Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: battlefield Birmingham 5 40k tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Just before I head off for work,

Hawks are done, Wraithknights are done, Jetbikes are mostly done, DE Warrior are done, Khymera still need another colour, pretty much there.
Just need to add colour to my grey knights then I am done.
So a loss in my one and only practice game... lol

Things didn't really go my way with not getting first turn and then not getting Fortune, but if the game ends turn5, I’d taken out, 3x1 Battlesuits, 1x3 Battlesuit, Farsight, Riptide, Then Vince had taken out, Farseer, Eldrad, Beastpack, Baron, 2x3 Jetbikes, I had Linebreaker, Vince had Warlord so a draw 14/14?? using BBV rules? We go another turn, Vince finished off another Jetbike unit and a Wraithknight, the Ovesa Bomb then charged the other Wraithknight on one wound, the Wraithknight takes out a Commander and a Drone, then Vince causes 1 wound from a Commander and the Wraithknight fails… so dies.. just for lols after the game I get Vince to check what would have happened if the hit had been saved, none of the Riptides hit and the Drones cannot hurt it, so the Wraithknight wins by 5, but Vinces passes the check… but another day and the Wraithknight wins combat, obtaining another 4 KPs… But I don’t think Vince needed to take the risk anyway… useful info for me tho. I do nothing in my turn6, turn7 Vince can kill the Warp Spiders, Jetbikes and either my kabalite warrior or Jetbike… either way I’m left with 1 figure on the table at the end of turn7…

Was a great game and really close throughout, would have loved a second game, but with me with Fortune… even going second, at least half the bomb can do something… hmmm I have Friday off but it’s Valentines day… so ZERO chance of getting another game in…
Good game against Sam yesterday, happy with most of my list but not sure about the speeders, think i can get something better for 225pts other than 6 missiles per turn on fairly fragile vehicles. I want something to support the bikestar but can't really come up with much - tried devs and speeders but not sure either are that great.

Sam suggested a landraider for the brazen claw tacticals which i could fit in - quite like the idea but not going to try and paint a landraider in the time i have left, only other thing i can think of is more troops ie more bikes, either taking another squad with attack bike and meltaguns or upping the ones I have to 6 man units and take the dakka banner so they are a threat. Not long to decide now!
Yeah, to be honest the charge was just for giggles as the game had been really bloody and close so thought i would carry on that way.

If was playing fully competitive, would have probably played exactly the same apart from that last charge and gone my 2d6 away, hoping on over watch fire taking your last wound off.

Was quite happy with how the aggressive deep strikes paid off, only one mishap which i rolled a one on. Lolz.
Realised i only have 1 land raider haha maybe should have thought about it before!! Changed my list accordingly though! LOTS of firepower Smile
Finally decided on a list!

Azrael 215
Interrogator Chaplain, bike, mace of redemption 160
Ravenwing command - 5 bikes, apothecary, 1 grenade launcher 230
Ravenwing Attack Squadron - 3 bikes, 2 flamers, attack bike - multi melta 135
Ravenwing Attack Squadron - 3 bikes, 2 melta guns, attack bike - multi melta 155
Ravenwing Attack Squadron - 3 bikes, 2 melta guns, attack bike - multi melta 155
10 Ravenwing Black knights - 1 grenade launcher, melta bombs 425
Chapter Master - bike, artificer armour, shield eternal, power fist 245
Tactical squad - 5 marines, plasma cannon, Rhino 120
Total 1850
Looks great to me mate!!
So is everyone ready? Anyone setting themself a target? Im not going to lie that im hoping for a top 3 finish :p bit ambitious but ive improved every time in the last tournaments ive been to coming 11th, 10th and 5th! Still waiting for that trophy though!! Lol
My target is to avoid getting tabled and will be happy enough with that.
All models painted, codexs and rule book packed along with templates and army list and faqs, dice pen and paper.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26