Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: battlefield Birmingham 5 40k tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Swapping the termies for more black knights and a tech marine seems like a plan! The tech marine could bolster the ruin for your devestators giving them 3+ cover. Against armys with no igcover it would free azrael up to join another squad!
Was just about to suggest that then realised this went another page lol,

What about allies??

Chapter master on bike, tooled to teeth with a bike squad with grav guns and a thunder fire?

If you want inspiration check out the cale thread on TWF and look through the lists PDF Smile
Thanks for the help on my list it worked out quite well last night. Didn't think much of the aegis defense line although the quad gun was ok so may look at spending the 100pts on something else.
(29-01-2014, 07:14 PM)Peachy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the help on my list it worked out quite well last night. Didn't think much of the aegis defense line although the quad gun was ok so may look at spending the 100pts on something else.

Ive never really liked the aegis. Its great that you get a 4+ cover but u can get that from a ruin for free? Also it always impacts massivly on your deployement and usually leads to being more defensive which isnt always the way to go! And finally as it is deployes before the 1st or 2nd turn roll if your opponent goes first hel have a VERY good idea of where your going to deploy and will ensure they have something in range to shoot whatevers firing the quad gun!

In summary..... Not a fan lol
Kevin if you lose the defence line and some upgrades you could fit a stormraven in!! 10 tac marines split into two fives have been amazing for me! Fly on by an objective, shoot some stuff, drop 5 guys off, fly away to another objective, shoot some more stuff, drop 5 more off then get shot down by a Riptide haha if u wanna try it at the club next week ut more than welcome to borrow one! Might b worth thinking about for BB Smile
(30-01-2014, 01:00 AM)Nick1988 Wrote: [ -> ]Kevin if you lose the defence line and some upgrades you could fit a stormraven in!! 10 tac marines split into two fives have been amazing for me! Fly on by an objective, shoot some stuff, drop 5 guys off, fly away to another objective, shoot some more stuff, drop 5 more off then get shot down by a Riptide haha if u wanna try it at the club next week ut more than welcome to borrow one! Might b worth thinking about for BB Smile

How good are the four storm strike missiles because if I add it to primary force it uses up a heavy slot but if added to allies it takes up fast attack slot and has mind strike missiles instead and fortitude to remove crew shaken or stunned
Both have pros and cons,

Mind Strike Missiles are amazing against Daemons and any Psykers

Stormhammer missiles are amazing against vehicles and MCs

So it's really down to you, what do you fear more?

Personally... I don't think set of Mind Strike Missiles are enough, if you're going down that route you need multiples.. so I would go Marine Raven and drop the Stalker.

Assault Cannon and Multi-Melta upgrades every time.
Agreed Smile

I'm seriously debating this lol

Chapter Master [130]
+ Space Marine bike [20]
+ The Shield Eternal [50]
+ artificer armour [20]
+ power fist [25]
= 245
Chief Librarian Tigurius
= 165

6 Space Marine Bikers [126]
+ 2× grav-gun [30]
= 156
5 Tactical Marines
= 70

4 Devastator Centurions [240]
+ Centurion Sergeant [10]
+ omniscope [10]
+ 2× twin-linked lascannon [40]
+ 2× grav-cannon and grav-amp [40]
+ 4× missile launcher [40]
= 380
Land Raider
= 250

Commander [85]
+ Command and Control Node [15]
+ Puretide Engram Neurochip [15]
+ Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite [20]
+ XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit [25]
+ vectored retro-thrusters [5]
+ Neuroweb System Jammer [2]
= 167

XV104 Riptide [180]
+ early warning override [5]
+ ion accelerator [5]
= 190

10 Kroot
= 60

2 XV88 Broadside Team [0]
+ Broadside Shas'ui [65]
+ missile drone [12]
+ missile drone [12]
+ twin-linked high-yield missile pod [0]
+ Broadside Shas'ui [65]
+ twin-linked high-yield missile pod [0]
= 164

1,847 points
Nasty! Love the idea of the Landraider!
Been having a think about my list for BBV

Not sure about the Skyrays.. I'm thinking a Riptide could be a better choice? More mobile for sure.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26