Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Caledonian 2014 40k Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Quote:Liber Heresius
First laid down during the Age of Apostasy, this tome has grown to contain the wisdom
of thousands of Ordo Hereticus Inquisitors. By properly interrogating its pages, the
reader can glean sufficient wisdom to predict and counter the strategies of renegades
and traitors before their ruinous schemes come to fruition. Over the course of centuries,
the Liber Heresius has become incredibly unwieldy, as each new wielder scribbles his
own notes into its broad margins.
At the start of any friendly turn, the bearer can take a Leadership test. If the test is failed,
nothing happens, but if the test if passed, choose one of the special rules from the list
below. The bearer of the Liber Heresius, and his unit, gain that special rule until the start
of their next turn. The same special rule cannot be gained in this way more than once per
game – you must choose a different special rule each time.
Scouts*
Split-fire
Counter-attack
Fear
Hatred
* Instead of being made at the start of a friendly turn, the Leadership test to use this
special rule is made after deployment, but before the first turn begins.

Too nice to you i know Tongue

Have codex inquistion in my dropbox if you haven't got it already
Ahhh good old Chris Choy! Cheating mofo! Haha
(13-01-2014, 05:16 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: [ -> ]Ahhh good old Chris Choy! Cheating mofo! Haha
Lol, i heard the stories from Rob! Tongue
Cheers mate, have codex already, just not at work.

Lol think I've said enough on him lol

Lots of lists seem to have liber in, certainly useful.

Been reading through the lists again, this is gonna be an absolute gun fight, so glad I went farsight bomb!!
Yup! I certainly fancy your list over mine! Stupid pre submission lol
Looking at this for BB

Commander Farsight
= 165
3 Commanders [0]
+ O'Vesa [305]
+ Shas'o Sha'vastos [174]
+ Sub-commander Torchstar [154]
= 633

XV104 Riptide [180]
+ early warning override [5]
+ ion accelerator [5]
= 190

3 Farsight Enclaves XV8 Crisis Team [0]
+ Crisis Shas'ui [22]
+ Crisis Shas'ui [22]
= 126
1 Farsight Enclaves XV8 Crisis Team
= 54
1 Farsight Enclaves XV8 Crisis Team
= 66

Chief Librarian Tigurius
= 165

5 Tactical Marines
= 70

4 Devastator Centurions [240]
+ Centurion Sergeant [10]
+ omniscope [10]
+ 2× twin-linked lascannon [40]
+ 2× grav-cannon and grav-amp [40]
+ 4× missile launcher [40]
= 380

1,849 points
Didn't copy properly but u get the idea! All the suits have TL fusion and drones of some sort. Would be a dirty Death Star!!!
Looks nasty mate, I would go for plasma or cheap flamers over fusion, plasma for range or double shot going aggressive.
Mate do you fancy a practice game? I'm free on the 28th?
With the draw pending (around 12 today 5 hours and counting!)

After reading the lists a couple more times this morning and reading each of the Chaos and Daemon codex I feel a bit more prepared... seriously going to be out of my depth against some lists, not really knowing whats going to happen, what my opponents plans are... etc. I'm glad I can plan first!

Some of the lists that really worry me, namely the masses of Riptides, 1 I can deal with, 2 I can take out 1 and really hurt another, 3+ I'm in trouble....

Skyrays are going to be vital in these games, doubling out battle suits is massive, going to rely on these quite heavily throughout the tournament!

I'm also worried about a lot of the Chaos/Daemon lists, I don't know a lot about them... which has me concerned, might be different on the battlefield once I've blown away a couple of units and a Lord or Prince or 2, leaving a few stragglers on the table and a Helldrake in reserve... target priority has to be the fast stuff, then the flamers... Burning Brands of Skalathrix seem popular as do Helldrakes. I'm thinking going first is the best plan, Princes won't have Iron arm or any powers up, no Portaglyph dropped etc etc Again Skyrays crucial in the anti-air war.

But first tonight...

Looking forward to seeing what Nick is planning, going to be a close game or completely one sided depending on the rolling goes turn1!

A few things concern me, the amount of tanking Characters and majority T5 is big on the centurion bomb so this means I have a choice to make, do I go after his Bomb or not? Do I want turn1 or not, both have pros and cons.

I hope we get 2 games in, one where I do and one where I don't (deployment depending etc) going to be good practice as there are 8 Centurion squads, so the same amount of Screamer Councils :p
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25