Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halo themed Imp Guard army
As mentioned i'm gonna do my Imp Guard army around a Halo theme, and i'm after a bit of help.
I want a couple of 28 mm pelican to use as a vendettas, as anyone seen anything i could use/convert?
Think i'm gonna go with a Elysian themed army, that way can also use Warthog's as Tauros as well.....
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5150 gives a 3d model that i had a look on
my intial reaction was this cnt be done or it would need heavy costly converting if ur useing 40k models but haveing a quick browse i think im a little closer at finding somthing to work with
1) tau yep with the smooth armour of theirs works with the halo textures whereas the imperial guard have a rough design to them
2) i think its the stike or lighting aircraft has a single glass canopy whereas the vendetta has a double one
other than that ull require lots of plasticard and a carzy imanagtion/skills to pull it of
the warthogs are easy my friend made one when the frist halo game came out he used a landspeeder wheels and plasticard it look auswome
Gonna do it the opposite way round and convert an actual warthog to look 40k like. Got couple of action clix ones on the way. Trying to find a warthog transport(one without the gun) act as chimeras, no luck so far though.....
Good idea on the tau ships, gonna look at that to see if can convert.
It will be more of a fun than competative army, so will go with a Halo feel 1000 points backed up with some other bits.
Blood bowl Skaven
i would let you use space marines/greykinght squard to act as spartans if you convert them lol could make them into the reach squard with sniper combate etc lol house rules
or just normal marines grey kinghts since they are better than the normal guys anyway
Lol, exactly what i was thinking, a elite Spartan squad of some kind as an elite slot and Master chief as a special character using the rules of someone.........
Blood bowl Skaven
one of the assains or a speical chather
or a home made cather ie a space marine chapter master with a assult 4 gun at ap4 streagth 4 at bs5 (battle riffle) with a master force weapon shaped like one of the conervent swords lol particularly erternal warrior rule Smile 165pts
(28-01-2012, 07:28 PM)manrogue Wrote: As mentioned i'm gonna do my Imp Guard army around a Halo theme, and i'm after a bit of help.
I want a couple of 28 mm pelican to use as a vendettas, as anyone seen anything i could use/convert?
Think i'm gonna go with a Elysian themed army, that way can also use Warthog's as Tauros as well.....

fortress of arogence or big leman russ = scorpion
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
Possibly just found an easy warthog than converting-
http://www.beastsofwar.com/wp-content/up...-Scout.jpg
Blood bowl Skaven
(09-02-2012, 04:46 PM)manrogue Wrote: Possibly just found an easy warthog than converting-
http://www.beastsofwar.com/wp-content/up...-Scout.jpg

As soon as you mentioned that I was wondering whether you'd seen the Antenociti models! Smile

Jed is on Twitter and is really helpful. Lots of good stuff on their site.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Gonna have a proper glance when get in as just about to finish at work for the day, some of the stuff looks ace though!
Blood bowl Skaven