Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: 500 Pt escalation Campaign
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Sounds good to me!

I'll try both out and see which I prefer.

My plan is to have a screen of Gargoyles in front that can glance on rear armour if they make it into combat - potentially move the malathrope in behind too to provide Shrouded for 3+ cover with the Gargoyles in front.
(30-01-2015, 03:00 PM)Dedwoods42 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds good to me!

My plan is to have a screen of Gargoyles in front that can glance on rear armour if they make it into combat - potentially move the malathrope in behind too to provide Shrouded for 3+ cover with the Gargoyles in front.

Sounds a solid plan, makes the player think about shooting the nasty Tyrant or the hordes of Gargoyles.

But don't forget, its not all about Serpent Wink
(30-01-2015, 02:15 PM)Dedwoods42 Wrote: [ -> ]A pair of MoN Oblits in cover - especially with some cultists stood in front of them - have got a solid chance of crippling if not destroying one. Two may be a problem... High S weapon options (Lascannons, Melta) are pretty much pointless as Serpent Shield will just negate pens. Assault Cannons, on the other hand... 8 S6 Rending shots are glance-central - exactly what you want Smile If needs be the Oblit Power Fists will be a solid chance to knock off a HP or two in desperation.
Another plan is DS the Oblits behind it, AC the living daylights out of rear armour then the Serpent/s need to turn around and expose rear armour to the rest of your army to shoot back or face getting melta/plasma'd next turn Smile

Are you using the old Chaos codex?
I'm pretty sure Oblits can only use energy weapons in the current game so no multishot options.
Also pretty sure standing behind your own cultists only will give the eldar a free cover save while not giving you own Oblits any benefits?

DS'ing behind them and meltaing their rear armour is a good idea, probably the best chance for a 50/50 chance of a Pen result that may give a wrecked result!
(30-01-2015, 03:15 PM)Embolden Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-01-2015, 03:00 PM)Dedwoods42 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds good to me!

Sounds a solid plan, makes the player think about shooting the nasty Tyrant or the hordes of Gargoyles.

But don't forget, its not all about Serpent Wink

Very true - but there are Devigants (Maybe Rippers instead), a pair of Mucolid Spores and a Malanthrope to deal with too, for objective snatching and invantry murder. Malanthropes are challenge tankers too Big Grin
i will eventually have one serpent i suspect, i do fire it occasionally. my eldar are mainly on foot running around in circles getting shot.
(30-01-2015, 03:24 PM)aprilmanha Wrote: [ -> ]Also pretty sure standing behind your own cultists only will give the eldar a free cover save while not giving you own Oblits any benefits?
Nope you can shoot through your units with no penalty, but if you are behind a unit of yours you get a cover save (5+ i believe), you've got it wrong way round. Smile
(30-01-2015, 03:37 PM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-01-2015, 03:24 PM)aprilmanha Wrote: [ -> ]Also pretty sure standing behind your own cultists only will give the eldar a free cover save while not giving you own Oblits any benefits?
Nope you can shoot through your units with no penalty, but if you are behind a unit of yours you get a cover save (5+ i believe), you've got it wrong way round. Smile

Sorry bud, page38, firing through units (even friendly ones) will grant a cover save if the enemy is 25% obscured.

Also - no point in oblits being in cover as they have 2+/5+ save IIRC (defo 2+ not sure on inv)
And looking at CSM codex now-
Obliterator Weapons: In each o f your Shooting phases, you
must choose what weapon the Obliterators in the unit will
fire from the following list:
• Assault cannon • Plasma cannon
• Heavy flamer * Twin-linked (lamer
• Lascannon • Twin-linked meltagun
• Multi-melta • Twin-linked plasma gun

Every Obliterator in the unit must fire the same weapon. An
Obliterator unit cannot choose to fire the same weapon in
two of your consecutive Shooting phases.
Quote:Are you using the old Chaos codex?
I'm pretty sure Oblits can only use energy weapons in the current game so no multishot options.
Also pretty sure standing behind your own cultists only will give the eldar a free cover save while not giving you own Oblits any benefits?

DS'ing behind them and meltaing their rear armour is a good idea, probably the best chance for a 50/50 chance of a Pen result that may give a wrecked result!

They can indeed, most recent Codex. Assault Cannons, Lascannons, Heavy Flamers, TL Flamers, Plasma Cannons, TL Plasmaguns, Multi-Melta, TL Meltagun Smile I believe they're the only thing in our codex that can take them, and the only reason the profile for ACs is even in the book Smile
(30-01-2015, 03:41 PM)Embolden Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-01-2015, 03:37 PM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry bud, page38, firing through units (even friendly ones) will grant a cover save i the enemy is 25% obscured.

Also - no point in oblits being in cover as they have 2+/5+ save IIRC (defo 2+ not sure on inv)

Oops should've checked book first lol Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31