Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Red War Soc 40k League II Rules, Fixtures, Results and Banter thread!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Cheers for the list Nick, just ran through and you're 10pts over :p
My bad :p

Ultramarines (primary)

HQ

Chief Libby Tigurius 165

Libby 65
Lv 2 25

Troops

10 tactical marines 140
Melta 10

5 scouts 55

Heavy support

Stormraven gunship 200
Melta
Ac

Imperial fists (secondary)

HQ

Captain Lysander 230

Troops

10 tactical marines 140

Heavy support

5 centurion devestators 310
3 grav cannons with amp 60
2 TL las cannons 40
5 missiles 50
Omniscope 10
My round one game results:

A win for my Necrons (6pts) vs Sam's Chaos space marines (3pts)

Sam won the roll off for deployment, made me deploy first and then stole the initiative. His turn 1 shooting killed one warrior. - night fight was up. My turn 1 and I deep struck Obyron and the immortals using his mantle, over near the oblits and a csm squad, killing 1 marine. The ark killed an obliterators. I was a bit hasty with Obyron as his oblits and other marine squads wiped the immortals (for first blood) leaving Obyron on one wound. His mutilators came in but misshaped back into reserve. My turn 2 only the tomb blade came on which turboed out of sight. Obyron deep struck over near zahndrekhs warrior unit which shot at a csm squad killing 1. The ark shot at his havoc so who went to ground behind his defence line so I killed only 1. 2 - 0 to Sam so far.

Turn 3 Sam glanced the ark with his oblits and shot at the warrior squad but I think he failed to kill any due to my RP rolls. my doomscythe and 1 NightScythe showed up and poured fire into the csm unit and the Lord. BigZ and his unit with Obyron deep struck over near The Lord unit as well, narrowly avoiding a mishap and they also shot his unit, leaving just The Lord on 2 wounds. The NightScythe had been penned by the quad gun so was only snap shooting. 2 -1to Sam.

Turn 4 his lord charges the big unit of warriors, killing one warrior and tanking the 4 wounds in return (with quadruple 6's!). His mutilators deep strike in near the same unit and the rest of his shooting is ineffective having really only fliers and the ark to shoot at. My turn 4 and BigZ's unit teleports out of combat, over near the defence line. They and my 3 fliers concentrate fire on the two units there, the doomscythe wiping one and destroying the quad gun, the havoc a being reduced to two las cannons. Drawing with two points each.

Turn 5 and 6 my doomscythe wipes the obliterators, the havocs are finished off and I wipe another squad of csm with fliers and the big blob. Sam runs into my deployment with his remaining mutilators and attached lord, I score line breaker with a warrior squad and the tomb blade. 6 - 3 in the end as it finishes turn 6.

Thanks for the game Sam!
I won my game against Rob by a mutual agreement he would have been tabled! Im no good at battle reports but ill leave it at that unless Rob (who os far better at battle reports) wants to post something! Was a bit of a slaughter but Robs list is mega complicated and will be awesomr once he gets used to it! Glad i played him game 1 Smile
A battle report it is Nick:

Prebattle powers:
Nick rolls for Tigurius: Missfortune, 4+ Inv Save, Ignore Cover
Libby: Iron Arm and Warp Speed

I fantastic set of powers, only missing FNP for the perfect set!

I get:
Warlord Farseer - Executioner, Mind War, Fortune
Farseer - Fortune, Prescience, Guide
Warlocks: 2 Protect/Jinx, 1 Empower/Enervate, 2 Conceal Reveals, 1 Destructor/Renew, 1 Enhance/Drain, 1 Quicken/Restrain

A solid set of powers, I cannot complain, only missing Missfortune.

Missions: obviously KPs with Dawn of War Deployment
Deployment: Nick wins the roll for first turn and takes it.

Nick deploys the Centurions centrally, the scouts infiltrate into the centre of the table out of sight, the 10 Marines deploy behind a bunker top right.

I deploy behind some LOS blocking terrain on the left flank with the Commander and Riptide together, the Wraithknight and Seer Council, the Jetikes and Kroot go in reserve.

Turn1:
After casting ignore cover and 4+ inv on the centurions, the libby casts both Iron arm (+3) and Warp Speed (+2), the squad moved up, then lights up the Riptide and removes him.

My turn I cast up fortune and prescience on the council, guide goes on the Wraithknight. The councils moved over/round the terrain bottom left as does the Wraithknight, the Wraithknight causes a wound of Lysander the Council then boost forwards 4 or 5 inches behind terrain, they are within a 8 charge through cover.

Turn2:
Nick casts his powers again, I deny Missfortune which is massive, the Storm Raven comes on and Nick does a really clever thing, rather than moving forwards he conga lines the Centurions, meaning only Lysander is within range and it's a 9" charge not through cover. The shooting does little, the Wraithknight loses a couple of wounds and the Seer Council doesn't lose anyone. Lysander makes the charge distance with an 11 and so they Centurions smash into the Council, the Council loses a Warlock and the Warlord Farseer who fails a STR10 LOS Sir... then a 4+ re-roll inv save. I chip away at Lysander who is down to one wound at this stage.

My turn2 and all my reserves show up, ready to tackle the Scouts next turn, I pass fortune, then totally forget to roll the rest of my powers (like Prescience... 2+ save/jinx and -1 Strength etc...) this basically gives Nick the game... the Seer Council doesn't lose much this turn but fails to do any damage as Nick passed 8 or so saves without fail. Oh and the Wraithknight charged into Combat failed to wound the Libby on a 2+ Str10 impact hit then got beat down in one round.

Turn3

Tigurius casts missfortune on the council to counter act my Fortune and this leaves just the Farseer left in combat... then we just do a quick run through of my options... the Storm Raven would remove the Commander in a turn with the Marines dropping out for line breaker, then would go chasing after Jetbikes who have NO WHERE to hide, as the only LOS blocking terrain in sight has 10 Marines behind it... so the Dev Centurions would remove a squad per turn as well as the Kroot (split fire a ignore missile into them per turn...) with the Storm Raven free to do whatever it wants which would be pick off a Jetbike squad/help remove the Kroot.

So we call it their and a tabling loss for me!

Wow the Seer Council is complex and I made some hurrendous errors like forgetting powers and because I was having to concentrate on that, I totally messed up in other areas of the game, I didn't have to be in charge range of the Centurions or could have made a 12" charge... the Riptide shouldn't have been in range of the Centurions at all. Ugh. Learnt a massive amount and will be chopping the list up a little as the Tau just don't work the Riptide was poor, Grav Guns just mess it up and every Marine army worth their salt will be packing these... the Wraithknight did okay, it was my poor play I shouldn't have accepted the challenge and he would have been smashing up Centurions with his STR10.. I learnt so much though and really enjoyed the game.

We even got a second game in, but that went much the same lol!
well id write a battle report but dave's battle sisters thought it was a training mission and brought rubber bullets with them the only action was dave's jetpack angels jumping on the objective only to get wipe out by whole firepower of the eldar force even if Constantine (HQ) can take 21 Armour saves so after all the objectives totaled up it went dave-7 me-11 so a big win for me Smile
When are you free for our game Justin? Im free for the next few weeks!!
Embolden you haven't updated my list in the league list yet, my next game isn't till the 5th, but you happy with the list and is so can you update the league list post (as of time of posting this its still my old list on there).
Sam we're playing next so your list will be fine (I still need to update mine for minus pts lol) and I pm'd to say it's fine bar the one query which you answered :p so don't panic.

Sorry for the lack of updates, lifes been a bit busy lately! But it will be sorted asap!

Are group 2 okay with fixutes etc, I've noticed not a single game has been played yet and we're moving into month 2?? (It's not a mad rush for games as group1 have an extra month or 2... just checking everyone is okay).
Myself and Vince have got our game planned for next week iirc.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15