Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Army
You need 5 death company marines per death company dreadnaught, but death company squads can be up to 30 marines in total, and count as troops. 25 DC marines in one squad leaves 5 troop slots for DC dreadnaughts, 3 slots in elites for Furioso and Librarian dreadnaughts, and 3 in heavy support for the standard dreadnaughts. Roughly 600 points on the 25 Death Company marines and a bog standard HQ, either librarian or captain, and the rest goes on Dreadnaughts and Drop Pods.
Decided that with the new rule set supposedly looming around the corner, i may not start another army until after it comes out, and focus on getting into something else, like maybe normal warhammer for the time being, while getting my Dark Eldar collection built up.
Ah, I was under the impression you needed 1 squad of DC per dread, my bad! so that's 11 dreads?? AWESOME!! Cannot win an objective mission (unless you table your opponent) and will struggle in KP missions because of the drop pods.. but will still be an AWESOME army to play with!
How will Drop Pods make you struggle?
They count towards kill points if destroyed.
And the enemy would be wasting firepower on the drop pods? If 8 Furioso and Death Company dreads landed next to me, and a further 3 are lascannoning my tanks to death, i think i would have other things on my mind than shooting at the drop pods.
(20-01-2012, 02:22 PM)Nick Wrote: And the enemy would be wasting firepower on the drop pods? If 8 Furioso and Death Company dreads landed next to me, and a further 3 are lascannoning my tanks to death, i think i would have other things on my mind than shooting at the drop pods.

True enough Smile, but if their are easy KPs available I would take those late game, than risk my KPs fighting a dread, but like I said, it really depends on the mission and how threatening thise dreads are and Furioso dreads are quite threatening!