Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Battlefield Birmingham 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Cracking game tonight Rob! How i rolled 4 1s with 4 dice ill never know but i lost it way before then! Definatly need as much practise as i can get!! Hopefully see a few of you Sunday?
Great game last night, cheers Rob, so i've finallly faced Necrons (and three flyers).

Thoughts, the contemptor works as flyer defence (but only if it survives, if your HQ had got in behind it could have been very different) 1 flyer died to interceptor, the second lost hull points and then a Tac marine downed it with a grenade as it came too close to the ruin it was in (nice cinematic moment). all in all i think its ok to use. i still wonder about using two though...

Ork blobs, nasty, not good at anything, but the sheer weight of numbers 30 vs 5, took down one squad of terminators.

10 man terminator squad was effective but could have been more so if the Black knights had lived longer. splitting fire stripped a couple of hull points off your barges? (not sure what they were) and the mass of storm bolters worked, having the libby with them was useful. but other than that they did what they were meant to, slaughtered your big guns before they did anything, captured an objective and shrugged off the majority of fire.

Black knights, shame 4 died in the opening salvo, they could have done so much more if i'd been able to use the -1T grenade on your Ork blob. still, the one remaining guy needs a promotion! taking on an Ork blob running them off and slaughtering what was left, then charging the barges. Give that man a banner.

The Tac squads did exactly what they needed to, held my back line and shot anything that came in range.

Fun game and i think a draw was the fairest result. thanks for being patient on what everything was in your army!
(29-01-2013, 11:56 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: [ -> ]Cracking game tonight Rob! How i rolled 4 1s with 4 dice ill never know but i lost it way before then! Definatly need as much practise as i can get!! Hopefully see a few of you Sunday?

Yeah that was all kinds on epic, plus my dice were rolling pretty hot last night (although the odd epic fail of failing 7 out of 8 4+ saves lol).

Like I said last night, in the relic its about 2 things, firstblood and camping around (which nids do well) the objective until something tough can grab the relic then run off with it! turn 4 onwards.

I felt a lack of mobility last night so need to work on that... I dropped the Vendetta, but I'm kinda tempted to put it back in and stick a Platoon Command in there... but then Matts Storm Ravens will take it out so easy... so maybe a drop pod is the way to go? hmm
To be honest Bens drop pod worked really well in both games on Sunday so i would agree it might be the way to go! I think just a single Vendetta isnt enough.
So....... I know I said that was the final list but its now between these 2. The 1st is the list I played Rob with last night and the 2nd is one I came up with last night due to lack of sleep lol I would really appreciate advice on both!

List 1

1750 Battlefield Birmingham (copy) 4 (Tyranids)

HQ - 330
Hive Tyrant (330)
Leech Essence; Paroxysm; twin-linked devourers with brainleech worms; twin-linked devourers with brainleech worms; Hive Commander; Old Adversary; regeneration; bonded exoskeleton; wings.

Elites - 323
The Doom of Malan'tai (130)
• Mycetic Spore

1 Venomthrope (55)

6 Ymgarl Genestealers (138)

Troops - 490
10 Termagants (50)

10 Termagants (50)

Tervigon (195)
Catalyst; adrenal glands; toxin sacs.

Tervigon (195)
Catalyst; adrenal glands; toxin sacs.

Fast Attack - 340
Harpy (170)
twin-linked heavy venom cannon.

Harpy (170)

Heavy Support - 265
Tyrannofex (265)
rupture cannon; thorax swarm (dessicator larvae).

2nd

1750 Battlefield Birmingham (Tyranids)

HQ - 545
Hive Tyrant (285)
Leech Essence; Paroxysm; twin-linked devourers with brainleech worms; twin-linked devourers with brainleech worms; Hive Commander; bonded exoskeleton; wings.

Hive Tyrant (260)
Leech Essence; Paroxysm; twin-linked devourers with brainleech worms; twin-linked devourers with brainleech worms; bonded exoskeleton; wings.

Elites - 130
The Doom of Malan'tai (130)
• Mycetic Spore

Troops - 470
11 Termagants (55)

11 Termagants (55)

Tervigon (180)
adrenal glands; toxin sacs.

Tervigon (180)
adrenal glands; toxin sacs.

Fast Attack - 340
Harpy (170)

Harpy (170)

Heavy Support - 265
Tyrannofex (265)
rupture cannon; thorax swarm (dessicator larvae).
(30-01-2013, 06:38 AM)Simian Wrote: [ -> ]Great game last night, cheers Rob, so i've finallly faced Necrons (and three flyers).

Thoughts, the contemptor works as flyer defence (but only if it survives, if your HQ had got in behind it could have been very different) 1 flyer died to interceptor, the second lost hull points and then a Tac marine downed it with a grenade as it came too close to the ruin it was in (nice cinematic moment). all in all i think its ok to use. i still wonder about using two though...

Ork blobs, nasty, not good at anything, but the sheer weight of numbers 30 vs 5, took down one squad of terminators.

10 man terminator squad was effective but could have been more so if the Black knights had lived longer. splitting fire stripped a couple of hull points off your barges? (not sure what they were) and the mass of storm bolters worked, having the libby with them was useful. but other than that they did what they were meant to, slaughtered your big guns before they did anything, captured an objective and shrugged off the majority of fire.

Black knights, shame 4 died in the opening salvo, they could have done so much more if i'd been able to use the -1T grenade on your Ork blob. still, the one remaining guy needs a promotion! taking on an Ork blob running them off and slaughtering what was left, then charging the barges. Give that man a banner.

The Tac squads did exactly what they needed to, held my back line and shot anything that came in range.

Fun game and i think a draw was the fairest result. thanks for being patient on what everything was in your army!

I enjoyed. Good to meet the Dark Angels Angel
Small tweak to the list

Orcrons
Vargard Obyron
5 Warriors Scythe
5 Warriors Scythe
5 Warriors Scythe
10 Immortals
Annihilation Barge
Annihilation Barge
Annihilation Barge
Orks Allies
Big Mek KFF PwC boss poll
30 Boys nob PwC boss poll +1 Big Shootas
30 Boys nob PwC boss poll +1 Big Shootas
3 Kannonz 6 ExtraGrots 3 Ammo Runts

I am happy with the Necron part of the list so no changes. I have put a boss pole on the big mek as the nob does not always stick about with character precision shots. I have also split the big shootas so each squad has one to help with wounding further.

Orcs vs. Wraiths
So far I am pleased with what the orcs have been doing. Compared to the wraiths the strength is definitely in survivability. The shooting I kind of wrote off but has been useful even if I can't rely on it. The board control is strong pushing to mid field and denying movement. I have messed up my own movement a few times getting clogged up and need to practice this. The few games I have played I think the general plan has worked and I am keen to keep the orcs. .

My options where
1. I could swap out either of the orc squads for a unit of 6 wraiths but the synergy was not as great.
2. I could drop the orcs completely and find another 22 points (drop 2 immortals and swap HQ for a D Lord) and get 18 wraiths. It would work in a similar way but would be faster moving and not score (mostly).
Keep the Orks. I hated having them charging into midfield. and their shooting just from the sheer volume of it did a job on my Black Knights
I can't make the shop Sunday. I have booked up to 3 tables to use though so plenty of room.
Right so with rob and Ben's revelation that i dont get interceptor past the end of my turn on the contemptor (been playing/reading that wrong, sorry!) im going to have to revise my list.... Watch this space
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28