Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: battlefield Birmingham 5 40k tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
True dat mate, the bomb didn't do much once the commander died, throughout the tournament I was keeping the commander at the back/towards the back of the unit and for good reason it turns out! Not sure if I will be keeping the defensive buffs on the commander (fnp and shield) as I don't want/need him to tank.

Tig great, rolling gate without needing the re-roll was epic lol, hope to do that 1/6 games!

I learn't a lot from throwing the bomb into the teeth of an army that has lots of shots and good ap damage/instant death rules. I've played with Warp Spiders for a time, they were good, but 2 units is nasty! They have to go down quick!

I messaged Harry just before I left for work, no FB access since Sad
(22-01-2014, 02:25 PM)Embolden Wrote: [ -> ]True dat mate, the bomb didn't do much once the commander died, throughout the tournament I was keeping the commander at the back/towards the back of the unit and for good reason it turns out! Not sure if I will be keeping the defensive buffs on the commander (fnp and shield) as I don't want/need him to tank.

Tig great, rolling gate without needing the re-roll was epic lol, hope to do that 1/6 games!

I learn't a lot from throwing the bomb into the teeth of an army that has lots of shots and good ap damage/instant death rules. I've played with Warp Spiders for a time, they were good, but 2 units is nasty! They have to go down quick!

Glad to have helped. happy i "doomed" them too, wouldnt have killed half of them with the D-scythes without that.

2 units of 5 warp spiders is a great option ive found. 300 points total and that includes the Spinneret rifle, fast shot and blades on the exarch. (dont need the blades if im honest, they didn't do anything!) that knocks them down to 260 points for both units
Cool, lemmi know when you get an answer!!
(22-01-2014, 02:25 PM)Embolden Wrote: [ -> ]True dat mate, the bomb didn't do much once the commander died, throughout the tournament I was keeping the commander at the back/towards the back of the unit and for good reason it turns out! Not sure if I will be keeping the defensive buffs on the commander (fnp and shield) as I don't want/need him to tank.

How did you lose the Buffmander?

Shouldn't have died as you are auto passing look-out sir on the wounds? Huh

Use him to absorb as much shooting as poss, then auto pass it onto drones, next turn leave him at the back?
Because hes a chump :p haha
Instant death from a d-scythe, cant remember why he took it on him, he was down to 1 wound by that point anyway
Also on a lighter note ive dropped the 4++ shield on the commander as im usually looking for the psychic power to give the unit that anway! I assume you will be too once you have gate?
Spammy psychic power abusers. Tongue
(22-01-2014, 04:14 PM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]How did you lose the Buffmander?

Shouldn't have died as you are auto passing look-out sir on the wounds? Huh

Use him to absorb as much shooting as poss, then auto pass it onto drones, next turn leave him at the back?

Just tanking as much str8 ap3 fire power as he could on 2 wounds, turns out… not a lot lol, he was hit 5 times, first roll a 1… failed fnp, saves 2, fails 4th, fails fnp (failed 4/5 fnp saves lol), I so the battlesuit he was protecting died anyway as I failed his 4+ inv save lol.

(22-01-2014, 04:18 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: [ -> ]Because hes a chump :p haha

Haha gonna have to smash you on Tuesday! Putting you back in your place!! :p

(22-01-2014, 04:20 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: [ -> ]Also on a lighter note ive dropped the 4++ shield on the commander as im usually looking for the psychic power to give the unit that anway! I assume you will be too once you have gate?

That’s a good shout! I need gate more and I think I will play safe for now and keep the shield.
(22-01-2014, 04:18 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: [ -> ]Because hes a chump :p haha

Haha gonna have to smash you on Tuesday! Putting you back in your place!! :p

Fighting talk :p i love it!! Should be a good game!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26