Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Red War Soc 40k League II Rules, Fixtures, Results and Banter thread!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(30-10-2013, 12:22 PM)CheZZoR Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-10-2013, 12:05 AM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]Great game against Terry, i believe it finished 10VP to 8VP to me.

Very close in the end as it went the full 7 turns and Terry had me on the back foot towards the end!

Great game Vince Big Grin I'll know what to do next time though and hopefully you won't get lucky with first turn & placing the bomb right in the middle of all my dudes Sad
I kind of wish i had gone more aggressive with the bomb after it dropped, and nova charged the guns more on the Riptides. But i got into defensive mode and thought the game was won, trying to preserve the army.

I am tempted to change the list slightly and drop a Riptide to add some Broadsides with high yields in...... And outflanking kroot.....

But very good game, look forward to a rematch!
Cheers for the results guys, table has been updated.
Another solid performance from Lysander and his crew! Managed to table Justin turn 3 (helped massivly by the fact his helldrake disnt turn up and he failed a charge with his super combat unit!

But yeah was a good scrap and we managed to get two games in which is always nice!

Thanks for the game dude! Id definatly try what we discussed! People wont see it coming!! Muahaha!
Cheers for the result.
Will update the league when I can, my laptop is in the process of being repaired.
Great game with Jack (Yohanes13) with alot of mech. Ace fun. My whole army turned up turn 2 and his did not that resulted in us calling the game in my favor mid way through turn 5. I love the list but the Nau Anti Tank shone through.
Cheers for the result Rob, league table updates as well as my list.
My game with Sam went as so:

I rolled Fortune on the 4th Farseer psychic roll, the Warlocks ended up with a good bunch of Protects and Conceals.

The 6 objectives where split 3 on each table side with Sam ending up with the 3, 3 and 2, I obviously got the 1, 2 and 4.

Nightfight turn1

Deployment:
I was given first turn so deployed with the Seer Council on the left flank, Wraithknight in the centre, Hawks also deployed out of sight at the back of the table.

Sam deployed on my left behind the Aegis with the Lord on quadgun, 3 Oblits and both squads of Havocs, in the centre go the 10 Marines and Prince on the right go the 10 Marines, Cultists and Helldrake in reserve.

Turn1
Sam fails to seize, so the Council fortunes itself up, Conceal goes off after 2 Warlocks perils themselves... the Council move up, no other damage.

Sams turn1
3 wounds are stripped from the Wraithknight and a Warlock fails a 2+ rerollable save after I roll 4 1's out of 6 dice followed by another 1.

Turn2
The Council charge over the Defence Line after another Warlock perils... into the Havocs who both fail moral and both squads are swept. 3 Jetbike squads move on from reserve, but all hide.

Sams turn2
both the Cultists and Helldrake arrive, the Prince and Oblits move up to charge the Council, the Helldrake is then intercepted by the Quadgun and is gunned down! After I rolled 2 6's and a 5 on 4 dice! the Council bounces everything off and the Prince and Oblits charge in to the council, 1 Warlock goes down and 1 wound is caused on the Oblits, Baron accepts the challenge from the Prince, luckily for me the Prince with 9 attacks needing 3's to hit only hits with 2 or 3 out of 9 or 10 attacks! So the attacks are bounced off. The council then hits and runs into Sams back line

Turn3
The last jetbike squad arrives from reserves and hides... the Council buff themselves and take out the Cultists, consolidating into the corner, the Wraithknight instant kills the Prince.

Sams turn3

Basically everything moves towards the Council who take the punishment well, I think only a single Warlock goes done (down to 5 Warlocks at this stage), no charges are declared.

Turn4

The Seer Council buff themselves then shoot and charge into the 10 Marines in the centre, killing 9 in total, the Marine passes moral, so the Seer Council hit and runs towards the Marines on the right flank.

Sams turn4

The Oblits and Marines on the right do what they can to shoot the Council be everything bounces off, the Marine on it's own hides.

Turn5

The Council again buff themselves but lose yet another Warlock to perils (thats 3 or 4 to Perils lol)... they shoot and charge the 10 Marines on the right flank wiping them out to a man. the Jetbikes and Hawks all jump onto 4 objectives between them.

Sams turn5
whatever is left hides lol

We go to turn6

I don't see anything in range so have to turbo over to and hope for a turn7... so I can table Sam for the bonus point.

But alas no turn 7...

Cheers for the game Sam! Shame it was quite one sided once the Prince failed to cave in the Baron leaving the Wraithknight to one shot kill him.

I did learn quite a bit from the game, I need to remember the rest of my army, not just the Seer Council I totally forgot to move and shoot quite a few units throughout the game... the Bastion can fire the Heavy Bolters automated which I totally forgot and the positioning of my Warlocks with important powers... by the end of the game both Protect Warlocks had been killed by shooting...

Once again cheers for the game and let me know about that BB practice against your green skinned army! Big Grin
Lost my game to Chezzor he had all secondary objectives and held two or three primary whilst I held on for dear life not to get tabled and just scraped by with one model left preventing the bonus points.
Cheers for the result, I think I have the table up to date, let me know if not Big Grin
Another tabling for Lysander and co
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15