Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: battlefield Birmingham 5 40k tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
It certainly will! Big Grin
Really wanna see how my broadsides do! Spent almost £50 on 3 (hopefully i will make some of it back from selling deadzone) so i have high expectations :p
Are those the new kits?

£50 for three isn't to bad at all, considering that they are RRP £30 each.
Well, £20 reclaimed from returning stronghold assault (prize at cally) £10 element games voucher (another prize at cally lol) and the fact that element sell them for £20 something with free delivery! Selling deadzone should make me a profit so pretty happy lol gonna ebay it tonight i think! Really wanna paint them :p
Vince, i dont suppose if you know whether the tl rail rifle setup and high yeild share any parts? Would like to magnetise them so i have the option!! Noone seems to use rail rifles but they seem a semi good idea to me! Gonna try high yeild first of course!
Nice, can't knock that.

3 more are on my list of models to get once i paint up what i have (motivational lol).

Look forward to seeing them painted up when you get them! Smile
(23-01-2014, 01:53 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: [ -> ]Vince, i dont suppose if you know whether the tl rail rifle setup and high yeild share any parts? Would like to magnetise them so i have the option!! Noone seems to use rail rifles but they seem a semi good idea to me! Gonna try high yeild first of course!
You could quite easily magnetise them as i plan to do the same. Different arms, so Magnets at the shoulder sockets on both and wrists on the Rail rifles should do the trick.

Edit - Rail rifles are good with markerlight support and did me well in my early Tau lists, just without markerlights aren't much cop.

3 S8 AP1 shots vs 12 S7 AP4 shots is why people don't rate them.
Looks like the messages to Harry didn't send?? So have just resent them, answers pending :p

High Yield all the way, another problem with Broadsides is lack of mobility, if they move they're snap firing only, with Rail Rifles they would need to be deployed perfectly. High Yield give you that flexibility and being STR7 with a massive amount of shots they're just much better all round imo.
Thought that they are slow and purposeful so can fire as normal?

Only hindrances are below-

Slow and Purposeful 40k6 pg 47

A unit that contains at least one model with this special rule cannot Run, Turbo-boost, move Flat Out, perform a Sweeping Advance or fire Overwatch.

Edit - lol, realised that doesn't make sense. If they move 6" they fire as normal. Nothing to say they can't, they count as relentless, like centurians.
Either that everyone is playing there centurions wrong lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26