Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interest in Lord of the Rings Campaign?
(18-03-2016, 01:30 PM)Rob Lainchbury Wrote:
(16-03-2016, 03:30 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: You are allowed to use an ent. You may pick heroes from the Durins folk list and include an ent as a warrior with one of those warbands.

Just to clarify; between us in our teams (and two factions) we can we can mix and match our war bands from anything listed????

I'm happy to mix our army's and only take for our teams factions. (I know I queried last week if I could take wargs using the Knight of Umbar as a mordor contingent) <---- The answer was no - which was fair enough - stick to your teams factions. I just love warg riders Big Grin

However, Mixing war band can get problematic for some armies with special rules. Haradrim, Easterlings and Arnor being a few. My suggestion would be to keep the war band legal as these special rules would possible a/ give an unfair advantage b/mess up the special rules.

For example; Harad can have a bow limit of 50% if there use only 4 types of unit (a,b,c,d) if type E is used in the force or contingent then it goes down to 33%. If I took an easterling captain and Used Type A units from Harad - this is a mixed war band from where??? what special rules do I use Harad or Easterlings.

Summing up; Personally I'm Happy to mix the army but not the war bands. Reasons above. Ultimately (as Chris say's) this is everyones campaign so I'm happy with democracy we can go ahead with the mixed war bands if everyone wants to, or not - I just thought it was a good point to point out Big Grin

also I understand this makes it a bit difficult/ expensive to take an Ent I believe. Not sure what the option would be?!

Sorry Chris for giving you more things to think about!!!

Hi Rob. I was allowing Ben to take an ent as he asked and no one had asked before. In general no you can't take mixed warbands. I want people to use what they want but with certain limits and Ben using Ents brings them into the campaign which I figure is fun for all. Furthermore he has no access to cavalry or monsters otherwise so I thought it make make things more interesting for him. For him to include a hero from the wandering folk list in order to include an ent seems like to big a points chunk for him to ever take them, and although Ents are tough I don't think this is going to give him an unfair advantage. In fact if he takes one his model count is going to be pretty low....

Regarding you using the knight of umbra from the mordor list - the mordor list is already chosen by Will so you can't use Mordor. Furthermore you already have access to cavalry and a very largemonster elephant thing, plus camels and the mahud and half trolls and corsairs...

So to sum up, Ben's is a special case to include Ents. If this seems like favouritism then sorry but I think it's fair and fun for the reasons listed above. There are no mixed warbands in general.

I am also going to allow Stu to take Eagles since he has asked and they are also from the wanderer in the wild list, which in game seems designed to aid the good guys when they need it.

If you are unhappy with your army choice Rob then it's not too late to change - Moria, Angmar are still available for the bad guys, so if you wanted you could pick one of those instead - Angmar has access to warg riders. Whatever you decide I think the map positions are now fixed.

I hope that all explains my reasons for letting Ben take Ents as a special case. (And now stu to take eagles... Smile mainly coswhy not and it's fun and no one else is taking them)
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interest in Lord of the Rings Campaign? - by jaqenhgar - 18-03-2016, 02:07 PM