Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out with the Nids and in with this insane list!
Upgrade the razorback with T/L Laz and plaz? Solid upgrade, gives you 3 AP2 shots at 12" and a single T/L Str9 Ap2 for sniping enemy armour...
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"
OK guys, hope you are all ready for X-Mas! Have a great one.

Decided that the Razor and occupants may actually be a hinderance.

Narrowed it down to two choices. List has to be in for the 29th by the way.

Draigo and Mordrak
10 Paladins with Apo and tooled up to the max.
10 Grey Knights with 2 x psy cannons
Tooled up Land Raider Redeemer
Tech marine

Either all 10 GK's and the tekkie go in the Raider or I could combat detach half the GK's and put them into a bolstered ruin with the psy cannons.

With this list it is even possible to drop the paladins + Mordrak AND reserve a land Raider and occupants.

Mordrak and Coteaz
10 Paladins with Apo and tooled up to the max.
2 x 5 Grey Knights
Land Raider Crusader with added m-melta, storm bolter and psy ammo
Land Raider Redeemer with added m-melta, storm bolter and psy ammo

wanted to have the Apo for 'style'. Simple enough to drop him out and have the razorback and occupants.

Thoughts?
list2 for me mate, coteaz adds a lot and because the list has another threat in a second LR, list1 imo has too many points tied up in gk that will only see daylight turn5 if they're lucky.

in list2 i just wish there was the pts for something T5 that could tank a lot of shots.

I agree with rob for sure!!
Well ignore all previous posts and forget any practice games!

Mordrak isnt an independent character and cant join units - DOH!

So my list now looks like being

Draigo and Coteaz
10 Paladins with banner but no apo
Storm Raven carrying Dreadnought and unit of 6 acolytes with 3 x meltas
2 x Dread Knights
Dreadnought with assault cannon and doom fist

Deploy Blob and characters. DK's can either reserve or deploy. They both have incinerator and Psy cannon so have some range.

Thought is that DN with doom fist can be dumped by the raven somewhere and can still assault with S10 if needed.

What do we think?
That list will cause me more problems than your other one.

You can assualt out of the Raven with the DK? It is an assualt vechicle but did not know the dreads could assault.

Are paladins fearless?
The Paladins are fearless because of Draigo. The Drednought goes in the Raven and it can assault if the raven only moves 6" before dropping it off.
Whats the point of Coteaz in the list? just to make the henchmen troops?
also you seem to only have 2 troop choices? a bit light wouldn't you say?
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
I really don't think Dreads are all that great in 6th.

You can't assault with the Dread out of the raven unless it hovers and only moves 6" or less so it's threat range is limited for a direct assault. If you drop it after moving more than 6" it's going to die pretty much every time...

16 models of troops is surely not enough?
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"
(02-01-2013, 12:59 PM)Sincilbanks Wrote: I really don't think Dreads are all that great in 6th.

16 models of troops is surely not enough?

whist i disagree on the dreads (i think long range dreads are still a threat, especially contemptors) i couldn't agree more on the Troops, 16 seems way to few. i feel that i'm light when i put 20 on the table in a 1750 point Deathwing list and those are all terminators, over a third of yours have a 5+ save only.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss