Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Caledonian 2014 40k Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Sounds like a blood bath guys!!
I had a Burstide, torchstar plus his 2 drones and about 8 kroot left, Rob had a Skyray, Inquistor, Farsight, Buffmander and Loth all on 1 wound left.
Was very bloody!
Was a total blood bath! it was fun! Big Grin

I was pretty lucky that I was able to tie up the majority of Vinces fire power for a long time and even came out the other side, just wish my first turn of shooting could have dealt more pain to the bomb, I think on another day it could have, but worried that it didn't... I was quite confident I could take out a Riptide or 2 per turn.. but maybe not... I think it's quite dice dependent.
It was mainly due to me being able to tank the AP2 shots onto a 4++, 5+ FNP Tide that did it. No sure if it would have gone better against 5++, 5+ FNP. My bomb is a huge Points sink at Roughly 1100 pts for it!

I think the list will work great against a standard O'vesa bomb, as most don't kit out the Buffmander with Shield gen and Stims like i did, and have a Velocity tracker and Target lock on the Second tide rather than target lock and Stims.

Also another point to consider is how many wounds will you take off of two Ion Tides? I don't think it will be as many as i inflicted, i would guess at around 20 at most, worse if it scatters. Most of my damage was off Rvarna!

And i did roll your dice like a pro, saving every drone shot i think! Tongue
Looking forward to our game next week Rob! No idea how im gonna tackle the bomb! Cant exactly just avoid it lol is it fearless?
It is, so even though i kept beating it in combat, it wouldn't run away!
(09-01-2014, 11:08 AM)Embolden Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2014, 10:39 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds awesome, I need some practise against these lists for BB5!

I'll play you before BB5 - when are you next free?

Cool, I can do 4th or 11th Feb?
(09-01-2014, 04:13 PM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]It was mainly due to me being able to tank the AP2 shots onto a 4++, 5+ FNP Tide that did it. No sure if it would have gone better against 5++, 5+ FNP. My bomb is a huge Points sink at Roughly 1100 pts for it!

I think the list will work great against a standard O'vesa bomb, as most don't kit out the Buffmander with Shield gen and Stims like i did, and have a Velocity tracker and Target lock on the Second tide rather than target lock and Stims.

Also another point to consider is how many wounds will you take off of two Ion Tides? I don't think it will be as many as i inflicted, i would guess at around 20 at most, worse if it scatters. Most of my damage was off Rvarna!

And i did roll your dice like a pro, saving every drone shot i think! Tongue

Yeah Ravana was great, being able to tank on his 4+ then a 5+ fnp was great, especially when you failed a save, then passed FNP about 5 times in a row lol.

I think Ion Tides will hurt, but not as much as Ravana! He's a beast!

I like my yellow dice, not gonna lie, I think they're weighted... well I was think that unit till turn 3 or 4 where I had an epic fail of a shooting phase... lol 2+ to hit 6 missiles, 3 hit, 2+ to wound 1 wounds! lol (against the 3 Battlesuits :p)

(09-01-2014, 04:35 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: [ -> ]Looking forward to our game next week Rob! No idea how im gonna tackle the bomb! Cant exactly just avoid it lol is it fearless?

And me, should be another brutal game!

Certainly is fearless thanks to Loth, not sure how I will play against your Deathstar, I think it really depends on what power Tig rolls, which makes things hard to plan against, but also makes it hard to play with I guess.

(09-01-2014, 05:12 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2014, 11:08 AM)Embolden Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2014, 10:39 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds awesome, I need some practise against these lists for BB5!

I'll play you before BB5 - when are you next free?

Cool, I can do 4th or 11th Feb?

either are good for me mate, say the 4th :p but if you'd prefer the 11th go for it mate Smile
Well i may have found a Rvarna for under £30 and have it on the way.....

Also saved my O'vesa bomb (tempted to say Rvarna bomb lol) list in battlescribe, so if anyone wants to practise against it before Caledonian to get a feel for O'vesa style lists just let me know! Smile
7 days to go! Is everone ready? Im starting to feel the pressure with the ammount of stuff ive got left to paint! I really want to have a fully painted army at a tournament for once rather than half painted and half basic 3 colours........ Wel see!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25