Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Caledonian 2014 40k Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Better to get them sorted now though than be ruined at the Tournament!

I would keep the Riptide near to the Blob and depending on powers/need jump Buffmander between blob and Tide depending on Situation.

I've found Tides on there own are okay, but with buffmander support massively better.
I missed ur reply Vince. Was thinking of just putting 3 at the back of the board with SMS and rail rifles? Along with the riptide it would give me great board control which would let me move my deathstar right into the centre! Would need some pathfinders or something for markerlight support though right? At £30 a model its kinda pricey to try out but i like the idea (in my head anyway)

For BB im thinking Tau primary with Marine allies (bikesander, bikes and centurions) Most likely white scars! Played around with lists a bit already and i can get a LOT of high strength low AP shots with massive range!
I have three railsides you could try it with if you like?

Definitely need markerlights or something to ignore cover/boost bs as they would suffer without it, Railheads are great at popping light vehicles but suffer without tank hunter i found, being only strength 8 now. Its why the missile sides are in a lot of the competive Tau builds, 3 S8 AP2 shots compared to 12 S7 AP4. Major difference though is obviously range, 60 for railheads ( i think from memory lol ) compared to 36 for missile sides, so you could sit them further backfield.
I might have to take you up on that after cally mate!
Cheers for the game last night Vince, thats a good list you have there and when the Revana gets that 40k stamp of approval its gonna be nasty!

I was using my usual list, Vince was using is league list plus Ravana, a FW Riptide with 2 large blast guns, ap3 str6, if it hits a bulking model the hit counts as double... nova charged it can fire each gun twice!
Yeah, was a close and very good game!

R'varna is a huge points sink though, 260 standard. Mine was 300 pts on the dot (stims and target lock).

Was surprised just how much damage O'vesa and friends could take, i was expecting to lose one model from all the bombs shooting!

Going second and my kroot not coming on until turn 4 was massive as well.

Thought i had lost the game when you made them run but they rallied like troopers, charged an inquistor, punched him in the face and made him run, then consolidated on the objective in what turned out to be the last turn!
(09-01-2014, 08:25 AM)Embolden Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers for the game last night Vince, thats a good list you have there and when the Revana gets that 40k stamp of approval its gonna be nasty!

I was using my usual list, Vince was using is league list plus Ravana, a FW Riptide with 2 large blast guns, ap3 str6, if it hits a bulking model the hit counts as double... nova charged it can fire each gun twice!

Huh... I wrong a whole paragraph that didn't post...?

Lol anyway, basically I went on to say:

I gated forwards turn1 and threw the kitchen sink into the Ovesa, Ravana, Farsight and Buffmander (+4 Missile/Shield Drones and 2 Shield Drones) and when the dust had settled nothing had died... Ravana was on 1 wound and Ovesa had failed 1... using my dice... they betrayed me bad! I did 6 wounds in total.

On average with the Plasma hits on the bomb, I should have done 5 wounds alone :p, I think if the dices had been average I should have caused about 10 wounds, but only scored 6, which meant the bomb hit me at full strength and ripped the bomb a new one, Ravana alone caused 40 str6 ap3 wounds... Ovesa 3 and the missile plus farsight 9... lol luckily my dice where equally hot and at the end of turn1 I had Farsight on 1 wound, 2 double plasma suits, 1 double fusion, Sevrin and gun drones! It was a mess!

But in the end the my bomb beat Vince in combat after killing the Buff Commander, Sevrin Loth killed the lot in about 4 rounds of combat, on turn3 he finished of Ravana and Farsight with 2 hits :p Force Weapon for the win! Tongue

But while this was going on, the other Riptide and Battlesuits killed all my troops by turn5, I was relying on the Inquisitor to hold Vinces last troop unit (5 or 6 kroot) in combat, but couldn't roll below a 8 as he fluffed his moral.. if it went onto turn6 I think I could have killed the Kroot with my remaining Skyray and Inquisitor, plus the remnants of the Bomb, Farsight, Loth and Buff Commander. But alas yet again, beaten by the mission!

Well played Vince top game! Big Grin

Oh and the game ended something like 12-8 or 13/7 to Vince using the Cale scoring :p
Yeah i wish i had been more aggresive with the bomb and charged you, made a massive mistake in the by leaving buffmander to tank wounds which he did in the shoooting, but then got ID by Loth the assualt. If only i didn't roll the one for look out sir....... Tongue

Learnt a lot about the bomb though, like how resilent the bomb can be!
Sounds awesome, I need some practise against these lists for BB5!
(09-01-2014, 10:39 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds awesome, I need some practise against these lists for BB5!

I'll play you before BB5 - when are you next free?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25