Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Caledonian Revolutions 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
I'm in the same boat as Chris with an army that cannot hurt FMCs much, I'm going to concentrate on killing those ground targets. Tough draw tho, my aim is 5pts... Any thing else is a bonus
JJ you have to concentrate on the rest of his list, the Cent star will be Invisible from Loth, so hard to hit, but the Dreadknights, Pods and Marines will be fairly easy pickings. I would utilise reserves, he has to land 2 Pods turn1, most likely Melta Tacticals and Cents, he cannot fit the Cents and the characters in one pod, so they will have to land close so you can out manoeuvre him. Its a nasty alpha strike, but after that you can outrange him for the most part.(Draigo has gate for the cents.. so save you're power dice to stop that to kill his mobility) I would reserve the AP2 fire power of the Falcons and Hornets, keep the units embarked in the transports so he cannot table you turn1 and spread out to the max.

Will: Genes list is okay, but you have a good chance, the Hive Tyrant is key, once its in the air he cannot really touch it, you can bubble wrap it turn1 to keep Gene from getting into Melta range, the flamers will hurt, but you can win the war of attrition by assaulting lots of his army turn1/2 when he lands, his Alpha strike is largely neutralised by your numbers. Cover is pretty key for you to help against those bolter hits.

Smile
(16-07-2015, 03:49 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: [ -> ]I really fancy your chances Smile

Thanks for the vote of confidence!
Oh dear. Gotta hope there's a sky fire nexus or two, otherwise it's 6 to hit and 6 to wound with limited shooting! May have to reserve stuff and just try and survive on objectives.
(16-07-2015, 06:54 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]Oh dear. Gotta hope there's a sky fire nexus or two, otherwise it's 6 to hit and 6 to wound with limited shooting! May have to reserve stuff and just try and survive on objectives.

I'm pretty sure I've played the same guy with this list at the gt! I actually managed a slim win if I remember rightly Confused I put all the objectives I could in the centre of the board and moved everything forward. The big argument is go first or second? If you go second you will be guaranteed a turn of shooting/assaulting the flyers as they need to land to claim objectives. Going first does allow you a turn of shooting before they take off but obviously you can't charge. I'd go second if I had the choice!
Second turn all the way, shooting won't hurt that much, you need that last turn objective grab! Smile once they land the warscyhes will chop up the hive tyrants
Thanks for the tips guys, will be an 'interesting' game I think. Will just hope to kill his gargoyles off quickly then force him to ground a fmc to claim any objectives. May try and do some research cos no idea what the harpy or the hive crone actually do!
Ok so harpy and hive crone are only t5 with 4+ save so not too bad! don't like the template attack vs my warriors and vector strikes and haywire missiles are nasty vs my ghost arks but not as terrifying as I thought.

Only got my 8 lychguard to finish now and I'm done with the painting, should get that done tonight.
Have you guys seen Joel hume's list - 26 models in total! Wolf guard and iron priests on wolves and libbies on bikes.
Haha yeah I love it!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18