Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interest in Lord of the Rings Campaign?
I see what you're saying Rob. I wouldn't want to impose that limit on trolls as they are a lot more common (and a lot easier to deal with - shoot it full of arrows or transfix it, or mighty strike it with a hero - I took a Mordor troll out in 1turn once with my dwarves as I just surrounded it and it didn't roll a 6) but I had a similar thought as to maybe the 2turn limit was a bit harsh, so will have a think but will prob limit it to miss a turn if killed. It's like a super heavy monster rather than a normal monster like a troll.

What I really don't want to see is a mumak dominating the campaign as it would really give an unfair advantage to harad, so it all depends on if the rules for the mumak are balanced and it's costed correctly. I have reservations with GW on this front due to 40K really, and have never actually played against a mumak so have no idea if it is balanced or not. If people are finding the mumak unkillable I'm reserving the right to nerf it's use, but similarly if it seems to be reasonable to deal with during the campaign I may lift restrictions on its use.

So main points: I hear you; I don't want people to get fed up playing against it; I really want to keep the campaign fun for all, but also fair.

Anybody not fielding a Mumak got any thoughts on this? Am I being overly cautious/paranoid?!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interest in Lord of the Rings Campaign? - by jaqenhgar - 09-03-2016, 06:28 PM