Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Caledonian Revolutions 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Thinking of a tweak to the list to put a warscythe in the shield and sword unit which is needed, so dropping the veil of darkness to give the Lord a res orb, then he goes with the warscythe unit along with orikan, and the overlord and Zahndrek go with the sword and shield unit.
Great looking list Chris! Are you worried about the Lychguard lack of mobility?

And with Eldar looking popular how will you deal with all those scatter bikes?
My initial and Eldar cally list

HQ
Farseer Skyrunner – Spiristones – 130 (Warlord)
Farseer Skyrunner – 115

Troops
5 Windriders – 5 Scatter Lasers – 135
5 Dire Avengers – 65

Fast Attack
Crimson Hunter – Exarch, Bright Lances – 160
Vyper Squadron - 3 Vypers double Shuriken Cannons - 150

Heavy Support
2 Vauls Wraith Support Batteries – D-Cannons – 110
2 War Walkers – 4 Scatter Lasers – 120
Falcon Squadron: 2 Falcons – 2 Scatter Lasers, 2 Ghostwalk Matrix – 270

Lord of War
Wraithknight – Heavy Wraithcannons, 2 Scatter Lasers – 325

Total: 1850
(20-05-2015, 10:15 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]Thinking of a tweak to the list to put a warscythe in the shield and sword unit which is needed, so dropping the veil of darkness to give the Lord a res orb, then he goes with the warscythe unit along with orikan, and the overlord and Zahndrek go with the sword and shield unit.

Been seriously considering lynchguard myself as the destroyers didn't cut it at war of the roses. However I think I prefer deathmarks as wraith knights are going to be everywhere and wounding them on a 2+ the turn they arrive could be awesome! Other than that all I can say is wraiths are amazing when they have re animation. I only took 5 off the table all weekend!

I also learned the decurion makes everything soooooooo tough to kill! My warriors survived 4 turns of combat with thunder hammer terminators and actually killed a hive tyrant haha. Scarabs were amazing too!!

I'm pretty much set on

Necron decurion

Nemesor Zahndrekh 150
Overlord: Veil of Darkness; Warscythe; Resurrection Orb 150
Lord: Solar Staff 65
Orikan the Diviner 120

10 Warriors 130
• Ghost Ark 105
10 Warriors 130
• Ghost Ark 105
5 Immortals 85
• Night Scythe 130

5 Deathmarks 90
5 Deathmarks 90

3 Tomb Blades: 3× Shadowloom 57
6 Canoptek Wraiths: 6× Whip Coils 258
6 Canoptek Scarabs 120

1 Canoptek Spyder: Fabricator Claw Array; Gloom Prism 65

1,850 points
The idea is I start with the characters and the wraiths together and shunt them right into the middle of the board. The spider then hides out of sight somewhere within 12 spawning scarabs and the ghost arks move forward into the middle too so they get re roll 1s from reclamation legion etc. Turn two I change my warlord trait to re roll reserves hoping everything turns up n with a bit of luck my wraiths and scarabs should have a charge and the ghost arks and night scythe should have a shot. The immortals will stay embarked as long as possible n drop into an objective turn 4/5 and the tomb blades just fly around claiming maelstrom points.
Nasty list mate!
I really like all the threats it has! Combat and shooting
(20-05-2015, 06:28 PM)Embolden Wrote: [ -> ]Great looking list Chris! Are you worried about the Lychguard lack of mobility?

And with Eldar looking popular how will you deal with all those scatter bikes?

Cheers Rob, not sure how to deal with the scatter bikes tbh! Doing the maths your 15 scatter bikes all shooting at the warscythe unit would kill about 4.5 of them, not including orikan a reroll 1's of armour, the overlords reroll 1's of re animation, or the fact that they may have prescience/guide on them.

So list as stands I would advance as fast as possible, move through cover helped a lot in my last game, on a fairly big front as wraiths up one one flank, warscythe unit in middle and shield and sword next to them on the other flank. Try and weather the storm for a couple of turns using res orbs and solar pulse, then hopefully in charge range by turn 3. But all I really need to do is keep the enemy hemmed in to his side of the board so I can score maelstrom points from more objectives than he has. Not sure how it will work against a very shooty list though so still umming and ahhhing about the veil to cross the board.

Yeah I like Deathmarks Nick but they are a one shot pony. Interesting you have gone shadow looms to make the tomb blades more survivable, rather than nebuloscopes. I might consider that as I only shot them twice and they are there for nipping across the board and not really damage.

Rob your list looks horrible, think you should drop some of those scatter lasers, surely you don't need that many Tongue
Yeah the shadow looms kept them alive pretty well. Constantly jinking meant they didn't kill anything but scored a few maelstrom points just moving flat out onto objectives or into my opponents deployment zone. I found that I really struggled for movement with everything other than my wraiths or scarabs so I'm also looking to deep strike my deathmarks onto objectives that are in cover (as there's always 6) n if they can kill a big creature or something even better! To be honest I'm just comparing them to other 90 point units. (Tac marines, 3 man bikes etc) n they offer a lot in comparison so I'm willing to give them a try although the choice between two deathmark units or a war scythe lynchguard unit in a night scythe is tough! Would also mean I have to just foot slog my immortals which I think is a waste of their points!
Necrons are super durable! And you're right Chris, they will give you board control!

Veil is a risk, but its a very immediate threat, I like the fact it gives you mobility turn4/5 when you need to be on objectives at the end of the game.

I've been doing the math on my list as well:
22 Str 4 (8 TL)
2 StrD Blasts
2 StrD single shots
8 Str8 Ap2 shots
116 Str6 Shots (18 are range 24 bladestorm) (98 are range 36)

And I'm not even sure I have enough fire power to hurt Necrons, luckily the entire army is mobile even the War Walkers aren't slow thanks to Battle Focus.
Not really sure what to do with my list now the mantle has gone.... thinking along the lines of:

HQ1: Autarch - Fusion Gun
HQ2: Farseer Skyrunner - Jetbike, Singing Spear. The Spirit Stone of Anath'lan

Troop1: 5 Dire Avengers
Troop2: 5 Dire Avengers
Troop3: 10 Guardian Defenders (Transport3)
Troop4: 10 Guardian Defenders (Transport4)
Troop5: 3 Windriders - Scatter Lasers

Elite1: 5 Fire Dragons (Transport1)
Elite2: 5 Striking Scorpions (Transport2)

Fast1: Crimson Hunter Exarch
Fast2: Hornet - Pulse Laser
Fast3: Hornet - Pulse Laser

Heavy1: Falcon – Scatter Laser
Heavy2: Falcon – Scatter Laser

Transport1: Wave Serpent – Twin Linked Scatter Laser
Transport2: Wave Serpent – Twin Linked Scatter Laser
Transport3: Wave Serpent – Twin Linked Scatter Laser
Transport4: Wave Serpent – Twin Linked Scatter Laser

Total: [1831]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18