Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tau coming April, New pictures addded, it’s released April 6th.
Well my stuff is showing as dispatched as of this morning on TWG, so hopefully it got sent yesterday.
Hoping against the odds it turns up today so I can spend weekend painting and planning lists......
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
heres hoping mate!

btw most of tuesday night i will be drooling over the codex during our game! :p

Lol, i just want it to turn up now so i can plan out a list! Already have some ideas, but until i get codex in hand i can't plan out properly!
Thinking three maxed out fire warrior squads minimum, 2 pathfinder squads, 1 flyer (not sure which, leaning more towards interceptor one), 1 hammerhead w/DJ special character, 1 Maxed out Broadside unit, Possibly skyray for anti air. Elite is the tricky one, want a riptide, crisis suit squad or 2, then wouldn't mind stealth suits....
For HQ got to have a Crisis suit commander with bodyguard, then either an etheral (depending on the boosts it gives) or a fireblade cadre for extra shots. Plus sprinkle in some Devilfish with remaining points...
May use a Aegis, not sure yet.
Blood bowl Skaven
FAQ'd already-
ERRATA Page 32
Warlord Traits Replace the introductory paragraph with: When generating Warlord Traits, a Tau Warlord may either roll on one of the Warlord Traits tables in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook, or roll on the table presented on the right.
Page 95 - Drones list
Add the following note to Missile Drones
* May only be taken by models equipped with Broadside battlesuits
There goes my missile drone spam list..... Sad
Blood bowl Skaven
Some solid rules/Info has hit, waiting for the pulse rifles to be FAQ'd. I am assuming they are supposed to 30" as always-

PULSE RIFLES ARE RANGE 24" in the summary and 30" in wargear!!

All suits have multi trackers and blacksun filters

Army special rules:
bonding knife - unit benefits from heroic morale even without a n IC

Supporting fire - any unit within 6" of a unit that an enemy has declared a charge against can overwatch, only 1 overwatch per unit still applies.

Warlord traits
1 enemy models cannot take "Look out sir!" if warlord has no ranged weapons reroll this result
2 one use only, at the start of your shooting phase you can declare this ability and all friendly codex units reroll 1s to hit
3 3d6" jet thrust moves, if no jetpack reroll
4 one use only, at the start of your movement declare this ability and all units that have gone to ground act as normal
5 one use only, at the start of your shooting phase declare and get skyfire
6 warlord and any unit he joins does not scatter when deepstriking, if no deepstrike reroll

Support systems ( each has a point cost and limits, give me some time)
advanced targeting system: any roll of 6 to hit is a precision shot, if on a character its 5 or 6

blacksunfilter: Ignore nightfight and blind

counterfire defence system: overwatch at Bs2

Drone controller: all gun, marker and sniper drones use the bearers Bs or the highest bs is there is mulitiple controllers

early warning overide: all models with this have interceptor

homing beacon: friendly units arriving by deep strike do not scatter as long as they are placed within 6"

Gravity wave generator: at start of enemy assault nominate one enemy unit within 12" and roll D3 reduce the assault by that many inches

Multitracker: can fire an additional weapon

Networked Marketlight: fire networked markerlight first, unit containing it can then use that market light counter

Pulse accelerator: add 6" on all pulse weapons in the unit

Positional relay: when within 6" of a boardedge and friendly tau outflanker can come from that edge

Pulse bomb generator: Sunshark only, after a bombing run on a 2+ it makes another bomb for later

Riptide shield generator: 5++

shield generator: 4++

stimulant injector: FNP to the model

target lock: fire at a different target then the unit

Vectored retro thrusters: fleet, hit and run, XV88 cannot take

Velocity tracker: can choose to skyfire

Vehicle battle systems
Automated repair system: at the end of each friendly turn roll a D6 for each vehicle with this rule that has suffered a immobilised or weapon destroyed, on a 6 it repairs one choosen by the controling play, DOES NOT restore hull points

Advanced targeting system: 6s to hit in shooting phase are precision shots

Blacksun filter: ignore nightfight

Decoy launchers: 4++ against glances and pens caused by weapons using Interceptor

Disruption pod: stealth

Flechette discharger: at the I10 step of the fight subphase any enemy unit takes an S4 ap - hit for each model in base contact

Point defence targeting relay: Can overwatch, but only with weapons S5 or less, drones can also fire with same restriction, in addition vehicle has supporting fire (HOLY POOOOOOOH!!)

Sensor spines: move through cover

Signature systems
Command and Control Node: if the model carrying doesnt shoot all other models in unit can reroll failed to hit rolls until the end of phase, can be used with multi spectrum sensor suite, cannot be used in overwatch

Failsafe detonator: If the model carrying this is slain, immediately place a large blast over it before removing, all models under, freind or fore suffer a S5 ap- hit, wounds count towards combat results.

Multi spectrum sensor suite: If model carrying does not shoot unit gains Ignores cover, cannot be used in overwatch

Onager gauntlet: Trade all attacks for 1 S10 ap1 attack.

Neauroweb system jammer: start of enemy shooting nominate one enemy unit within 12", All shooting weapons in unit gain Gets hot til end of phase

Puretide Engram Neurochip (seriously getting sick of your gak tau codex with these long ass names): at start of bearers movement choose one of the following: counterattack, furious charge, monster hunter, stubborn, tank hunter, last till his next movement phase.

Repulsor Impact field: at start of fight sub phase at I10 step inflicts D6 S4 ap- on each enemy unit that successfully completed a charge against the bearer or his unit

XV8-02 Crisis Iridium battlesuit: +1 T sv2+

RIPTIDE STUFF
starts at 180pts
Comes with Heavy burst cannon and TL SMS, riptide shield generator, shielded missile drone (shield generator + missile pod)

Supporting fire, Nova reactor (riptide shas'vre only)

may exchange sms for TL plasma rifle, or TL fusion blaster for free

may exchance heavy burst cannon for Ion accelerator for 5pts

2 additional shielded missile drones at 25pts each

may take 2 support systems

Heavy Burst cannon: rng 36" S6 ap4 heavy8
Nova charged Heavy 12 gets hot, nova charged, rending

Ion accelerator: standard 72" S7 ap2 heavy 3, overcharge S8 ap2 heavy 1 large blast gets hot, NOVA CHARGE!!!!! S9 ap2 Ordnance 1 gets hot large blast Nova charge

Nova Charge:
At start of movement declare you want to use the reactor, on a 1 or 2 something goes wrong and suffers a wound with no saves of any kind and the attempt fails. Other results choose one of the following and last til next movement phase:

Nova shield: 3++

Boost: 4D6" thrust move

Ripple fire: the TL sms, plasma or fusion can fire twice and count as firing one weapon, (You only get one of those so its not crazy)

NOVAAAAAAAA CHARGE!!!: Nova charge the heavy burst or Ion dingy.

Darkstrider

Dark strider has a 5+ recon armour (nothing extra) has pulse carbine, photon grenades, blacksun filter, markerlight

special rules: Outflank, scouts, supporting fire

can only join pathfinders or firewarriors

can consolidate D6 immediately after firing overwatch before the enemy moves.

special system:
when firing at a non vehicle unit they suffer -1T cannot be used while snap firing, applies to him and his unit.

Broadsides
1 -3 start at 65pts, extremely bulky, supporting fire, TL heavy rail rifle (60" s8 ap1 heavy 1) TL SMS
Can switch out rail rifles for high yeild missile pods for free
Can upgrade to plasma rifles from SMS for 10pts
Each can take 1 support system and 2 drones
Can be bonded for 1pt each

Cadre fireblades
60pts
Comes with a markerlight
Special rules: IC volley fire, split fire and supporting, may take 2 drones.

Standard fire warrior profile +2ws +2bs +1I +2A Ld9

Volley fire: if stationary your pulse rifles and carbines get +1 shot

Split fire: see rulebook

Ethereals
Etereals get IC, stubborn, all units within 12" use its Ld, gives up 1 extra VP if he dies

The auras is the invocation of the elements, it works on all models in 12", at start of each ethereals movement phase pick one ability and it lasts until the next movement phase the abilities are:
Calm of tides: all models get stubborn
Storm of fire: when firing with pulse weapons (including kroot rifles with pulse rounds) you get an extra shot, this does not stack
sense of stone: feel no pain 6+
Zephyrs grace: can snap fire after running.
Blood bowl Skaven
Anyone have any idea how tall a Riptide is so i can find a model to proxy it as?
Blood bowl Skaven
have a look on the GW frontpage, got an image of all the different battlesuits lined up
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(08-04-2013, 12:24 PM)manrogue Wrote: Anyone have any idea how tall a Riptide is so i can find a model to proxy it as?

I have a dreadknight you can borrow which i assume will be a similar size?
Yeah i spotted that,(seems to be 2 and 1/2 crisis suits) i was after the specific inches so i could get something very close to it out the Gundam cabinet.....
Blood bowl Skaven
(08-04-2013, 01:19 PM)Nick1988 Wrote:
(08-04-2013, 12:24 PM)manrogue Wrote: Anyone have any idea how tall a Riptide is so i can find a model to proxy it as?

I have a dreadknight you can borrow which i assume will be a similar size?

Think it is the same size, do you what a Dreadknight is in inches? Sorry to be a pain! Tongue
Blood bowl Skaven