Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Caledonian 2014 40k Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Still got 3 Skyrays to paint and finish converting.

The rest will do! 3 colours! lol
Ive got pretty much everything 3 colours, even if it is 3 different shades of blue lol just needs basing and squad markings for full painting points Big Grin
Nees to prove this guy wrong!!!

Well that looks like 25 Highlander lists so should be 25 easy wins for the serious players players in round one! After that we Highlander chaps can get on with having some fun on the bottom tables

....but wait!

That still leaves around 35 serious players with waac armies who will have lost their first game and will be playing the Highlander lists who lost their first game. So assuming a waac list will beat a highlander list every time it will take at least two rounds before the bottom 25 slots are entirely made up of the highlander players

...but wait!

At that point the Highlander players who are playing each other will have to win a game (in the third round) and the waac players who are playing each other will have to lose a game. So waac players will play Highlander players again in round four.

I'm not sure how this will affect the outcome....not much at the very top I suspect unless someone gets to 'bounce' a highlander list on game five and shoot up the tables. I think that having 'easy' wins scattered throughout the bottom half of the table will mean that the middle of the table will not be representative and will be based on the luck of the draw.

Of course I am sure that Tim has thought about all of this and has a cunning plan!

My head hurts!

Grim
Also cool prizes have been announced for the top 3! Best painted. Might have to pull a few late nights to try and be in with a shout! Although with 120 players theres gonna be a lot of guys that make my army look like painting by numbers haha
Huh I don't see the need to panic, I mean, I was thinking I could have made my Farsight bomb a highlander list! LMAO without much tweaking! lol

Farsight, Commander, Loth, Scouts, 2x10 Kroot, 1x6 Fire Warriors, 1 Skyray, 1 Storm Raven... Oh crap... I could have taken a Marine Storm Raven!! for my scouts and would have had some fantastic anti-flyer and ground shots... hmm BB5! Big Grin

Edit: Would have pts to spare, so I could take Tactical Marines with red scorpion chapter traits get FNP as standard!
To be fair I didn't actually realise my list was Highlander so if there is a plan to put them all together in Rd 1 I think it's actually gonna benefit me (providing I can get the win of course).

I've set myself a painting schedule so I can definatly get it all done in time lol

Today: day off work so pub lunch with the mrs and finish stormraven
Sunday day off so tactical marines either side of Liverpool vs stoke
Monday: teaching so hopefully finish commander
Tuesday: work then club so no painting Sad
Wednesday: work then centurion detail
Thursday: finish all bases
Friday: off work so I will add any extra detail I can until I leave.

I'm really staring to like the look of my army. I don't think any individual model I've done is my best but as a whole I'm happy Smile makes a change lol
Noticed a post on FB stating there might be a list amnisty for Farsight bombs... they're gonna be popular!

I'm starting to feel glad I've gone down the route of Buff Commander over Shadowsun!
Hmmm dunno what to make of that! Is it really that unbeatable? Guess ill find out Tuesday :p

Sundays task done! One finished stormraven!
(11-01-2014, 10:09 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm dunno what to make of that! Is it really that unbeatable? Guess ill find out Tuesday :p

Sundays task done! One finished stormraven!

Lol I've been beaten 2 games running mate!

Should be a quick game, either I smash you or you smash me! lol
Looks like lists are immanent! Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25