Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interest in Lord of the Rings Campaign?
(24-03-2016, 10:25 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: At the moment I'm thinking of three options:
1. Your army can spend a turns movement to 'encamp' - it becomes a defence force. A new 500pt force is raised at your capital in the end phase. Any named heroes can of course 'transfer out' as per the current rules.

I was thinking about this over the past few days.. Yes, Defending positions would be difficult. I thoughts were "whatever force you took into battle for that particular node is what stays in that node to defend it" so would "encamp" automatically, bar the named hero's and newly named hero's - these could be substituted out for generic captains so the named hero's can move on to other nodes. So we just need to keep track on a thread for each node.

Another though for defending of attacking node would to be roll on a chart before the fight;
1= defending team gets ambushed.
2-5 = Normal fight
6 = Attacking team gets Ambushed

We'll need to work our rules for ambushed scenario's - there should be one in a source book somewhere, I'll have a look!

But this could be fun Smile What you do think Chris?

(24-03-2016, 10:25 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: 2. Just give every team an additional 500pt army raised at one of their capitals (this would be in addition to the 500pt army gained if you control 6 nodes).

Currently I'm happy with the two armies - If you add more armies then I think you may need to increase the nodes and pathways between them. other wise I'm happy Smile

(24-03-2016, 10:25 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: 3. Each node automatically gains a defence force of 500pts if a friendly army is not present. Only generic heroes allowed.

This would be covered above - but not for the freely taken nodes. So those would need to be given a defence force.

(24-03-2016, 10:25 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Also, if anyone gets stuck in their capital I'm going to give them a bit of help in the next battle in the form of a wizard or some monstery thing - might spice things up a bit!

Agreed If people get stuck a few times and it gets demoralising for them then it would be fun for them to have a monster or wizard.

On the flip side - If I was the one that was dyeing and stuck I would be happy to be killed off as it is a campaign and the aim is to kill people Big Grin Muhahahahah!!!!*Cough* Sorry about that.....!?

All in all, these are my thoughts and feel free to take what you like from them Smile
LOTR/Hobbit SBG: Rohan, Minas Tirith, Numenor, Mordor, Moria & Angmar, Isengard, Harad & Umbar, Eregion & Rivendel, Durins Folk, Fellowship, White Council

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interest in Lord of the Rings Campaign? - by Rob Lainchbury - 24-03-2016, 02:03 PM