Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: 40k campaign
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Just as guideline so people can start list creating if you like, 1500 points is the size of the general army(resisiting 1750 as people struggle to finish them and would like people to have 20 mins or so at end to work exp) and 500 point is the scouting force size.
Allies - If you want to take allies for your main army, it has to be from the same army as your Team mate. (ie Alans eldar can take Imp guard allies only, as he is partnered with JJ who uses Guard)
So if you planning to use allies, pick a partner that has the allies you want to use!
Good idea on the 1500pts, makes it easier to finish a game in the time and not so rushed.
(21-11-2012, 05:33 PM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]Allies - If you want to take allies for your main army, it has to be from the same army as your Team mate. (ie Alans eldar can take Imp guard allies only, as he is partnered with JJ who uses Guard)
So if you planning to use allies, pick a partner that has the allies you want to use!

*******! Tongue

Hmm, gonna have to make a choice between Guard or SW

As for 1500pts - good call!
(20-11-2012, 07:13 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]OK cool Smile How's the Chaos force going?

Waiting (still) for a lot of it to be delivered. Really going to have to start nagging Total Wargamer to find out whats going on. At least i can start making some lists now though.
(21-11-2012, 06:22 PM)Embolden Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-11-2012, 05:33 PM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]Allies - If you want to take allies for your main army, it has to be from the same army as your Team mate. (ie Alans eldar can take Imp guard allies only, as he is partnered with JJ who uses Guard)

*******! Tongue

Lol, thought you might say that, but thought it was the best way to keep it fluffy.
Will also make more sense if we get some bigger combined games on the go(ie 2v2 etc)
A little feedback needed as well please, i want it so generic Independant characters can get better as the campaign goes along, what people think of the below table? Okay? To high? Please remember that theses are rolled for randomly, so you may not get them!
The first stat is the most that can be added onto your base stat line and the second is the most any character can go to.
M WS BS S T W SV LD
- +3(8) +3(8) +2(7) +2(7) +2(5) 2+/3++ 10
These will be rolled for in a similar style to necromunda and will be for your HQ Independant Characters only. They will not happen if your IC is a named Character (Yarrick, Draigo etc)
I like mate, I also agree with the allies just gotta make up some lists and see what Ben thinks.
(22-11-2012, 03:28 PM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]A little feedback needed as well please, i want it so generic Independant characters can get better as the campaign goes along, what people think of the below table? Okay? To high? Please remember that theses are rolled for randomly, so you may not get them!
The first stat is the most that can be added onto your base stat line and the second is the most any character can go to.
M WS BS S T W SV LD
- +3(8) +3(8) +2(7) +2(7) +2(5) 2+/3++ 10
These will be rolled for in a similar style to necromunda and will be for your HQ Independant Characters only. They will not happen if your IC is a named Character (Yarrick, Draigo etc)

This could get mighty interesting combined with my Demon Weapons and my Chaos Champion rolls......
Not sure about rolling to get a better save since that comes under equipment? Guess it could represent obtaining a tasty piece of wargear. Also what happens if you roll that and your save is already that good - this goes for characterisitcs as well. Is the roll then wasted or do you get to re-roll? Otherwise looks good.
(22-11-2012, 06:55 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure about rolling to get a better save since that comes under equipment? Guess it could represent obtaining a tasty piece of wargear. Also what happens if you roll that and your save is already that good - this goes for characterisitcs as well. Is the roll then wasted or do you get to re-roll? Otherwise looks good.
Planning to follow the Necromunda style of a re-roll if you roll a characteristic that you have already maxed out. Will probably follow that table as well with you able to gain new skills(Possibly warlord Traits?). Not sure if plan to have it so you can improve saves, if i do it will require a double 6.

For those not sure what i am on about with the necromunda table it is below-

2D6 Result
2 New Skill. Choose any of the Skill tables
and randomly generate a skill from it.
3-4 New Skill. Select one of the standard Skill
tables for your gang and randomly generate
a skill from it.
5 Characteristic Increase. Roll again:
1-3 = +1 Strength; 4-6 = +1 Attacks.
6 Characteristic Increase. Roll again:
1-3 = +1 WS; 4-6 = +1 BS.
7 Characteristic Increase. Roll again:
1-3 = +1 Initiative; 4-6 = +1 Leadership.
8 Characteristic Increase. Roll again:
1-3 = +1 WS; 4-6 = +1 BS.
9 Characteristic Increase. Roll again:
1-3 = +1 Wounds; 4-6 = +1 Toughness.
10-11 New Skill. Select one of the standard Skill
tables for your gang and randomly generate
a skill from it.
12 New Skill. Choose any of the Skill tables
and randomly generate a skill from it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14