Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halo themed Imp Guard army
I'm playing Malifaux the 4th of sept, but the week after? I'll give your Horde a game :p

Sounds good, mass flash lights FTW! : p

Orks huh? Not faced either necrons or orks with my guard, should be fun!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Had some hanging around in the garage, not tried the Allies thing, or fliers, or my Necrons yet so I'm gonna try out all 3 at once! Necrons are a bit limited in the Allies they can take, with Orks and to a lesser extent Chaos Space Marines being possibly the fluffiest choices rather than Tau or...Grey Knights...! How would Grey Knights Ally with Necrons? Not even desperate allies, but allies of convenience!

Tau would go quite nicely with Necrons though...No! must not buy any more models!!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Was gonna Run some allies with my list but decided i wanted to try out this Horde guard list now i have the models for it. Interested to see if weight of fire works well for me, if i first rank second rank that is potentially 180 lasgun shots a turn, 270 if you get within 12 inches......
Blood bowl Skaven
That's... 7.5 TEQ wounds.

I'm liking my horde guard at the min, quite fun to play with. Still not got to see my 30 man blob squad in full effect yet, but thinking they can do a job either closing in and shooting stuff or holding an objective.
3 flyers work a charm, and still can put out at least 4 large blasts a turn with the list.
Aegis defense line is a brilliant thing for me to have as means i am guaranteed a 4+ save which is vital for my guard.
Looking forward to seeing how it evolves as i play more games with it!
Blood bowl Skaven
What's the list at the moment?

Off memory it is something like this-

1 company command, camo cloaks, astropath, vox
1 company command, lascannon, vox
1 platoon
1 platoon command with vox, lascannon
4 squads lascannon, Vox
1 platoon
1 platoon command vox
3 squads vox
3 vets (3 plasma, 3melta, 2 flamer, heavy flamer)
2 vendettas
1 valkyrie, rocket pods
Manticore
Griffon
Aegis defense line, quad autocannon
127 models
Blood bowl Skaven
Wow that's a lot of infantry, looks good! Is it worth putting a commissar, flamers and maybe autocannons in the blob squad? Flamers make for decent combat defence, with the commissar making it unlikely they're going to run.

(22-08-2012, 08:38 AM)Embolden Wrote: Wow that's a lot of infantry, looks good! Is it worth putting a commissar, flamers and maybe autocannons in the blob squad? Flamers make for decent combat defence, with the commissar making it unlikely they're going to run.
Was thinking of putting a flamer and commissar in there, think i will run as is at first though and see how it plays.
Was thinking of taking Creed as well to make that Squad scouting and to issue 4 orders.
At 2000 pts i could make a list to include all the bits i want, but at 1750 it needs more careful planning to suit my camping style. Tongue
The core bits of my army that i don't want to drop are about 1400 pts......

Blood bowl Skaven