Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: battlefield Birmingham 5 40k tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Peachy, I reckon you could drop the plasma pistols and power weapons from the tactical sergeants - they are not worth it, incl dropping the dozer blade should give you 50 pts so 120 pts total to spend. Could go for a storm talon for a bit of anti flyer, you could also drop the deathwind launchers on the drop pods which probably won't do much, for 150 pts to spend - maybe another bike squad but with grav guns this time?

I have got lots to do before the tournament - need to paint the chapter master, finish painting the interrogator chaplain and 13 black knights, and finish painting azrael (although he's looking good enough to put on the table). Also awaiting 5 scouts I bought on ebay which will need painting from scratch!
I also have nemesis dread knight and GK term and strike squad and inquisitor Hq that I could field
Or this list.
+++ BB5 (1847pts) +++
+++ 1850pt Space Marines 6th Ed (2013) (FW), Fortifications, Grey Knights 5th Edition Roster (Primary Detachment, Fortification, Allied Detachment)) +++

Selections:

Space Marines 6th Ed (2013) (FW) (Primary Detachment) Selections:

+ (No Category) +

* Chapter Tactics
Salamanders

+ HQ + (90pts)

* Librarian (90pts) (Codex: Space Marines p80)
(And They Shall Know no Fear, Chapter Tactics, Independent Character, Psyker)
Mastery Level 2 (25pts)
* Power Armour
Force Sword

+ Troops + (515pts)

* Scout Squad (70pts)
(And They Shall Know no Fear, Chapter Tactics, Combat Squads, Infiltrate, Move Through Cover, Scout)
Camo Cloaks (10pts), 4x Scouts (44pts), 4x Sniper Rifle (4pts)
* Scout Sergeant (12pts)
Sniper Rifle (1pts)

* Tactical Squad (225pts)
(And They Shall Know no Fear, Chapter Tactics, Combat Squads)
Flamer (5pts), Multi-Melta (10pts), 9x Space Marine (126pts)
* Drop Pod (60pts)
Deathwind Missile Launcher (15pts), Locator Beacon (10pts)
* Space Marine Sergeant (24pts)
Bolt pistol, Combi-weapon (10pts)

* Tactical Squad (220pts)
Meltagun (10pts), Multi-Melta (10pts), 9x Space Marine (126pts)
* Drop Pod (35pts)
Storm Bolter
* Space Marine Sergeant (39pts)
Combi-weapon (10pts), Power Weapon (15pts)

+ Fast Attack + (143pts)

* Scout Bike Squad (143pts)
(And They Shall Know no Fear, Chapter Tactics, Combat Squads, Infiltrate, Scouts)
3x Astartes Grenade Launcher (15pts), 5x Scout Biker (90pts)
* Scout Biker Sergeant (38pts)
Combi-weapon (10pts), Locator Beacon (10pts)

+ Heavy Support + (425pts)

* Devastator Squad (225pts)
4x Lascannon (80pts), 4x Space Marine (56pts)
* Razorback (75pts)
(Tank)
Twin-Linked Lascannons (20pts)
* Space Marine Sergeant (14pts)
Bolt pistol, Chainsword

* Stalker (75pts)

* Vindicator (125pts)

Fortifications (Fortification) Selections:

+ Fortification + (100pts)

* Aegis Defense Line (100pts)
Gun emplacement with quad-gun (50pts)

Grey Knights 5th Edition (Allied Detachment) Selections:

+ HQ + (54pts)

* Inquisitor (54pts)
* Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (54pts)
(Independent Character, Stubborn)
Chainsword, Combi Flamer (10pts), Frag, Krak and Psyk-out Grenades, Power Armour (10pts), 3x Servo Skulls (9pts)

+ Troops + (325pts)

* Grey Knight Strike Squad (325pts)
(And They Shall Know No Fear, Brotherhood of Psykers, Combat Squads, Deep Strike, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), The Aegis)
Hammerhand, Incinerator (40pts), Psybolt Ammunition (20pts), Psycannon (30pts), Storm Bolter and Nemesis Force Daemonhammer (30pts), 5x Storm Bolter and Nemesis Force Falchions (150pts), Storm Bolter and Nemesis Force Sword (20pts), Warp Quake
* Justicar (35pts)
Master Crafted Nemesis Force Daemonhammer (15pts), Storm Bolter

+ Heavy Support + (195pts)

* Nemesis Dreadknight (195pts)
(And They Shall Know No Fear, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), Psyker (Mastery Level 1), The Aegis)
Dark Excommunication, Gatling Psilencer (35pts), Hammerhand, Heavy Incinerator (30pts), Two Nemesis Doomfists
I do like the idea of the dreadknight and inquisitor but spending 325 on a strike squad is waaaaaaaaaay to much! In my opinion 220 for 10 guys with Psybolt ammo is th way to go! The stalker and vindicator seem like points well spent but whose gonna man the quad gun? Again just 5 gk marines can fire it at bs 4 and cast warp quake to stop people deep striking behind your lines. Dropping the missiles on the drop pods would be a good idea Smile I also don't quite get why you would want devestator s with las cannons riding in a razorback! They have awesome range so don't really need pushing forward and can only snap when getting in and out of vehicles so I would maybe say drop the pod on the tac marine squad and use the razorback to keep them safe and get them to objectives. Means you would have the 4 las shots from the devestators and the extra from the razorback. Wild give you a great chance of 1st blood?

Like chris said the power weapons on the marine sergeants seems a waste of valuable points too as against most decent combat units (wraiths etc) it will make very little difference. Could use the extra for a land speeder storm to keep the scouts safe?

I think what im getting at is that you don't wanna go plowing tons of points into units that you need to stay alive! You have a ton of troops which is great for the way BB is set up so you might find yourself hiding them out of LOS making all the big guns and power weapons redundant. I love the idea of the sternguard in drop pods as they can cause so much grief!

I'm summary lol (I got a bit exited and couldn't stop typing mate Smile) it'd shave some points of the marines, pods and transports where you can, and beef up the units that are gonna do the damage! Ie sternguard and a teleporter for the dreadknight? Means he can get in your opponents face and distract them from the stuff creeping up behind! Also means his limited range (24" and template) won't matter as hel be in range with both weapons straight away! I love dreadknights :p you at the club on Tuesday? If so I've got no issue sitting down with ur tablet and looking how it could actually be built? (If you want my help that is lol :p)
My scouts arrived today Smile just gotta paint the suckers now! Might manage to base coat them before the game with Vince tomorrow.
Scouts for the win!!
Hey Kevin, thanks for posting your list, I think the theme of the list, but think I could do with being a little more… focused… I think is the word.

Libby, not sure what he’s going to buff as things stand, as you’re not on the table at the start of your turn, so don’t have any warp charge if you deep strike (I think that’s the ruling), so that means he has to start on the table, but he only has the Devs to join, granted it’s nice to TL the Lascannons and another buff, I would be tempted to get a 10man unit in that case…

Scouts – I would keep the storm, that did well for me, starting in reserve, hiding when it comes on and then turbo near an objective that’s isolated or practically unguarded turn4, turn5 the clear the objective and claim it.

10 Tactical Marines – I wouldn’t drop pod these, they’re not good enough on the drop imo, you need to alpha strike your opponent off the table, if you want a drop pod army, take Space Wolves IMO. I would keep with ranged fire power, Lascannons/Plasma Cannons and a Plasmagun are probably best bets, I wouldn’t bother with Multimelta or Meltaguns, also the combat buffs are a bit rubbish and over costed, drop these.

10 Tactical Marines – as above Lascannon/Plasma Cannon and Plasmagun only.

Scout Bikers – drop these imo, no need for the locator beacon, Marine Bikers are much better.

Devastator Squad – 4 Lascannons, awesome, I would bulk this squad out to 10, drop the libby in here imo, this way you have 6 wounds before you get to the Lascannons and Libby, not hard by any stretch, but would need concentrated fire power to remove, prescience also gives you decent anti-flyer as well.

Stalker – looks good rules, never played with or against.

Vindicator – excellent!

Inquisitor – go for Lvl1 Psyker, Termi Armour, 3 Servo Skulls and a Psycannon – 119pts of awesome, roll on the divination table, ignore cover/4+ inv save

10 Strikes – go double Psycannon and Psybolt Ammo then call it quits – Inquisitor goes here with Prescience or other buffs, then advance these into midfield later on.

Dreadknight – the best load out is Heavy Incinerator and Teleporter – 235pts… expensive but awesome! Keep this beast back or deep strike and then burst forward when your opponent starts to spread his forces and go after troops choices religiously, ignore everything else, just go after troops.

Aegis – Quadgun – okay choice, a lot of ignore cover about, so could be redundant in a lot of games, tactical squad /dev squad sits on the Quad.

I think with the changes made, you’ll have about 150-200pts to spend,

If you have 240pts… :p I would go for another Strike squad if possible if not Biker units are excellent!

This gives you basically a horde marine list! With Psyker support and multiple mobile units, scoring storm and contesting Dreadknight.

Hope the changes aren’t too drastic… more of tweak :p
Going with this in my practise game against Rob tomorrow! Hopefully ill be happy enough to take it to BB.......

Chapter Master [130]
+ Space Marine bike [20]
+ The Shield Eternal [50]
+ artificer armour [20]
+ power fist [25]
= 245
Chief Librarian Tigurius
= 165

5 Space Marine Bikers [105]
+ 2× grav-gun [30]
= 135
5 Space Marine Bikers [105]
+ 2× grav-gun [30]
= 135

4 Devastator Centurions [240]
+ Centurion Sergeant [10]
+ omniscope [10]
+ 2× twin-linked lascannon [40]
+ 2× grav-cannon and grav-amp [40]
+ 4× missile launcher [40]
= 380

Commander [85]
+ Command and Control Node [15]
+ Puretide Engram Neurochip [15]
+ Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite [20]
+ XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit [25]
+ vectored retro-thrusters [5]
+ gun drone [12]
+ gun drone [12]
= 189

XV104 Riptide [180]
+ early warning override [5]
+ ion accelerator [5]
= 190

10 Kroot
= 60
10 Kroot
= 60
• 1 Kroot Hound
= 5

3 XV88 Broadside Team [0]
+ Broadside Shas'ui [65]
+ missile drone [12]
+ missile drone [12]
+ twin-linked high-yield missile pod [0]
+ Broadside Shas'ui [65]
+ missile drone [12]
+ missile drone [12]
+ Broadside Shas'ui [65]
+ missile drone [12]
+ missile drone [12]
+ Bonding Knife Ritual [3]
= 285

1,849 points
Looks NASTY!!! To me anyway :p
Latest list that I'm play testing tonight.
+++ BB5 (1848pts) +++
+++ 1850pt Space Marines 6th Ed (2013) (FW), Fortifications, Grey Knights 5th Edition Roster (Primary Detachment, Fortification, Allied Detachment)) +++

Selections:

Space Marines 6th Ed (2013) (FW) (Primary Detachment) Selections:

+ (No Category) +

* Chapter Tactics
Salamanders

+ HQ + (90pts)

* Master of the Forge (90pts)
(And They Shall Know no Fear, Blessing of the Omnissiah, Bolster Defenses, Chapter Tactics, Independent Character)
Bolt pistol, Bolter

+ Troops + (468pts)

* Scout Squad (113pts)
(And They Shall Know no Fear, Chapter Tactics, Combat Squads, Infiltrate, Move Through Cover, Scout)
Heavy Bolter w/ Hellfire Shells (13pts), Scout Sergeant (11pts), 4x Scouts (44pts)
* Land Speeder Storm (45pts)
(Deep Strike, Scouts)
Cerberus Launcher, Heavy Bolter, Jamming Beacon

* Tactical Squad (170pts)
Flamer (5pts), Plasma Cannon (15pts), 9x Space Marine (126pts)
* Space Marine Sergeant (24pts)
Bolt pistol, Combi-weapon (10pts)

* Tactical Squad (185pts)
Heavy Bolter (10pts), Meltagun (10pts), 9x Space Marine (126pts)
* Space Marine Sergeant (39pts)
Combi-weapon (10pts), Power Weapon (15pts)

+ Fast Attack + (141pts)

* Bike Squad (141pts)
Plasma Gun (15pts), 5x Space Marine Biker (105pts)
* Biker Sergeant (21pts)
Bolt pistol

+ Heavy Support + (420pts)

* Devastator Squad (220pts)
4x Lascannon (80pts), 9x Space Marine (126pts)
* Space Marine Sergeant (14pts)
Bolt pistol, Chainsword

* Stalker (75pts)
* Vindicator (125pts)

Fortifications (Fortification) Selections:

+ Fortification + (100pts)
* Aegis Defense Line (100pts)
Gun emplacement with quad-gun (50pts)

Grey Knights 5th Edition (Allied Detachment) Selections:

+ HQ + (64pts)
* Inquisitor (64pts)
* Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (64pts)
(Independent Character, Stubborn)
Combi Flamer (10pts), Frag, Krak and Psyk-out Grenades, Power Armour (10pts), Power Sword (10pts), 3x Servo Skulls (9pts)

+ Troops + (295pts)
* Grey Knight Strike Squad (295pts)
(And They Shall Know No Fear, Brotherhood of Psykers, Combat Squads, Deep Strike, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), The Aegis)
Hammerhand, Psilencer (20pts), Psybolt Ammunition (20pts), Psycannon (30pts), 5x Storm Bolter and Nemesis Force Falchions (150pts), 2x Storm Bolter and Nemesis Force Sword (40pts), Warp Quake
* Justicar (35pts)
Master Crafted Nemesis Force Daemonhammer (15pts), Storm Bolter

+ Heavy Support + (270pts)
* Nemesis Dreadknight (270pts)
(And They Shall Know No Fear, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), Psyker (Mastery Level 1), The Aegis)
Dark Excommunication, Gatling Psilencer (35pts), Hammerhand, Heavy Incinerator (30pts), Personal Teleporter (75pts), Two Nemesis Doomfists
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26