Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Interest in Lord of the Rings Campaign?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
OK I'm interested in starting a Lotr (strategy battle game) campaign. I don't want it to be overcomplicated and would ideally like it to make sense thematically (no elves fighting hobbits). It would be great if we could get 4 players, 5 at a push but no more. I also don't want it to be open ended as I think a small campaign that doesn't peter out might work better, finishing with a 4-player battle would be nice!

Once I have numbers and forces people want to play I will try and cobble something together so we can start playing next month. Will be looking at my old white dwarfs for inspiration but if someone has a great idea (but simple!) just shout out. Thinking of a map with either provinces to fight over or each player has a mission and outcome of battles determine how far they proceed in that mission, with a more fluid map (no demarcated regions). Don't know yet.

I can take either Isenguard, Dwarves, Moria, Mordor, Minas Tirith or Elves (!) so will pick a force based on what others choose. I'd like two 'baddies' and two 'goodies' but the goodies must be able to fight each other - so dwarves don't like elves for example. Will try and make it fit somehow!

Looking at Stu, Paul and Matt (Brightblade), if you're interested nominate your force below, no duplicates.
i'd love to but i dont have appropriate models for it. if theres scope to borrow or use proxies (i have a lot of dwarfs i could use) then i'd be in
COUNT ME IN Smile
I'll probably look at Arnor or perhaps Rohan?
Yup sounds like a plan.

Bad boys.
We have plenty orcs and gobs, to use or lend, then some easterlings inc cavalry, and Harad types. And corsairs. Some ring wraiths and one of those flying wraith wyms. Wargs.

Good boys.
Elves and rohan and Rangers and Gondor.
Plus many characters.
Treebeard.

I could build an evil southern alliance, always wanted to buy a mumakil.... But happy to be anything...
OMG those fell beasts with wraith rider are 60-90 quid on eBay... I am really liking this model now!
If someone could give me an intro game before it starts, I could be up for taking part as Elves but don't have many.

1 Elrond
19 High Elf Warriors (8 Bow, 8 Sword, 3 Spear)
11 Men of NĂºmenor (8 Sword, 3 Spear)
(17-02-2016, 11:17 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: [ -> ]If someone could give me an intro game before it starts, I could be up for taking part as Elves but don't have many.

No problem JJ, I'm keen to play a lot more games so I'm sure we can sort some out.
If Chris wants to set up for four 'sides', suggest we can do that and teams.

If I did a southern-ish + easterlings alliance, that could be a team of two players.

Same size army split into two with two commanders... Sounds about right in the chaotic world of evil...

I dare say same could be done with dodgy alliance of dwarves and... Anyone really!

Just a thought Chris... Not hi-jacking Smile
That's a good idea Paul. I think Lotr lends itself easily to teams of two so could incorporate more players on that basis. Might be good if it was set sometime before the Hobbit books. Will have a little re read of 3rd age lore.

So, so far we have:
Ben - Dwarf proxies (a lost clan from the Far East?!)
Stu - Rohan or Arnor
Paul -evil southern alliance (Easterlings/Harad)
JJ - possibly Elves
Chris - looks like I'll go for baddies for balance so either Uruk Hai or Mordor. Maybe time to break out the Trolls!

Anyone else?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14