Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interest in Lord of the Rings Campaign?
This is shaping up nicely Cool
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Hi Rob,

Assuming we are starting with 500 point armies per team.

If (only if) you want to try a Mumak, they roll in at 275 pnts including captain.

I will take Amdur, Easterling lord of blades (Hero) mounted and 6 Easterling Kataphrakts total 199 points. So 7 heavy cavalry in total.

You might as well use the other 26 points to have 3 or 4 bowmen...?

Could be a laugh...Tongue
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(21-02-2016, 08:18 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: I would like everyone to try and stick to the lore - ie don't ally Elendil with Aragorn as they were not alive at the same time. The campaign is set before the events in the lord of the rings and hobbit books, but after the fall of angmar so that's a good few years (a thousand or so?) of history it's set in. If you have a burning desire to take someone like Elendil or Isildur then can you just rename him and he can be a descendant.

So I'd be ok to take Gil-Galad and Elrond then?

I was contemplating having a mix of Rivendell and Lothlorien unless somebody wanted to use Lothlorien as well.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Hi Chris,

Apologies I havn't read the campaign rules yet on losses and replacements, so just thinking out loud here...

Matt asks, 500 pnts each or split in teams?

Maybe we could have 500 each, aiming at fielding a combined team of 500 pnts as our normal force. But if someone is not available, then one player can field the full 500 of his own force.

In this way we also already have 500 points of replacement troops in the wings per team...?
So assuming our partner is free, we field 250 points each. Interesting. I like it.

I also like sticking to lore. Feels like we are doing it properly. Nice!
(19-02-2016, 06:58 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: If anyone needs to see pts values for their troops in order to make a list I can take a pic of the relevant lists in Legions of Middle Earth and send it to you.

It looks like the points values differ between Legions of Middle Earth and the five race source books (Free Peoples, Fallen Realms, etc.), and some of the character options seem different. From what I can tell on t'interwebs the assumption is that the latter titles supersede the former - does that sound correct?
For 250pts I can field Aragorn and not a lot else Smile
(21-02-2016, 11:32 PM)Stuart Wrote: For 250pts I can field Aragorn and not a lot else Smile

I may be wrong but Legions of Middle Earth has slightly different values because it is old. Printed in 2006. The five sourcebooks are the 'go to' books for sbg, printed in 2011. Which is why they are so rare. I'm not sure how big the differences are but I think you pay more in legions.
(21-02-2016, 11:48 PM)Brightblade Wrote:
(21-02-2016, 11:32 PM)Stuart Wrote: For 250pts I can field Aragorn and not a lot else Smile

I may be wrong but Legions of Middle Earth has slightly different values because it is old. Printed in 2006. The five sourcebooks are the 'go to' books for sbg, printed in 2011. Which is why they are so rare. I'm not sure how big the differences are but I think you pay more in legions.

Cheers Matt, that does seem to match what I've read.

I bought two of the sourcebooks when the were released, and this week I've managed to track down hard-copies of the other three!
We had a sort out today, not counted all yet, but ~300-400 lotr figures.

I am quite happy painting only 7 cavalry... 14 models. May have them done for kick off.

Only point difference I have noticed so far is original easterlings captain was 50 points and came with 'elven blade'. Now he is 45 points with 5 point option for elven blade. No real change. But I havnt looked at a lot of point detail yet.