Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: 500 Pt escalation Campaign
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
(10-02-2015, 03:03 PM)Dedwoods42 Wrote: [ -> ]Aye. More balance between Detachments :-)
Chaos don't have any option other than CAD at the minute so I'll be running that tonight - but in the league Hive Fleet will do me. 1 extra HQ, 3 extra Troops and re-roll Instinctive Behaviour (+ fluff) at the cost of an extra mandatory Troops choice and no ObSec.

And you have to use the levitation warlord traits, which whilst better than the codex ones are still worse than the rulebook ones Sad

Obj secured is just too usefull for how I play so I will stick to the rulebook CAD.
(10-02-2015, 05:59 PM)will Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2015, 03:03 PM)Dedwoods42 Wrote: [ -> ]Aye. More balance between Detachments :-)
Chaos don't have any option other than CAD at the minute so I'll be running that tonight - but in the league Hive Fleet will do me. 1 extra HQ, 3 extra Troops and re-roll Instinctive Behaviour (+ fluff) at the cost of an extra mandatory Troops choice and no ObSec.

And you have to use the levitation warlord traits, which whilst better than the codex ones are still worse than the rulebook ones Sad

Obj secured is just too usefull for how I play so I will stick to the rulebook CAD.

This is very true - I'll need all 9 troop slots later down the line though :-P That and I think my playstyle will rely less on ObSec, but we'll see how that plays out!
Im dropping out of this, the last 22 pages of trying to work out how to balance a game have made me remember why i stopped playing 40k.

(this is not a dig at anyone in particular i will add, its purely the nature of 40k)
(11-02-2015, 09:46 AM)Simian Wrote: [ -> ]Im dropping out of this, the last 22 pages of trying to work out how to balance a game have made me remember why i stopped playing 40k.

(this is not a dig at anyone in particular i will add, its purely the nature of 40k)
Ah, fair enough, will take you off the list. Smile

On another note, i'm positive i will be sticking to a CAD now, Obj sec will be to vital to my play style/list not to.

Cheers for the games last night Dan and Paul, think the table size was bang on and that restrictions in place are the right way to go.

Only thing i'd comment on was lack of terrain (definitely LoS blocking) on the two Dan's table, meaning when we switched tables it was pretty easy for me to kill your guys.

How did your game against each other go, would you agree on terrain comment?

PS its not a criticism, you guys are getting back into 40K and might not be something you even thought of. Smile
(11-02-2015, 11:55 AM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers for the games last night Dan and Paul, think the table size was bang on and that restrictions in place are the right way to go.

Only thing i'd comment on was lack of terrain (definitely LoS blocking) on the two Dan's table, meaning when we switched tables it was pretty easy for me to kill your guys.

How did your game against each other go, would you agree on terrain comment?

PS its not a criticism, you guys are getting back into 40K and might not be something you even thought of. Smile

I would love to see more Los blocking terrain in general used in 40k. If the table is too open it is just a shooting match between two shooty armies or the assault army is at a disadvantage.
(11-02-2015, 01:36 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to see more Los blocking terrain in general used in 40k. If the table is too open it is just a shooting match between two shooty armies or the assault army is at a disadvantage.
Yeah i am quite fond of LoS blocking terrain, why i like my big ruined factory. Adds a lot of tactical thinking to the game, rather than just who has the most shots/best shots.

Hoping to get some more amera stuff and finish off my Deadzone bits to add to the club at some point.
Aye, I agree with that - more terrain would have made more sense. At some point I'll get my trolltrader buildings and catwalks built and introduce them.

Restrictions worked - games were good fun, good to get back into it. My 18 month losing streak can't go on forever :-P
(11-02-2015, 02:25 PM)Dedwoods42 Wrote: [ -> ]Aye, I agree with that - more terrain would have made more sense. At some point I'll get my trolltrader buildings and catwalks built and introduce them.

Restrictions worked - games were good fun, good to get back into it. My 18 month losing streak can't go on forever :-P
Lol, as i say the game was against you in that there wasn't enough terrain for your squishy cultists to hide in, so they died to angelus bolters very easy. With my 2+ i could afford to drop where i liked and be confident of absorbing fire(damn those two sang guard dying to dangerous terrain checks, four double ones + failed FnP = Sad panda lol)

Just a shame it was a rushed game as never had chance to have a chat about the game, tactics and such after. Sad
Is there room for one more Eldar force to join in?
(11-02-2015, 08:24 PM)nothin_but_the_rain Wrote: [ -> ]Is there room for one more Eldar force to join in?

Will add you onto list Dan. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31