Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Battlefield Birmingham 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
I'm defo on for Sunday and will be there for 10am

So who's up for facing my grey knights?
OK so after our excellent trip to GW HQ yesterday and loads of abuse for being unable to decide what to use next weekend, I decided to text my round 1 opponent, my mate Mike. I gave him 4 options (Guard/Tau/Grey Knights/Sisters) and asked him to choose what I should use.

He decided to roll a dice in the end and I ended up with Grey knights.

Thats OK - the dice lords decided. So that left me with the dilema of what to take. 1750 is just insufficient for Draigo wing, so these are the options

Coteaz
2 x 10 Terminators (psy ammo, 2 x cannons, banner)
2 x dread knights (1 with teleporter)

That is a mere 1550, leaving 3 options

Librarian with 4 powers (keep the GK ones) teleporter homer,
m/c hammer and servo skull
or
Grand Master with psychotroke grenades and m/c hammer
or
Terminator Inquisitor (presience) with psy cannon, 3 servo skulls
plus Justicar Thawn

All three are equally viable for different reasons.

Thoughts?
The librarian using summoning to transport the dreadknights around the board is always fun so I'd go with that!
Wow, that is one tiny army! I'd be tempted by something different and go for interceptors for mobility! failing that, another prescience is awesome!

My list is looking like:
Coteaz
Inquisitor terminator, psycannon, prescience
3x10 strikes with psybolt and 2 psycannons in heavy bolter, psybolt razorbacks
2x5 warrior acolytes in chimeras
Dreadknight with incinerator
Lord commissar
Platoon command
40 blob 4 power axes, 2 meltabomb, 1 autocannon
(15-02-2013, 01:47 PM)The Count Wrote: [ -> ]Coteaz
2 x 10 Terminators (psy ammo, 2 x cannons, banner)
2 x dread knights (1 with teleporter)

isn't that only 2 scoring units? at 1750 that seems like not enough. so i'd say grab something else scoring with your remaining points.

warrior acolytes are cheap and good.
So who's coming on Sunday?
I will be there. At Caledonian I used Draigo/Coteaz/10 Pallys/5 GK's/Vindicaire and 2 x Dread Knights and came 16th out of 84.

In 'all or nothing' events like B Brum, one objective is usually enough. I agree though that the Grand Master could make the DK's scoring and the termies can combat detatch.
The libby is good as you say, and the Inquisitor with cannon/Thawn option is also good.

Going all 2+ though - its a point of principle!

See you Sunday!
That is all out. i'd be worried facing it thats for sure

the terminators will be starting as 2 squads of 5 then?
Well it depends on which characters I take. Coteaz's unit will stay as 10. Depends on the scenario after that, but at Cally I just sat 10 pallys on an objective, shot everything in range and said - 'go on then, kill them all!'

Either way thats the list. I am tempted by the Grand Master, as I can either scout the DK's or make them scoring and the grenades are terrifying.
I'm in for Sunday for sure, I believe rob was as well, so that's 4 players? Any more :p
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28