Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tau coming April, New pictures addded, it’s released April 6th.
Thank you very much kind sir!

Is it me or does that big drone look like it fits inside the top of a Devilfish?

Liking the look of the Riptide the more i see it as well as the Broadside, looking like the plastic pathfinders come with a few customisation options, like Rail rifles and some kind of laucher?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
No worries, didn't want to see the sad panda make an appearance Wink
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Some very specific rule rumours breaking-

Rules as they come! Report Reply
Kirby · 2 hours ago
Skyray can shoot and ground and air targets (one assumes at full BS).
Stealthsuits are better at overwatching shooting at BS2 (yay...).
Special character is "like" Chronus for tanks.

Tank Hunters. Potential cover boost. Tank can overwatch.

Hammerhead roughly 160-170 WITH character. Special Pathfinder - Nightstrider.
Shadowsun has split fire. Maybe.
Riptide roughly is T6/W4/2 Sv/5 invul with the special option working on a 3 or higher (i.e. 3plusplus , better blast, etc.). Around 175 pts with Ion Cannon (S8 Ap2 blast; super charge takes to S9?).
It'll be some super burst cannon; S6/7 with more shoots, etc. It won't be the option that's used though.

Base is 5++ ya - the power up goes to 3++. But doesnt always happen (sigh random)

Notice the missile pods on the shoulder pads as well so they're more likely to be used than the Burst Cannon i.e. Ion Cannon + missile pods is likely to see use; potentially Skyfire as well based on cost.

Maybe more than 4 wounds - 5 wounds!? And more gun options outside of Ion cannon - supporting missile pods?

Are my crisis suits becoming obsolete?

Fast Attack is where new fliers are going and we still have Pathfinders and Piranhas (which are cheaper I think).

Having two good units in a FoC is good - more is better as long as every FoC has this. So we just need to hope the other FoCs are just as good haha.

All Ion weapons have a 'supercharge' option but at a risk (gets hot?). Drones can have Ion weapons
Interceptor drones are in!
heavy drones with actual weapons AFAIK. They are a FW unit iirc which has been moved to 40k.
Repulsor field. D6 s4 ap- hits to attacking units at I10
Supporting fire allows other Tau units within 6" to overwatch a charging unit as well. Not sure if this is all Tau units or just specific types.
Markerlights are for all intents and purposes, the same. Buff BS, remove cover. BS can be buffed for Overwatch but not sure if this counts for Skyfire, too.
6 different types of drones.

Grav inhibitor
pulse accelerator
recon drone (which can fit in the turret cupola of a devikfish and provide communication relays and fire support)
Cadre Fireblade -

IC with split fire, markerlight, supporting fire, volley fire (+1 shot for Pulse Rifles/Carbines if unit and IC do not move).

Upgrade for Fire Warrior units - not sure if an actual IC or just has LoS! properties, etc.
There were some solid thoughts on Kroot before with rules, etc. but since they might not have new models soon, they might not want to showcase them. But yes, quite possibly they have been cut until this silly ally supplement book which would be frustrating but that would be very strange as GW generally never removes units from books. Squats being the exception.

Flyer-
AV11, lots of S6/7 shooting 150+ pts
Blood bowl Skaven
New rumour-
The Dude over at Warseer wrote:
Just heard the following:

Activating the Riptide's Nova Engine is risky. It only works on a 3+. If it fails to activate (roll of 1-2) the Riptide suffers a wound.

The weapon buff result for the Nova Engine supposedly buffs the large blast of the Ion Accelerator to S9 AP1, so there's your anti tank gun

Also, apparently Broadsides with missiles get 4 shots each at S7 AP4.

Of course I'm not sure the mechanics of the Nova Engine, but it appears to me to be a simple random table with1-2 being take a wound and 3-4 being one of the four rumoured buffs. If this is the case, you wouldn't be able to rely on it happening.

Also, if the charged profile does have a drawback like Gets Hot, you are twice risking self harm to get that one mega shot off.
love to see the SMS ignoring cover, even if it doesn't get s7 ap4. the nova engine seems to make sense the way the dude described although i can see it on a roll of a 1 to lose a wound and a 2 no effect, then whatever else afterwards. whatever it is, it is though and i won't have any complaints either way because i have a feeling it'll be awesome no matter what.

I was explicitly told rolling a 1-2 will cause a wound.

Neko wrote:
I didn't get any impression of the Nova reactor giving random effects (other than the chance to kill yourself of course). As always though, I could be wrong.
Blood bowl Skaven
And we have our teaser vid and confirmation that preorders are up 30.03.2013-
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/bl...id=8300066
Blood bowl Skaven
New Pics, well excited for this now!

Attached Files Image(s)

Blood bowl Skaven
Those flyers remind me of These

Even more pics on this site, Including a lots of missile broadside-
http://advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic....&start=600

Edit- And prices
Riptide - £50
Flyer - £40
Hammerhead / Skyray £35
Battleforce £80
Pathfinders £20
Broadside £30
Battlesuits £45
Cadre Fireblade £12
Tau Battlesuit Commander £25
Farsight £30
Darkstrider £11
Longstrike £9.50
Blood bowl Skaven
The new tau has landed!

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalo...tyle=wh40k

Yep, went live at 11:57 last night, not that i waited up for them or anything...... Tongue

Wayland and TWG both have them at 30% off until Monday as well.
Blood bowl Skaven