Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Caledonian Revolutions 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
All the best with the tournament this weekend chaps!
The alarm has just gone off for myself and Nick get to ready for the treck to Stockport!

Last nights practice game vs nick went well for me! 17-3 win!
(18-07-2015, 07:01 AM)Embolden Wrote: [ -> ]The alarm has just gone off for myself and Nick get to ready for the treck to Stockport!

Last nights practice game vs nick went well for me! 17-3 win!

Hope you dont get stuck on the motorway like me and JJ yesterday. Five hours to do a two hour journey! Made it just in time for the open mini tournament. I lost all three games 16-4 vs some centurians and a mini bike star, 11-9 vs a baneblade and friends, and 11-9 vs khorne beserkers, a land raider and vindicator. For a place in the middle field, not to bad for a tyranid army without a flyrant. Had some fun drank some beers. JJ even won a prize!
Looking forward to today!!
Yeah....wooden spoon for being last in the open. 3 losses. 20-0 vs some Eldar scatter bikes, Wraithknight and hornet squadron, 20-3 against some space wolves with a legion fellblade super heavy, then an 11-9 win vs imperial guard with a Baneblade. (Fire Dragons made short work of that!)
So game one went perfectly!! 20-0 win. Game two went almost as well (despite him having a 490pt lynx) 20-0. Game three I got my ass handed to me when a single stomp from a wraith knight reminded 600+ pts worth of models haha. Overall I'm pretty happy with how the days gone despite having the title made into an impossible task. Target is top 5 now!! Smile
Morning all,

Game1 vs flying Nids went as expected.. 20-0 loss. Rolled great powers, but lost the rest of my army by turn4 leaving just the council to try and contest one objective and claim another, they failed.. Going first against this list sucks for me and I made a big mistake by not deploying the council.

Game2 vs Astra Militarum, 20-0 Win! I didn't get Invis which is crazy... But what I did have was 4 shrieks and second turn! So deep struck the council turn2 and killed a 30 man blob squad and a command squad. Jetbikes finished of the 3 torox's and The council then shot up the Demolisher wrecking that. I took a few wounds from Vet squads and remnants of vehicles. Then turn3 combi charged a company command, 2x vet squads and the second Demolisher wrecking and chasing down everything.. My opponent had his turn and called it turn 3 or 4.

Game3 was a horrible list, decurion with additional an tomb blade squad, then 4 canoptek harvests.. 18 wraiths (2x5 and 2x4) 12 scarabs (4x3) and 4 Canoptek Spyders. I won 12-8.. Was super hard to get anywhere as the council did get Invis but failed to get Fortune so was a gamble as they held up 14 wraiths for 9 combat phases eventually going through them and the Scarabs and the Tomb Spyders! The rest of my list supported and did well as a single Jetbike contested his emperors will objective and the council cleared my objective turn5 meaning I won narrowly 12-8.

Game4 I have a Demi Company with a stupid amount of obsec units...
I won 15-5, Demi company just bleeds kill points! And grabbed the Relic with the council and it was never seen again... (Haha, Invis joke..)
Had an awesome weekend. Came 56th which I am happy enough with. Might have placed higher due to a mistake scoring in the last game missing a TP off due to forgetting fast attack score extra in the scouring.

Quick breakdown

game one vs flesh tearers I lost 7-13. Close game he smashed my left flank with dante and friends while i smashed his right with flyrant dakafexen and shear numbers.

Game two vs eldar I lost 9-11 another close game. Had to fight two warp hunters 3 SBig Grin barrage blasts are scary but the flyrant was amazing and just killed everything. Id lost badly turn five and six but the game went onto turn seven and he kept feeding me bikes so i was able to claw some kill points back.

Game three Vs Tau I won 11-9 there where three riptides! Turns out 90 gaunts work really well against riptides. Game ended turn five had it gone on I think id have done a lot
Game for Vs Tyranids lost 2-18 There where four Flyrants against me. I think Id have stood a chance had my qarlord not failed 4 out of 6 2+ cover saves turn two. Once he was gone joe was able to pick my synpase apart and kill gaunt after gaunt unit for max kill points and was able to land and steal the relic turn seven.

Game five vs eldar I won 12-8 his list was designed to kill tanks i had none. We ran out of time but i think if the game had gone onto turn six (it should have) I would have been able to get a 20-0 as I had locked everything down and the dakafexen where in range to start smashing face. We made a mistake with the score so only recorded it as a 11-9 but im not gonna complain a victory is a victory Big Grin

Definatly want to do another tournament now.
Glad you had a lot of fun will and it was nice to meet you! Looking forward to seeing you at an event sometime soon!

My game5 was a non event... I tabled him turn1, he made a mistake not hiding a lone model... But I was against Harlequins! 20-0 and max points! My second tabling win!

Finished 15th on 67 TPs and 146vps!! and also noticed 4th on the VP chart lol!

I enjoyed representing Team Red War Soc! Looking forward to the next event soon!
Had a good time at Caledonian, although next time I think I need to make sure I can do something against centurion death stars cos I faced two and it wasn't pretty...

Game 1: I was facing 8 flying tyranids beasties, 4 Dakka flyrants, 2 hive crones, 2 harpies, then 3 units of gargoyles who could come back on a 4+. I lost 7 - 13 turn five. Made a big mistake as I wasn't switched on last turn and forgot to move one unit who would have contested an obj and forgot to run another unit which would prob have stopped his flyrants getting near to contest. Think it could have been at least a draw...anyway...

Game 2: vs the battle company of white scars that Rob beat, I drew 10 - 10, which I was actually really happy with. This was my favourite game of the weekend. I was stupid and gave him 1st turn when I should have gone first - he dropped a grav unit and killed my spyder before RP was up and shot up one of my lychguard who ran, then failed to rally and ran off the board. I went defensive and clawed my way back on Kill points - he had 3 obj. To my 1 at game end.

Game 3: the first cent star list, lost 4 - 16. I managed to charge the death star since they failed gate, with 6 wraiths, 5 lychguard, a cryptek and an overlord. He had invis on and a 4+ inv. so I did 0 wounds, my lychees ran and then he gated away from my wraiths. After that it was game over really, managed to cling on till end of turn 6 with 1 of the 2 obj, and only a scarab and the spyder still alive.

Game 4: I won a game! 20 - 0 vs imperial guard gun line list with lots of artillery. This went perfectly really, veiled both lychguard units turn 1 and proceeded to obliterate the enemy lines with them and the wraiths. He had a Valkyrie flying round at the end of the game and I had the relic and most of my army intact. Was a bit one sided but quite good fun (for me Angel )

Game 5: second cent star, I lost 0 - 20. Turn 1, he gated, made lychguard squad run away. My turn 1, they ran off the board. I veiled other unit across the table to seize an obj, they scattered onto a strike squad, mishapped, I rolled a one, oops. So I had lost 4 hq and both lychguard. I struggled on till turn4 where I conceded as I had no hope. Realised after that that meant I did not score any VPs for the game so I should have played on but didn't really matter by this stage.

Finished 57th I think on 41 tournament points. Bit worse than normal but only just. Still, enjoyed the weekend and looking forward to the next one!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18