Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Caledonian Revolutions 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Yeah I think I've made the right choice. Taking Zandrekh to change his trait to fearless should make them very tough to remove. I'm just slightly worried about mishaps when I shunt as it's quite a big footprint and there's a LOT of points tied up in one unit. Glad I took deathmarks in the end too as I don't really have anything else to kill a wraith knight. Will also be handy against drop pod marines Smile

Can't wait to play now!!
I submitted my list at the beginning of last week. No changes apart from the extra warrior as I'm happy with how the list plays. Just need to practice and try out some tricks. Such as seeing if reserving the tyrant is a good idea against drop pods and how many stealers to outflank instead of infiltrate. Just need to finish painting the last few models and get the bases done on everything :/

PLAYER: William Francis

ALLIANCE LEVEL: BATTLE BROTHERS

COMBINED ARMS DETACHMENT: Tyranids

HQ1: Hive Tyrant(165); Twin linked Devourer with Brainleech worms(15); Twin Linked Devourer With Brainleech worms(15) Wings(35); electroshock grubs(10) = [240] [WARLORD]

ELITE1: 3 Lictors = [150]
ELITE2: Venomthrope = [45]
ELITE3: 3 Zoanthropes = [150]

TROOP1: 5 Genestealers = [70]
TROOP2: 5 Genestealers = [70]
TROOP3: 5 Genestealers = [70]
TROOP4: 5 Genestealers = [70]

HS1: Carnifex(120); Twin linked Devourer with Brainleech worms(15); Twin linked Devourer with Brainleech worms(15) = [150]
HS2: Carnifex(120); Twin linked Devourer with Brainleech worms(15); Twin linked Devourer with Brainleech worms(15) = [150]
HS3: Mawlock = [140]

Total = [1305]

FORMATION: Endless Swarm; (Dataslate: Tyranid Onslaught - Rising Leviathan II)

TROOP1: 4 Tyranid Warriors (120); Venom cannon (10); 1 X Rending claws (5) = [135]
TROOP2: 20 Hormagaunts = [100]
TROOP3: 15 Hormagaunts = [75]
TROOP4: 15 Hormagaunts = [75]
TROOP5: 15 Termagants = [60]
TROOP6: 15 Termagants = [60]
TROOP7: 10 Termagants; 2 Spinefists (0) = [40]

Total = [545]

Army Total = [1850]
Looks awesome will! Sooooooo many models lol
(25-06-2015, 10:16 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]Cool, what does Baharroth do Rob?

Baharroth gives me hit and run and a 2+ save to tank some hits on if needed. Also has a Power Weapon so helps when killing MEQs. Which are likely to be popular!
(25-06-2015, 10:27 AM)Nick1988 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I think I've made the right choice. Taking Zandrekh to change his trait to fearless should make them very tough to remove. I'm just slightly worried about mishaps when I shunt as it's quite a big footprint and there's a LOT of points tied up in one unit. Glad I took deathmarks in the end too as I don't really have anything else to kill a wraith knight. Will also be handy against drop pod marines Smile

Can't wait to play now!!

I think so as well mate! The list looks very solid and as answers to everything! Big Grin
Just submitted mine too...

PLAYER: Jason James

ALLIANCE LEVEL: Battle Brothers

COMBINED ARMS DETACHMENT: Eldar Craftworlds

HQ1: 1 Autarch (70) - Fusion Gun (10), Scorpion Chainsword (3) [83] [WARLORD]
HQ2: 1 Farseer (100) - Singing Spear [5] [105]

Troop1: 5 Dire Avengers [65]
Troop2: 10 Guardian Defenders (90) - Heavy Weapon Platform with Shuriken Cannon (15) [105] (Transport1)
Troop3: 10 Guardian Defenders (90) - Heavy Weapon Platform with Shuriken Cannon (15) [105] (Transport2)

FA1: 1 Crimson Hunter (140) Exarch (20) [160]
FA2: 1 Hornet (70) - 2x Pulse Lasers (2x5) [80]
FA3: 3 Vypers (120) - 6x Shuriken Cannons (3x0+3x10) [150]

HS1: 1 Falcon (125) – Scatter Laser (0) [125]
HS2: 1 Falcon (125) – Scatter Laser (0) [125]

Transport1: Wave Serpent (110) – Twin Linked Scatter Laser (5) [115]
Transport2: Wave Serpent (110) – Twin Linked Scatter Laser (5) [115]

Total: 1,333 points

Formation Detachment: Eldar Craftworlds Aspect Host (+1 BS)

Troop4: 5 Dire Avengers (65) including Exarch (10) [75]
Elite1: 5 Fire Dragons (110) including Exarch (10) with Firepike (15) [135] (Transport3)
Elite2: 5 Howling Banshees (65) including Exarch (10) [75] (Transport4)

Transport3: Wave Serpent (110) – Twin Linked Bight Lance (5) [115]
Transport4: Wave Serpent (110) – Twin Linked Scatter Laser (5) [115]

Total: 515 points

Army Total: 1,848 points
There is now 2 places to be filled if anyone fancies it!! Few ppl have dropped out!!
So there's just over two weeks to go till cally. Looks like the meta is going to be seer councils (hence rob has taken one! Boooooring :p haha only joking), scarab farms (what I would have taken if I had more scarabs), and drop pod marines. Not a clue how to beat any of them really although if be most comfortable against marines purely because I know what they are capable of and their weaknesses. Anyone got any thoughts on how to beat the other two?

Rob I'd love you to share the seer councils weaknesses as currently I can't see myself even removing a model if they get re roll saves Confused
Seer council weaknesses.. well it relies on powers, so if I don't roll Invis.. (I have 13 shots at it and re-rolling duplicates) the worst its been so far is the second Farseer before getting it, Eldrad has a 88% IIRC, with 4 rolls. Thats the first hurdle.

Lack of anti-tank, I can roll Vortex, Cleansing Flame and Eldrich Storm, but 3 Spears and a Haywire grenade are a bit light.. the rest of my army also has little in the way of anti-tank. I should have dropped a few Scatter Lasers for more Spears.

Go for the rest of the army, the Seer Council once buffed is hard to kill... you need a lot of AP2 attacks in combat/shooting to kill the Council and twin linked.. so you can actually get through Invis. The rest of the army is a bit squishy.. but super fast.

Play the mission... I'm going to be rolling on the Maelstrom table, as this army sucks sooo bad at it, the Seer Council needs to get close to do damage so it can be hard to stay on objectives and the rest of the army wants to be hiding/staying out of range.

Thats about it..
As for beating the other armies..

Seer Councils are tough, but Scatter Bike armies will be most popular I suspect, Scatter Bikes lists are actually quite flimsy once you get into range of them and if you can make them jink/force LD check I would move to the next unit.

Podding Marines are going to be hard to shift for anyone not Obsec.. Demi Companies give them all obsec IIRC and with free Pods/Razorbacks/Rhinos as well.. these are going to rule the missions.. but I don't think the damage output will be that bad and they are only Marines at the end of the day.. Like Nick said, well all know what Marines can do.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18