Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Red War Soc 40k League II Rules, Fixtures, Results and Banter thread!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Really good and close league game with Big Rob!

Killed my troops early on, had to go for the tabling for a win.

Ended up losing in the end, needed it to go on at least 1 more turn.

Some good fortune on my side as well, Rob rolled some appalling dice at key times, lol! Tongue
Good game Rob, congrats on the win, I was outplayed I think, but was in for a chance at a win. Should have focused on your jet bike troops earlier methinks! Next time....
Results and table updates, I'm sure it was 3 league games tonight?

Yes, thanks for the game Chris, was happy to come away with the win!

A brief battle report:

Pre-Game
I got okay powers, rolled fortune first up, prescience and missfortune, Second Farseer: Prescience, Terrify and Invisibility, the Warlocks got 2 Protects, 1 Embolden, 1 Horrify, 1 Destructor and 3 Conceals.

Both had crap Warlord Traits

The objectives where from my PoV, top left, bottom left, top right, middle right and bottom right.

Deployment:
I was given first turn, both a blessing and a curse...

The Council set up aggressively on the line and dead centre of my deployment zone along with the Wraithknight which was still on the line, but towards the right.

Chris set up his Immortals with Veiltek, Zahn and Obyron join the 15 Warriors who all are out sight in a ruin.

Eldar turn1
I cast Fortune on the Council, Invisibility on the Wraithknight, Prescience on the Wraithknight, Prescience on the Council, Conceal and Protect also on the Council. Everything then moves across the table towards Chrises 2 units.

Necron turn1
Everything jumps over to where I've just come from... lol!

Not single shot fired turn1...

Eldar Turn2
I get 3 Jetbike squads from reserve and the Hawks land on the Bastion to man the Quadgun, same buffs go on the Council and Wraithknight, which form a giant horse shoe in which the Jetbike squads turbo boost into.

Necron Turn2
Chris gets both Nightscythes in from reserve, Warriors on foot and Doomscythe stay in reserve, the Deathmarks pop out one Nightscythe and move to tackle the Wraithknight, the rest of Necron forces hangs back, the immortals shuffle forwards and the Warriors fan out, the Quadgun gets 3 hits on the Warriors Scythe but fails to roll a 4+...

The Deathmarks put a wound on the Wraithknight and take out a Warlock with the flamer and the Scythes put down 3 Hawks.

Eldar turn3
The Council and Wraithknight get the same buffs, the Warriors and last Jetbike squad arrive from reserve, the Warrior hide behind the Bastion, Jetbikes go cower in the same corner as the other Jetbikes which split up due to the Doomscythe and the Hawks skyleap out. The Wraithknight jumps over towards an objective which is Skyfire, the Council moves to surround the Deathmarks, the Council then remove the Deathmarks getting 4 AP2 wounds... firstblood quickly follows as the Cryptek doesn't get back up.

Necrosn turn3
The Doomscythe and Warriors on foot come in from reserve, one Scythe goes off, the others mill around a little but plink off a wound from the Wraithknight and 2 DE Warriors are killed, then flee of the table...

Eldar turn4
Same powers on Council, Wraithknight out of Invisibility, so Missfortune goes on a Doomscythe, 3 Hawks arrive and put down 2 Warriors from the squad on foot of which they both get back up, the Council fan out a bit to protect the Jetbikes which are all cowering, the Wraithknight gets on the Skyfire objective and shoots at the Doomscythe which jink saves even with missfortune... (I think or no real damage done eitherway)

Necrons turn4
the Warriors top left take out the Hawks with help from Oby's squad on the objective bottom left, the Warrior Scythe flies off the table, the empty Scythe arrives and shoots into the Council and does no damage, the Immortals move towards the bottom right objective, tempting the Wraithknight to charge (5" through cover... you tease Chris!).

Eldar turn5
With it time to commit the Jetbikes jump on the objectives, 1 squad top right, 2 squads middle right, 1 squad bottom right, after getting Fortune, Invisibility and Prescience the none Warlord Farseer moves and turbo boosts to contest the top left objective, the Council then strings itself in a line that protects/contests all 3 objectives on the right flank.

Necrons Turn5
Chris brings the Warrior Scythe on, the Warriors jump out to contest the top right objective, the Immortals bottom left move towards the objective bottom right, the empty scythe and doom scythe move towards the Jetbikes in the centre, shooting clears the Jetbikes top right and 5/6 Jetbikes on the centre right objective leaving me with 2 objectives to 1, the Warrior top left shoot the Farseer and do no damage.

The Immortals charge into the Council and do no damage, lose to Immortals in return, fail moral and are swept!

The game goes on.

Eldar turn6
The Council consolidate and move towards the Warriors top right, the jetbike squad bottom right move onto the central objective and the Wraithknight stands and shoots at the Doomscythe taking off the Doomcannon, the Seer Council shoot dead the Warriors top right.

The Farseer top left charges into combat and both sides do no damage

Necron turn6,
the scythe and doomscythe can only get angle/range to move to target the Wraithknight, they strip off 2 wounds, leaving it on 2, the Warriors and Farseer bounce off each other.

No turn 7 so the game ends....

Victory to the Eldar, 6-3 Primary and 2-1 on Secondaries

A really cagey and tactically challenging game!

I think Chris you made a few mistakes, turn2 I think you should have gone for the Jetbikes and ignored the Wraithknight, but I don't think you grasped how awesome Invisibility can be, so ended up giving me the Deathmarks and firstblood.

I think pretty much any chance you get to shoot the Jetbikes, it should have been taken, I should have also left a squad behind the Bastion and not clumped 3 squads top right to protect them much better, but clumping the made flyer movement much harder for you... hmm something to ponder.

I was also thinking about the empty Nightscythe, could that have picked the Immortals up turn3, flown them off the table turn4 and turn5 giving you a better chance of taking an objective turn5?

I also think you moved too close with the Nightscythes, so they where only effective for 1 turn each, although you did the right thing in flying them off, so their was constant pressure from at least1, as they have a 18" min movement and 24" range, I think you can get 2 turns out of them. But I could be wrong, as I've never used fliers on a consistent basis.

I was happy my army didn't really need the anti-air... so I'm thinking of changing my 1850pt list to represent this.

I thou-rally enjoyed this very tactical and not very bloody battle I'd only killed 6 models by the end of my turn5 and they where taken out turn3... Cool
Yeah you're right Rob, I should have jumped the death marks out of the doomscythe and flamed the 3 jet bike squds huddled together and ignored the wraith knight, never mind. If the immortals had passed leadership on an 8 or less your seer council would have been pulled off the objectives they were contesting, then I could have won turn 5 if that lone jet bike had in turn failed his ld test.....IF...

Think I still need practise using the flyers, my dark angels never use them so it's a learning curve!
(26-11-2013, 11:57 PM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]Really good and close league game with Big Rob!

Some good fortune on my side as well, Rob rolled some appalling dice at key times, lol! Tongue

Cracking game Vince. I did not think it would go my way. The bomb is grim. Loved it. Big Grin
(27-11-2013, 11:18 AM)GoNecrons Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-11-2013, 11:57 PM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]Really good and close league game with Big Rob!

Cracking game Vince. I did not think it would go my way. The bomb is grim. Loved it. Big Grin
The really key points for me was-
You failing the morale check with the snipers drones early on with LD10
Bomb failing to turn up turn 2 Sad
You rolling a gets hot when you placed that large AP2 S8 blast over nearly all the bomb! (better that i called the 1 before you rolled it!Tongue)
Me messing up and letting you focus fire on the Tooled up crisis suit.
Both of us forgetting NWSJ! Lol

Tempted to drop a Riptide for something else, though i don't want to use my list change early.....
Think i need to get some infiltrating kroot in and maybe some Broadsides.
So i have decided to change up my list slightly, this is not finalised but so people have some idea of where it is going, i present The Riptide bomb-
Quote:HQ
Commander Farsight - 165
WARGEAR: Crisis battlesuit, plasma rifle, the Dawn Blade, shield generator.

O’Vesa - 305
WARGEAR: Riptide battlesuit, ion accelerator, twin-linked fusion blaster,
riptide shield generator, early warning override, stimulant injector, two
shielded missile drones, Earth Caste Pilot Array.

Elites
XV104 Riptide (310pt.)
Riptide battlesuit; Multi-tracker; Blacksun filter; Riptide shield generator;
Heavy burst cannon; Twin-linked SMS; Target lock; Velocity tracker; Shielded missile drone (x2); The Talisman of Arthas Moloch;Earth caste pilot array

Troops
3x XV8 Crisis team (174pt.)
Bonding knife ritual;
WARGEAR: Crisis battlesuit; Multi-tracker; Blacksun filter; Missile pods (x2);
Target Lock (x2),Vectored thrusters
3x XV8 Crisis team (139pt.)
Bonding knife ritual;
WARGEAR: Crisis battlesuit; Multi-tracker; Blacksun filter; Burst cannon (x5); Airbursting fragmantation projector ,Vectored thrusters
12x Kroot Carnivore squad (75pt.)
10x Kroot (7pt.); Kroot armour; Kroot rifle; Sniper rounds;
1x Kroot hound (5pt.);

Tau Allies:
HQ
Commander (180pt.)
WARGEAR: Multi-tracker; Blacksun filter; Vectored retro-thrusters; Neuroweb System Jammer; Onager gauntlet; Drone Controller; Command and control node; Puretide Engram Neurochip; Multi-spectrum Sensor Suit; XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit;
Fast
7 x Pathfinders (77pt.)
Troops
12x Kroot Carnivore squad (75pt.)
10x Kroot (7pt.); Kroot armour; Kroot rifle; Sniper rounds;
1x Kroot hound (5pt.);

1500 pts
Incase you hadn't guessed, farsight, O'vesa, Riptide and Awesome all in one unit (Majority T6 Baby) ignores cover, re-rolls to hit, re-rolls Nova charge. Boom. Lots of scoring in it, which was the problem with the original build/list.
Edit- Forgot to mention, cheers for the help finalising the list Rob!
List change, due to Codex change - I am 99% sure this is the final list now.

1,499 POINTS

HQ - 135 points
  • Saint Celestine
TROOP - 162 points
Battle Sister Squad
  • Sister Superior
  • Condemnor Boltgun Upgrade (1)
  • Battle Sister (5)
  • Flamer Upgrade (1)
  • Heavy Flamer Upgrade (1)
  • Immolator + Multi-Melta
  • Storm Bolter Upgrade
TROOP - 152 points
Battle Sister Squad
  • Sister Superior
  • Battle Sister (5)
  • Flamer Upgrade (1)
  • Heavy Flamer Upgrade (1)
  • Storm Bolter Upgrade
FAST ATTACK - 165 points
Dominion Squad
  • Dominion Superior
  • Dominion (4)
  • Flamer Upgrade (1)
  • Meltagun Upgrade (3)
  • Storm Bolter Upgrade
FAST ATTACK - 165 points
Dominion Squad
  • Dominion Superior
  • Dominion (4)
  • Flamer Upgrade (1)
  • Meltagun Upgrade (3)
  • Storm Bolter Upgrade
FAST ATTACK - 95 points
Serephim Squad
  • Serephim (5)
  • Hand Flamer Upgrade (2)
HEAVY SUPPORT - 125 points
  • Exorcist
HEAVY SUPPORT - 125 points
  • Exorcist
HQ - 70 points
Company Command Squad
  • Company Commander
  • Veteran (4)
  • Flamer Upgrade (4)
TROOP - 75 points
Veteran Squad
  • Veteran Sergeant
  • Veteran (9)
  • Flamer Upgrade (1)
FAST ATTACK - 130 points
Vendetta Gunship Squadron
  • Vendetta
DEFENCES - 100 points
  • Aegis Defence Line
  • Quad Gun Emplacement
Cheers Dave, army lists updated.
Just as heads up, i have used my list change to go this-
Quote:+++ Fasight Enclaves league list 1 (1500pts) +++
+++ 1500pt Tau Empire: Farsight Enclaves (2013), Tau Empire 6th Ed (2013) Roster (Primary Detachment, Allied Detachment)) +++

Selections:

Tau Empire: Farsight Enclaves (2013) (Primary Detachment) Selections:

+ (No Category) + (459pts)

* Farsight's Commander Team (459pts)
(HQ choice (not counting towards FoC))
* Honour-Shas'vre O'Vesa
(Independent Character, Nova Reactor, Preferred Enemy (Orks) (CC only), Supporting Fire)
Early warning override, Earth Caste Pilot Array (*), Ion accelerator, Riptide battlesuit, Riptide Shield Generator, Stimulant injector, Twin-linked fusion blaster
* 2x Shielded Missile Drone
2x Missile pod, 2x Shield generator
* Sub-commander Torchstar
(Independent Character, Preferred Enemy (Orks) (CC only), Supporting Fire, Very Bulky)
Crisis battlesuit, Drone controller, 2x Flamer, Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite, Neuroweb System Jammer, Target lock
* 2x Marker Drone
2x Markerlight

+ HQ + (165pts)

* Commander Farsight (165pts)
(Independent Character, Preferred Enemy (Orks), Supporting Fire, Very Bulky)
Crisis battlesuit, Plasma rifle, Shield generator, The Dawn Blade

+ Elites + (318pts)

* XV104 Riptide (318pts)
(Nova Reactor, Preferred Enemy (Orks) (CC only), Supporting Fire)
Advanced targeting system, Earth Caste Pilot Array (*), Heavy burst cannon, Riptide battlesuit, Riptide Shield Generator, Target lock, The Mirrorcodex (*), Twin-linked smart missile system
* 2x Shielded Missile Drone
2x Missile pod, 2x Shield generator

+ Troops + (273pts)

* XV8 Crisis Team (33pts)
(Preferred Enemy (Orks) (CC only), Supporting Fire, Very Bulky)
Bonding Knife Ritual (*)
* Crisis Shas'ui
Crisis battlesuit, 2x Flamer

Bonding Knife Ritual (*)
* Crisis Shas'ui

Bonding Knife Ritual (*)
* Crisis Shas'ui

* XV8 Crisis Team (compulsory) (174pts)
Bonding Knife Ritual (*)
* Crisis Shas'ui
Crisis battlesuit, 2x Plasma rifle, Vectored retro-thrusters
* Crisis Shas'ui
Crisis battlesuit, 2x Plasma rifle, Target lock
* Crisis Shas'ui
Crisis battlesuit, 2x Fusion blaster, Target lock

Tau Empire 6th Ed (2013) (Allied Detachment) Selections:

+ HQ + (220pts)

* Commander (220pts)
(Independent Character, Supporting Fire, Very Bulky)
Command and Control Node, Crisis battlesuit, Drone controller, Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite, Neuroweb System Jammer, Onager Gauntlet, Puretide Engram Neurochip, Shield generator, Stimulant injector, Vectored retro-thrusters, XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit

+ Troops + (65pts)

* Kroot Carnivore Squad (65pts)
(Infiltrate, Move Through Cover, Stealth (Forests) ())
Kroot Hound (Acute Senses)
* 10x Kroot
10x Kroot rifle
Edit - Changed Burstides second weapon to SMS as was as fusion by mistake!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15