Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: battlefield Birmingham 5 40k tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Got my objectives from Caledonian Smile wish theyd put the rankings up tho! Lol
Seconded, want to see where I am lol, dropped into the 90's! :p But only have 2 tournaments registered.

I have a lot to do now that I've changed my list!
Ahhhh man, dug out some of my blood angels stuff and I really wanna use them!! Might drop the Tau and go for.....

Chapter Master [130]
+ Space Marine bike [20]
+ The Shield Eternal [50]
+ artificer armour [20]
+ power fist [25]
= 245
Chief Librarian Tigurius
= 165

5 Space Marine Bikers [105]
+ 2× grav-gun [30]
= 135
5 Space Marine Bikers [105]
+ 2× grav-gun [30]
= 135

4 Devastator Centurions [240]
+ Centurion Sergeant [10]
+ omniscope [10]
+ 2× twin-linked lascannon [40]
+ 2× grav-cannon and grav-amp [40]
+ 4× missile launcher [40]
= 380

Inquisitor Coteaz
= 100

Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband
= 0
• Acolyte
= 4
• Acolyte
= 4
• Acolyte
= 4
• Acolyte
= 4
Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband
= 0
• Acolyte
= 4
• Acolyte
= 4
• Acolyte
= 4

Commander Dante
= 225

1 Sanguinary Priests
= 0
• Brother Corbulo
= 105

Sanguinary Guard [200]
+ infernus pistol [10]
+ Chapter Banner [30]
= 240
5 Assault Marines [90]
+ jump packs [0]
= 90

1,848 points

Dante and corbulo would sit in the Death Star giving them hit and run, would have corbulo placed behind the chapter ,aster for look out sirs with 3+ armour and 2+ FNP. Everything else would be in reserve using tiggys re roll to keep them off the table! The sanguinary guard and assault marines only scatter 1d6 onto objectives. The acolytes are scoring and will just try and stay out of Los to jump on objectives! Any thoughts? Smile
Also Dante makes the Death Star fearless which helps a lot Smile
Also Dante an the chapter master can detach with awesome movement to pick off units once the main threats are gone! And coteaz stops ppl deep striking by me as we'll as a re roll to seize. AND corbulo gives the that 1 re roll of my choice!! Re roll for turn 6 anyone?

I actually really love it! Dunno how well it would play but in my head its AWESOME! Lol

Ill stop banging on now!

Ps Vince......... Your playing this list tomorrow Smile
As requested by Nick, here is my list!

Farsight – 165
Shadowsun – 135
Battlesuit – Command & Control Node, Puretide Engram Chip, Muti-spectrum System Suit, Drone Controller, Vectored Retro Thrusters, 2 Gun Drones - 119
Battlesuit – 2 Plasma Rifles, Target Lock, 1 Gun Drone – 79
Battlesuit – 2 Fusion Blasters, Target Lock, 2 Gun Drones – 91
Battlesuit – 2 Fusion Blasters, Target Lock, 2 Gun Drones – 91
Battlesuit – 2 Missile Pod, Target Lock, 2 Gun Drones – 91
10 Kroot – 60
10 kroot – 60

Sevrin Loth – 175
5 Scouts – 55
4 Devestator Centurions - not sure on weapons, either Grav or Las or a mix of both, 4 Missiles, Omniscope - 380

Coteaz - 100
Inquisitor - Lvl1 Psyker - 55
3 Warrior Acolytes - 12
3 Warrior Acolytes - 12
3 Warrior Acolytes - 12

1850pts

I might split up the buff suit, maybe putting the DC and VRT on the Missile Suit, who is likely to be at the back of the squad.

Loth, Shadowsun and Farisght join the bodyguards, Loth granting Dome, Gate and Mechanicum or Crush...

Coteaz and Inquisitor join the Dev Centurions for a second Deathstar, Coteaz and Inquisitor both have access to the Divination and Telekinesis trees… so I could in theory get 4+ inv, Prescience or Ignore cover and Gate.. would be there perfect set… but in all honesty I think I will just be rolling on Divi looking for something good unless I feel brave and/or need to really get the Centurions into my opponents face turn1.

I also like this lists because it has 6 scoring units, 3 of which can outflank and only 13kps, which isn’t as many as my last list, plus 7 of them are tied up into 2 deathstars and not vulnerable vehicles.

I think is also has a lot of answers to the meta of Riptide spam, Beastpacks and Screamers.

It works in my head lol!

So Chris what are you bringing!!!???
Looks awesome to me dude! Takes the best parts ftom my list (tut tut :p) and yours! Lots of scoring and ton of firepower! Id probably go all las on the centurions as your bomb will be doing all the short range work!! Although i didnt think BB was allowing forge world? If so, no loth?
FW is allowed, I think, hope... 1 tournament with and 1 without, this one is with... I hope lol sure I read the rulespack haha.

Was actually looking a Allen Al-Sours list from Cale, was almost tempted to take a Bastion as well haha, but decided to go with second Inquisitor but that could change.

If it's no to Loth, then I go Tig... Also I've seen your list, I prefer the Marine/Tau combo... much more raw killing power, but BB is not about big wins, its just about winning the mission you could batter a person or win by a narrrow margin and still get the same points. I think list2 is much more resilient, but after looking at Tig in more detail, his reserve reroll only relates to " same detachment" I think this would be for the Ultramarines only, not the entire army... or thats how I read it anyway.
(03-02-2014, 06:08 PM)Embolden Wrote: [ -> ]FW is allowed, I think, hope... 1 tournament with and 1 without, this one is with... I hope lol sure I read the rulespack haha.

this bb its forge world allowed
Two death stars!! Noooo! How do I deal with a farsight bomb AND the dev centurions?

Like the marine list Nick, no need to ally with the xenos scum. No idea how good it will be vs your marine/tau list but sounds good.

Rob, I am bringing this list, or something very similar tomorrow:

Azrael 215
Librarian - bike, pfg, infra visor 120
Ravenwing command - 5 bikes, apothecary, 1 grenade launcher 230
Ravenwing Attack Squadron - 3 bikes, attack bike - multi melta 135
Ravenwing Attack Squadron - 3 bikes, attack bike - multi melta 135
Tactical squad - 5 marines, Rhino, plasma cannon 120
9 Ravenwing Black knights - 1 grenade launcher 378
Devastator squad - 4 las cannons, 10 man 220
Chapter Master - bike, artificer armour, storm shield, power fist 210
Tactical squad - 5 marines, plasma cannon 85
Total 1848

Still umming and ahhhing over a few options, whether to downgrade the CMaster to a captain to get an extra black knight or whether the pfg is worth it or I should go for a second Rhino - need a practice game before I decide on some of the stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26