Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: 500 Pt escalation Campaign
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Is it too late to sign up for this?
(23-02-2015, 02:05 PM)CheZZoR Wrote: [ -> ]Is it too late to sign up for this?
Nope, you should even up the sides. Smile

What army are you running?

Also currently writing campaign pack should hopefully have it up by end of week .Smile
I'll be bringing the Dark Angels. I'll get a list to you in the next few days
Right then, at 8 a side we are looking steady for this.

I'm in the middle of writing up the scenario for the first two games as well as campaign pack. The campaign main missions will be once a month, a good versus evil type of setting. This is to allow people to get regular games in and play other systems. Smile

You are of course free to play others in the non campaign weeks with your campaign lists, against anyone (i know i will be Smile ) but during the campaign games it will be a generic imperial versus everyone else as it is easier to forge a narrative storyline.

If anyone does have ideas for missions hit me with a PM.
Also down to last three outstanding lists, cheers for getting them in and making changes where needed guys. Smile

PM'ing the other two guys to give a gentle nudge (will give you a bit of time Terry as only joined campaign today Tongue)
I have a copy of Battle Missions. http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Battle_Missions Should translate into 7th fine.
(18-02-2015, 12:32 PM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]They have to be CAD's and codex Detachments yes, no unbound or formations.

And new page, so edit in info-
(02-02-2015, 10:27 AM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]Summary/update so far-
500pts starting point.
Must fill out mandatory slots in your CAD (ie HQ, 2 Troops).
No allies.
Only one OF EACH unit from each slot bar troops. (ie 2 HQ, 3 Elites, 3 Fast attack, 3 Heavy support) but no repeats. So no triple riptide, only one allowed, then crisis suits then stealth suits etc.
2 of each Dedicated transport allowed max. For Eldar, falcons can be taken as dedicated transports
2 Flyer/FMC max. No swooping/flying until 1250Pts for both.
Whatever unit you choose must stay in you army,the only thing that can be changed is upgrades at month end when you gain your 250 points.
Low Allowed
No Super Heavies
Losing 3 games in a row increase your point allowance to 300 for next month.
Invisibility nerf in effect
Chaos only can summon, 1 unit max per turn.
Maybe something to stop certain MC's
No AV14 till 1250 Pts has been reached?
4' x 4' till 1000 Pts, 6' x 4' for 1250Pts plus

Missed anything?

Players so far
Thom - Dark Angels
Tom - Dark Angels
Terry - Dark Angels
Kev - Space Wolves
Vince - Blood Angels
Baal Dave - Blood Angels
Dave - Sisters of battle
Matt - Imperial Guard

Dan E - Tyranids
Will - Tyranids
Dann B - Necrons
Arif - Tau
Chris - Dark Eldar
JJ - Eldar
Dan - Eldar
Alan - Chaos

Anyone i have missed?
Currently have 14 by my calculations if all the above is correct, split into two groups roughly according to forces .

Lol please see above people. To clarify, you can have 2 HQ, 3 FA, Elite and Heavy, just no repeats. This isn't designed to be a competitive free for all, just a fun campaign. I thought it was clear but will tidy it up as maybe it wasn't then Big Grin
You can also have vehicle squadrons (ie buy one Landspeeder, then upgrade to add extra 1 etc and counts as a single unit)

Please drop lists here

Looking to really start organising this next week, so if any more drop outs/joiners please let me know ASAP so i know what is going on. Smile

Just about to do a massive update on lists so any outstanding ones would be nice to have in please. Big Grin

Edit - Also couple of issues with a couple of lists (Dave's sisters which he is changing,Thom is over by 1 Pt)

Just bumping this across to new page, Sam's had to pull out but think Arif wanted to partake, so we should still be at 16.

Also had all list in now bar Arif's, just about to update the list thread.
How is the map going vince and could we potentially split into three groups to make it more interesting?
I have sorted my planetary empires out, so maps good. Smile

Going to be hard to split into 3 groups due to the amount of imperial players and 16 doesn't divide by 3. Sad

What i'd suggest to keep it interesting is that while narrative campaign games that are once a month are good vs evil (so to speak), playing people outside of these games with list is okay.

Or maybe have it so the narrative once a month games are as above, but you can play against anyone for map pieces during the month (representing internal power struggles, training exercises, scout missions etc etc)?
Been thinking about the above and thought the below example might be interesting way to run missions for map pieces?-

Standard deployment, objective in each deployment zone and one in centre of board. Normal victory points (1 VP for each objective, slay the warlord, line breaker, first blood)
Attacker rolls a D6 at start of game, below worth 2 VP's
1 - Assassination (Slay warlord)
2 - Data secured (Hold opponents objective)
3 - Destroy the relay (destroy the opponents objective in Close combat, AV10 3 HP)
4 - Take that position (Line Breaker)
5 - Secure the centre ground (hold centre objective)
6 - Take no prisoners (get first blood)
Defender rolls a D6 at start of game, below worth 2 VP's
1 - Hold your ground (prevent linebreaker)
2 - Hold it any costs (hold your objective)
3 - Reinforce our position (Hold piece of terrain in your deployment zone)
4 - Push forward (hold centre objective)
5 - ?
6 - ?

Thoughts?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31