Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: battlefield Birmingham 5 40k tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
So I'm not a fan of Centurions... without the Commander/Tigurius Buffs and Chapter Master tanking the hits, they're not a force to be frightened of without Landraider support, to get them into range.

So back the drawing board.
In a similar vein to the Nick... I'm thinking of changing my list completely.

Eldrad – 205
Farseer – Jetbike, Shard, Witnessing, Spear, Warding – 185
3 Jetbikes – 51
3 Jetbikes – 51
3 Jetbikes – 51
3 Jetbikes – 51
7 Warp Spiders – 133
7 Warp Spiders – 133
Wraithknight – 240
Wraithknight – 240
Baron – 105
5 DE Warriors 45
5 Beastmasters, 25 Khymera – 360
Lol, back to beastpack?

Thought the centurions would struggle in that list to be honest, as you say, what makes Nicks nasty is the mix he puts in there.
having never faced the beast pack I can't really comment. Wraith knights are nasty though!
I am thinking of dropping my devastators, not sure though, they are a nice threat and protected by the pfg of the Libby they work ok, but damage output is not that great and I think I want the Libby going forward with the command squad so he can keep in range of and buff the big squad. Could swap them for 3 tml/hb speeders - not tried these in a while and I know they get murdered by ignore cover stuff, but I really like them and want to see if they work. They could hang just behind the Libby and benefit from his pfg but still might be a bit too fragile?

Here's the new list, changes in bold, have dropped a Rhino, infra visor on the Libby, as well as the devs:

Azrael 215
Librarian - bike, pfg, lions roar (combi plasma cannon) 135
Ravenwing command - 5 bikes, apothecary, 1 grenade launcher 230
Ravenwing Attack Squadron - 3 bikes, 2 flamers, attack bike - multi melta 135
Ravenwing Attack Squadron - 3 bikes, attack bike - multi melta 135
Tactical squad - 5 marines, lascannon 90
9 Ravenwing Black knights - 1 grenade launcher 378
3 typhoon speeders 225
Chapter Master - bike, artificer armour, storm shield, power fist 210
Tactical squad - 5 marines, plasma cannon 85
Total 1850
Looks good Chris! Nice big unit of black knights, plenty of survivable troops and lots of firepower!
Had PLENTY of time on my hands over the last few days and I think I've lost the plot lol if I do go to BB I will most likely be taking......

Chapter Master [130]
+ Space Marine bike [20]
+ The Shield Eternal [50]
+ artificer armour [20]
+ power fist [25]
= 245
Chief Librarian Tigurius
= 165

10 Tactical Marines
= 140
5 Tactical Marines
= 70

4 Devastator Centurions [240]
+ Centurion Sergeant [10]
+ omniscope [10]
+ 2× twin-linked lascannon [40]
+ 2× grav-cannon and grav-amp [40]
+ 4× missile launcher [40]
= 380
Land Raider
= 250
Land Raider
= 250

Commander [85]
+ Puretide Engram Neurochip [15]
+ Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite [20]
+ vectored retro-thrusters [5]
+ XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit [25]
= 150

10 Kroot
= 60

Inquisitor Coteaz
= 100

Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband
= 0
• Acolyte
= 4
• Acolyte
= 4
• Acolyte
= 4
• Acolyte
= 4
• Acolyte
= 4
Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband
= 0
• Acolyte
= 4
• Acolyte
= 4
• Acolyte
= 4
• Acolyte
= 4
• Acolyte
= 4

1,850 points
Looks good Chris, I really like the list! Loads of tactical options, could you find the pts/models for a squad of Bikes with 2 Grav Guns? Maybe instead of a Tactical squad and Lions Roar?

Nick I like your list!

the Mobile cover and guns of the Landraiders are great, I would be tempted to swap out a Tactical squad for a Bike squad and then a Landraider to a GK Landraider, this gives you an option to hide Coteaz and a Acolyte squad in the KP mission, plus the bikes give you ANOTHER mobile scoring unit.
Can battle brothers embark on a transport of their allies? I'm almost certain I was told/read somewhere that they can't but can't find anything in the GW FAQ Confused ill be a very happy bunny if you can Smile
Also, does anyone have the rules for the death storm drop pod?
(07-02-2014, 10:54 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: [ -> ]Can battle brothers embark on a transport of their allies? I'm almost certain I was told/read somewhere that they can't but can't find anything in the GW FAQ Confused ill be a very happy bunny if you can Smile

Somewhere on the allies matrix page, it says even battle bros cannot embark on each others transports.

And nope, never even heard of the drop pod? Is it the one with Assault Cannons? I'm is automated and BS3? Im sure a table next to me had one at Cale or at least talked out it :p
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26