Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: 500 Pt escalation Campaign
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
So for Clarity if it looks similar to this-
[Image: focpic.PNG]
Is ok
as is this-
[img] i.imgur.com/EHEWloK.jpg?1[/img]
No Formations though so Decurion wouldn't be legal. Make sense/clear confusion?

Are other people happy to allow Alternative detachments (Tongue at Dan) that follow/look like the basic CAD?

Reason i ask is all of the older 6th edition Codices don't have access to alternatives, and they give free special rules and FOC altering hi-jinks.
I'm happy now Big Grin Aye, Decurion also can't fit into 500 points so is straight out.
The other side of the 'free' rules is that all of the Alternative Detachments I've seen lose Objective Secured as a result, so it's swings and roundabouts I guess.
(10-02-2015, 01:36 PM)Dedwoods42 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm happy now Big Grin Aye, Decurion also can't fit into 500 points so is straight out.
The other side of the 'free' rules is that all of the Alternative Detachments I've seen lose Objective Secured as a result, so it's swings and roundabouts I guess.
Blood angel one doesn't seem to? Huh
Quote:BAAL STRIKE FORCE

Codex: Blood Angels details a unique Detachment – the Baal Strike Force – that reflects a typical Blood Angels Formation despatched to fight any of the Emperor’s wars waging across the galaxy. This follows all the Detachment rules presented in Warhammer 40,000: The Rules.

RESTRICTIONS

All units in this Detachment must have the Blood Angels Faction (or be fortifications).

COMMAND BENEFITS

The Angel’s Virtue: If this Detachment is chosen as your Primary Detachment, you can re-roll the result when rolling on the Warlord Traits table in Codex: Blood Angels.

The Red Thirst: In a turn in which a model from this Formation charges into combat, the model adds 1 to its Initiative characteristic until the end of the Assault phase. A model that has made a disordered charge that turn receives no benefit from the The Red Thirst.
Or am i missing something in the rulebook (one in my dropbox not workingSad )?
Objective Secured is a command benefit and isn't listed :-)
Ah right, makes sense now lol.
Cool. So my Baal strikeforce is Campaign legal.
(10-02-2015, 02:25 PM)Baalborn87 Wrote: [ -> ]Cool. So my Baal strikeforce is Campaign legal.

Of course, it uses the normal FOC and has 1xHQ and 2XTroops as standard.
Vince, just upload my 500pt list, can you just check I have got the FOC and campaign limitations correct.
(10-02-2015, 02:39 PM)wako13 Wrote: [ -> ]Vince, just upload my 500pt list, can you just check I have got the FOC and campaign limitations correct.
Will do. Smile

On the above, got to say i like the fact that the CAD has obj Sec and other Detachments (Tongue) haven't.

Haven't really looked into it before as didn't apply to my army lol.

Means the choice is more important, i was tempted by Baal strike force but now not sure, Obj sec can be vital. Do i give up obj sec for an extra elite and +1I?

Gonna try both tonight i think, and see what i think.
Aye. More balance between Detachments :-)
Chaos don't have any option other than CAD at the minute so I'll be running that tonight - but in the league Hive Fleet will do me. 1 extra HQ, 3 extra Troops and re-roll Instinctive Behaviour (+ fluff) at the cost of an extra mandatory Troops choice and no ObSec.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31