Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Interest in Lord of the Rings Campaign?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Not sure if we will start with 500pt armies yet - but if not you'll be able to field armies of between 300 and 600pts depending on reinforcements. You will have more than one army a side, so depending on moves on the campaign map my guess is you will usually be fighting one or two battles per turn. If there's one battle that campaign turn then split the pts between the two of you. If two battles then you can do the same or fight one battle each, separately - up to you.

Paul - yes, bringing a full list in case your partner can't make it is a good idea. I'd love to see a Mumak on the table. However for the sake of variety I will try and incorporate a limit into how many times it can be fielded - eg maybe people will have to write separate lists for each army and you can't have a Mumak in each one. This is true for the named characters as well - there will be some sort of rules limiting their use so Aragorn doesn't fight in every single battle - maybe limited to one army and don't forget if named characters die they are dead and can't come back.

JJ - The campaign is set in the Third Age, probably just before the goings-on of The Hobbit. You can field Elrond but Gil-galad is dead, slain by the hand of Sauron himself on the slopes of Mount Doom at the end of the Second Age. However, you may use his rules to represent a High Lord of the Elves (whose name you can come up with, Fil-Falad maybe?!), from Rivendell or the Grey Havens etc who is not mentioned by name in Tolkeins books and is accompanying Elrond on his campaign. Alternatively you can use the model as an Elven Captain with a cool looking spear. I think you are the only one taking Elves so a mix of the two is fine.

Stu - Yeah you're right I think Legions of Middle Earth may be a bit outdated. Lets go with those sourcebooks you mentioned. On your other point, that's what you get for taking such an uber-powerful badass, I look forward to drowning him in uruk hai, maybe with a little immobilise on the side Smile
Cheers Chris, really looking forward to this!
This might be of interest for those who want to create new characters; http://www.lotrproject.com
A full family tree of middle earth (only the good guys though)!
That's a nice find Rob - thanks!
ok, so i need to have a look at the books on dropbox and build a 250 point dwarf force right?

the free peoples book should be my guide?
(22-02-2016, 01:23 PM)Simian Wrote: [ -> ]ok, so i need to have a look at the books on dropbox and build a 250 point dwarf force right?

As far as I can gather, we need to make a list of 250 (so you can join with your ally 2v2 ) and make a 500 - 600 point force as well 1v1.

If you need the Drop box link I can PM you the link. Yes Free people book is the right one.

Also if you need models I have;
Balin
Gimli
1 Captian
1 King (balin conversion)
8 Khazard Guard
9 Dwarf warriors
(22-02-2016, 02:21 PM)Rob Lainchbury Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-02-2016, 01:23 PM)Simian Wrote: [ -> ]ok, so i need to have a look at the books on dropbox and build a 250 point dwarf force right?

As far as I can gather, we need to make a list of 250 (so you can join with your ally 2v2 ) and make a 500 - 600 point force as well 1v1.

If you need the Drop box link I can PM you the link. Yes Free people book is the right one.

Also if you need models I have;
Balin
Gimli
1 Captian
1 King (balin conversion)
8 Khazard Guard
9 Dwarf warriors

Appreciate the offer, i have a load GW dwarfs already painted up that will work fine as proxies so will use them think.
Guys, hang on, I haven't yet put together the format of the campaign yet so any talk of what pts you need to make in a list yet is just conjecture. It's great that you are excited but don't make a list and then prep it only to be told no you need this amount, and then be disappointed.

By all means have a look at lists, but details will be coming out hopefully at the end of the week, so please be patient!
Lots of enthusiasm for the campaign, it's looking good. Smile Thanks for organising this Chris.

I have just one question, Is this campaign going to be set after 1300 of the third age. I.e. can I use a Nazgul? Smile been looking to add one to my collection and the campaign seems like a perfect excuse.
(22-02-2016, 03:57 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, hang on, I haven't yet put together the format of the campaign yet so any talk of what pts you need to make in a list yet is just conjecture. It's great that you are excited but don't make a list and then prep it only to be told no you need this amount, and then be disappointed.

By all means have a look at lists, but details will be coming out hopefully at the end of the week, so please be patient!

I'm purely looking at rough points costs and what proxies I could use.and how the hell warbands are set up!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14