Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Caledonian Revolutions 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(03-06-2015, 10:00 AM)will Wrote: [ -> ]Haha I'm just hoping 100+ models will stop me getting tabled.

I think I prefer the first list Rob. More objective secured will probably be of more use, as the games are maelstrom and eternal war at the same time. Also is the second list legal for the caledonian? you've got a windrider host, aspect host and a CAD (I think ) and we are restricted to two detachments and no detatchments inside detachments. Unless they've updated the rules pack?

I'm also thinking list 1 is better. Obsec is important, but I like the extra shots and the tax is quite heavy for the Windrider host for little reward (Auto Battlefocus upto 6" and shred on the Shuriken weapons in the Windrider host (Farseer, Warlock and Vypers for 1 turn...)

The second list is legal, its the Eldar Warhost (much like the Decurion from the Necron codex), where you can take multiple formations for 1 overall Warhost, its actually, Windrider Host (Farseer, Windriders, Vyper and Warlock), Wraith-Constructs (Wraithknight), Heroes of the Craftworld (Autarch), Aspect Host (Reapers, Hawks and Spiders) with a CAD.

(03-06-2015, 11:08 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I like the first list best Rob. Game against JJ's Eldar yesterday went well for me but think that had a bit to do with JJ shooting at a Ghost ark for three turns that refused to die. I'm not totally sure about the lychguard unit with swords and shields, might be better with more shooting instead.

Thanks Chris,

Yeah Ghostarks are a PAIN if you cannot get that pen and even when they jink you don't really diminish the fire power because its the Warriors inside that do the damage!
Whilst checking to see if the rules pack has been updated(it hasn't) I found this on the cally Facebook page. Might affect some of your lists so I'll post it here

Quote:Greetings Revolutionaries!
So the ETC has finished its first round of voting and after a bit of a think and consultation with the Caledonian Illuminati I have come to the following decision on Imperial Knights:
There will be no amendments to the Event Restrictions for Caledonian Revolution.
To clarify. The Event Restrictions remain:
‘Come the Apocalypse’ Alliances can be made and Special (Unique) Characters will be allowed.
Psychic phase. The total number of Warp Charge that can be generated each turn will not be capped however a player is limited to using 15 Warp Charge for Conjurations each a turn.
A player may take a maximum of 480pts of Forge World
A player may take a maximum of 480pts of Lords of War
These limits are not mutually exclusive so a Forge World Lord of War will count for both categories.
This means that you will not be able to field armies of Imperial Knights at Revolution, but you can field one if you wish (don’t think you can quite field two). I appreciate this will impact on some players but after Games Workshop re-classified their Force Org slot I was left with 3 options. Allow all Super Heavies and Gargantuan into the Event or provide the Imperial Knights an exception to the rule. Both I feel would have impacted negatively on the majority so have instead opted to stick with the original plan.
Event Restrictions will be reviewed between events so if you feel strongly one way or the other about this decision please post up here or email me at the Event email address (see below).
Next piece of news. Confirming the list submission deadline as FRIDAY 26th June 2015 and that all Codex released on or before this date will be legal for Revolution. This could (if the rumours are correct) affect Space Marine players. I will endeavour to keep the list of approved Detachments, Formations and Data slates up to date (needs an update!) as and when something is released. Rule of thumb will be that it’s all legal unless it is prohibited by the Event Restrictions or I say otherwise.
I’ve already had 1 list submitted so reckon I’ll have to find this keen gamer a prize to reward their enthusiasm!!
Finally also to confirm these new SUPER-Formations (Necron Decurion, Craftworld Warhost etc) are all legal. For Revolution they may be taken as your ‘Primary Detachment’ instead of a Combined Arms Detachment (CAD). They may not be taken as your ‘Secondary Detachment’ nor taken with a CAD. Going forward I will probably allow them to be taken with CAD’s and that these and CAD’s can be taken as ‘Secondary Detachments’ but for now we will stick with the original layout!
Hope that makes sense to everyone?
Any questions or queries can be posted up here or sent to me by PM or the Event email: Caledonian_events@yahoo.co.uk
Regards,
Tim King
Head TO & Ref
Caledonian 40K Events
P.s. - for info the ETC voted to allow Knights otherwise all Super Heavies and Gargantuan Creatures are banned. In the end this has not affected the Restrictions for this Event. I include this information purely for completeness and transparency.
Cheers Will. So this means no knight armies and no wraith knights?
Pretty much as expected although I'm kinda surprised that knight army's are now banned! Not complaining tho! Always struggled against them when I've played at tournaments.
(09-06-2015, 10:27 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers Will. So this means no knight armies and no wraith knights?

You're allowed up to 480pts. So one Wraithknight or one Imperial Knight tops.
Hey guys, so I doubt I'm going to get much practice, so here is the list I'm about to submit:

Alliance Level: Battle Brothers

Combined Arms Detachment: Eldar Craftworlds
HQ1Farseer (100) Skyrunner (15) Spiritstone (15) Singing Spear (5) = [135] (WARLORD)
HQ2 Autarch (70) Hawks Wings (15) Fusion Gun (10) Scorpions Chainsword (3) = [98]
Troop1 6 Windriders (102) 6 Scatter Lasers (60) = [162]
Troop2 5 Windriders (85) 5 Scatter Lasers (50) = [135]
Troop3 5 Windriders (85) 5 Scatter Lasers (50) = [135]
Troop4 5 Windriders (85) 5 Scatter Lasers (50) = [135]
Heavy1 3 Vauls Wrath Weapon Batteries (90) D-Cannon upgrade (75) = [165]
Heavy2 2 War Walkers (120) 4 Scatter Lasers (0) = [120]
LoW1 Wraithknight (295) 2 Heavy Wraithcannons (0) 2 Scatter Lasers (30) = [325]
Total: [1410]

Formation Detachment: Eldar Craftworlds Aspect Host (+1 BS)
Heavy1 5 Dark Reapers (125) Exarch (15) 5 Star Shot Missiles (40) = [180]
Fast1 6 Swooping Hawks (96) Exarch (10) Hawks Talon (10) = [116]
Fast2 7 Warp Spiders (133) Exarch (10) = [143]
Total: [439]

Army Total: [1849]
Looks good Rob,

I'm gonna have one more game this week before list submission and def going for Necrons, just not totally sure what so will try out something instead of the sword and shield unit this week.
(14-06-2015, 11:41 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good Rob,

I'm gonna have one more game this week before list submission and def going for Necrons, just not totally sure what so will try out something instead of the sword and shield unit this week.

Cheers Chris.

What are you thinking mate?

I played against Lychguard combat at War of the Roses, its a nasty deathstar. My opponent ran 5 with attached characters, Zahndrekh, Obron, Overlord, Lord and Cryptek.

He started with Obron, Cryptek and a Lord on the table attacked to 3 Tomb Blades (also had the Ghostarks) and turn2 switched Zahndrekhs trait to re-roll reserves and brought on Overlord and Cryptek with 5 Lychguard from Nightscythe, dropping them off in the centre of the table, Obron then did his jump to join them not scattering thanks to Zahndrekh and ran to form whatever formation he wanted with that squad. Its super nasty! Meaning Zahndrekh can steal powers etc. With the Nightscythe meaning they can come on pretty much wherever you want! Smile But also with Solar Pulse and Res orb, than squad almost impossible to stop on the drop!

I got super lucky and 20'd this list as my opponent failed a 5" charge and allowed me to escape with a Wraithknight into his backfield to kill the rest of the list (Deathmarks, Immortals, 2 Ghostarks and 20 Warriors)

Just a thought :p
Also has the choice to attach Obron + characters to Warriors and can drop them in an opponents backfield if required. Its a nasty nasty list with plenty of tactical choices.
Sounds interesting!

Just stripping the list down what has been really good is the core reclamation legion and wraiths:

Overlord - solar pulse, res orb
10 lychguard war scythes
10 warriors ghost ark
10 warriors ghost ark
5 immortals
3 tomb blades nebuloscopes
Canoptek wraiths 5 whip coils
3 scarabs
Canoptek spyder

This is 1350 points.
Just rethinking what the last 500 points could be spent on. The overlord can keep the lychguard unit alive for two turns. Could go with 500 pts of dark Eldar allies for deep striking S8 ap2 and fast vehicles, although I'd need to keep them away from the necrons:
Archon - blaster
5 kab warriors blaster
5 kab warriors blaster
5 kab true born 4 blasters raider night shields

Or just stick with necrons and take a night scythe for the immortals:

Royal court
Zahndrek
Cryptek
Lord
warscythe (for overlord)
+ 5 immortals night scythe

Cryptek picks up the solar staff, lord takes res orb, instead of overlord. Zahndrek and lord and cryptek in warscythe unit, overlord in night scythe so they have a warscythe in the unit. Unless it's better to put the warscythe unit in the night scythe.

So this would have dropped the 8 man sword and shield unit, and cut down on the royal court to take a night scythe and boost the immortals and a second ghost ark. For comparison here is the original list:

Zahndrek
2 x 10 Warriors, 1 with Ghost Ark
5 Immortals - gauss
3 tomb blades - nebuloscopes
10 Lychguard - war scythes
8 Lychguard - shields and swords
Canoptek Harvest:
6 Wraiths - 5 whip coils
3 scarabs
Spyder
Royal Court:
Overlord res ord warscythe veil of darkness