Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: battlefield Birmingham 5 40k tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Go to the tide side, feel the anger and hate of your opponents go through you.. Tongue

It is nice to have marker light support for him though to get ignores cover and boost his BS where possible.
(31-01-2014, 08:17 AM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]Go to the tide side, feel the anger and hate of your opponents go through you.. Tongue

It is nice to have marker light support for him though to get ignores cover and boost his BS where possible.

LOL loving the speech mate!

I think I'm going to have to sit down with my list again... I mean really figure out what I want to do, not just a rough tactic, like I had... you know, bomb gates forwards, skyray support, kroot outflank onto objectives, scouts hide and move onto objective... I just don't think it's detailed enough, plus I think the list can be even more effecient...

It really told in my sloppy deployment and Nicks better thought out list and experience.
Haha i wouldnt say experience!! Lol i get lucky A LOT! See ive always liked the idea of skyrays but they never seem to do what they should? I think dropping two of them for a riptide and leaving one for markerlight support could work? I might be wrong but it makes sense to me Smile

As for my list, the general idea is to put the tac marines in the land raider till turn 5 to keep them safe and use it as a shield for the broadsides or centurions so they dont lose wounds from distance if i go 2nd! If i go first it gives me two extra las cannon shots to shoot something different to the centurions as with the previous list i could only hit 3 units per turn until my reserves came in! Also have the heavy bolter to split fire against the weaker troop units! In my head it works but i only have 2 more games before BB (unless anyones free the friday before?!!) so i need to decide asap to have chance to get my tactics right!
I like the Landraider addition, I think it brings another element to your list! You can protect the side/rear of your Bomb from fire, also Bikes can easily hide behind/to the side of it. My opponent game4 at Cale had a Redeemer doing a good job of protecting bike squads.

But if you're unsure of the Landraider and if you want a LOS blocker, how about the Bastion?
you guys made your objectives yet, just made my 6 (you only need 5, but many games need 6 so I made 6), waiting on the glue and then some paint on them before I show them off
Thanks for the reminder Sam - always forget objectives! Will have to make some, not sure what they will be yet. Busy painting the Chapter Master (although may make him a captain) and a plasma cannon marine tonight.
I'm glad that the WFB guys don't have anything like that to do. I have a 65 model army, and I have finished painting 9 of them so far. And of this 9, none are based. Then again I guess we have movement trays to assemble for our units, so they could be the equivalent of your Objectives. And mine are not done either. With lists due next week, I can see there being a mad panic, as I try to work out, what I will have finished.
The objectives don't have to be very elaborate, I've got a few kicking around somewhere that are just a dark angels symbol glued to a base, based and painted. Does the job and looks OK.

I am having the same problem, keep changing my list to models that aren't fully painted...
Im really liking the idea if the landraider as a wall to protect my bomb! Think im gonna go with it! Gives me extra shots and av14 troop protection too Smile
The gw objectives are ok to use aren't they as for painting have one GK squad to do and the odd weapon upgrades need to do bases on a few more.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26