Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Caledonian Revolutions 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Thanks for the tips Rob! Think against fast armies I will just have to sit on objectives, hopefully I am durable enough to withstand the drop pod armies and no idea what to do against scarab farms having never faced one. I am a bit worried about wraith knights, just gotta hope I can take one out with the war scythes but I may need to get lucky before getting stomped!
No worries Chris,

hows the preparations going for Cally, I have about 8 games with the Seer Council now. Won a few and lost a few lol, still a steep learning curve.

Scarab Farms are a tough one, they are intimidating, they act much like the Beastpack once they are up and running which will take a turn or two... once they get to a good number, they move out and assault anything they can, with entropic strike they can wound anything in the game and this is where the beastpack similarity starts they have tons of attacks but are unlikely to do much as they have no AP and are str3.. so its a lot of dice for a handful of wounds at the end. They are hard to chew through unless you're str6+ or have a D/Stomp.

You have a couple of choices, kill the rest of the army, which will be hard, kill the Spyders to stop the farm from growing or kill the scarabs, they have to have an initial unit to spawn into. To really hurt the Scarabs its all about killing that Canoptek Spyder to stop RPs.

Wraithknights... they will be scared to charge a full Lychguard unit... AP2 still hurts even with 5+inv (if they for some reason didn't take Wraithcannons???) and FnP. Lychguard are str7? with Scythes? So hitting on 4's and wounding on 5s you're going to cause a few wounds before stomps. Stomps are all about the 6... otherwise its not THAT bad.. helps against horde units that are trying to bog them down tho. Plus you have to watch you don't get close I used a Stomp to kill a Ghostark that was close to the combat... Wink
Ok against scarab farms I will probably veil both units of lychguard across the board to get a turn 2 charge then, the s7 war scythes should make short work of them. Will make sure I keep the ghost arks out of stomp range! Focusing on getting the force ready, converted the doomsday ark I had into a ghost ark (had to get the hacksaw out ) and got some weapon swaps to do plus painting quite a few models - but necrons are easy to paint.
I bought my extra stuff today too. The necron battleforce will give me enough bits for 10 deathmarks and a ghost ark. Get some extra scarabs too which is always handy. Had to buy two boxes of lychguard tho Sad couldn't find any way around it!
I don't have 2 models made and painted.. some a sprayed and some are still not stripped haha.
Late night Friday then? Lol
Just done a bit of an audit of my Eldar force to see what's left to do. Not looking too bad. Some detailing to do on some of the tanks. Some flashy paint jobs for the Exarchs so I can pick them out, some unit markings, basing and just touch ups.

The main things I need to get done are getting my new unit of Fire Dragons and Autarch painted.
(05-07-2015, 08:30 AM)Embolden Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have 2 models made and painted.. some a sprayed and some are still not stripped haha.

Never again! That was crazy haha.

I'm going to get them finished this week/early next week Big Grin
Hopefully all my stuff will arrive tomorrow n I've already pulled out of football and the pub quiz Wednesday/Thursday to build them haha.
Haha, thats dedication!

I'm hoping to get a painting session in tonight/tomorrow and get most of the army done.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18