Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out with the Nids and in with this insane list!
OK so after a good year with Nids I have decided upon this after three practice games. I bought most of this in 5th but when everyone started using Paladins I shelved it. Now that they are less popular I thought I would bring them forth. What do people think

Draigo Mordrak tag team
10 x Paladins with 4 x psy cannons, apo etc - 1265pts for this 12 man unit. Deep strikes turn 1 with no scatter

Land Raider Crusader with all possible guns and psy ammo
5 Interceptors (will be scoring) and 5 Strike Marines (Latter inside and others behind - imagine WWII German Stug!

Either razorback with HB or Tech marine if I can find a few points somewhere.

7 kill points. Yummy.

Thoughts?
(14-12-2012, 04:38 PM)The Count Wrote: Draigo Mordrak tag team
10 x Paladins with 4 x psy cannons, apo etc - 1265pts for this 12 man unit. Deep strikes turn 1 with no scatter

12 man unit? 10+ draigo+??

(14-12-2012, 04:38 PM)The Count Wrote: Thoughts?

if you run up against a lot of AP2 weaponry you could struggle, otherwise, its scary.

you can do the fire power in our pairing, my henchmen can hold the back field...i think i need a rhino or two to move them around.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(14-12-2012, 04:38 PM)The Count Wrote: OK so after a good year with Nids I have decided upon this after three practice games. I bought most of this in 5th but when everyone started using Paladins I shelved it. Now that they are less popular I thought I would bring them forth. What do people think

Draigo Mordrak tag team

Land Raider Crusader with all possible guns and psy ammo
5 Interceptors (will be scoring) and 5 Strike Marines (Latter inside and others behind - imagine WWII German Stug!

Either razorback with HB or Tech marine if I can find a few points somewhere.

7 kill points. Yummy.

Thoughts?

I like, no scatter is awesome, have you considered 2 flamers? They're STR7 AP4 IIRC, cheaper, so you can MC the 2 Psycannons.

I don't think the Techmarine has TA so cannot deep strike, the Razorback goes against everything you're doing, so maybe go for more Interceptors, the LRC is big, so you should still be able to hide, then Teleport out to score/contest with a much more durable unit.

(14-12-2012, 04:46 PM)Simian Wrote:
(14-12-2012, 04:38 PM)The Count Wrote: Draigo Mordrak tag team

12 man unit? 10+ draigo+??

(14-12-2012, 04:38 PM)The Count Wrote: Thoughts?

if you run up against a lot of AP2 weaponry you could struggle, otherwise, its scary.

you can do the fire power in our pairing, my henchmen can hold the back field...i think i need a rhino or two to move them around.

Draigo, Mordrak and 10 Paladins is the 12 man squad Tongue

Mordrak has worked so well for me! Have debated on a few occasions using Draigo too but I liked my other stuff to much haha
Also if you can find room to cram in Psybolt ammo on the paladins it usually works out in your favour, 16 s5 storm bolted shots along with psycannons or incinerators after deep striking in turn 1 usually guarantees 1st blood!
ah Mordrak. I missed that. nice!
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(14-12-2012, 09:43 PM)Simian Wrote: ah Mordrak. I missed that. nice!

To be fair, so did I, then Matt went on to say deep strike first turn then the penny dropped.

Yeah the Paladins have psy ammo. The land raider is scary with psy ammo - 6/12 t/l S5, 2 S5, 4 x t/l S7 rending and a multi melta - yowzer!!

Draigo is essential for two reasons - one is he makes the paladins troops and most importantly he is T5 eternal warrior with 4 wounds and a 3+ invul, so he mans it up at the front taking all the S8+ hits and then look out sirs the crappier shots.

Played three games so far and am loving it. The land raider is epic. I agree about the Razorback but actually it fits with the theme as it also hides behind the raider then darts out. Will try it but I cant even buy two more interceptors for the cost of it!

At 1750 I would drop it anyhow.

Anyway, whose first!!
I think you will get out maneuvered after you land the death star or can it move again like the interceptors teleport style?
No it cant, but will land where the action is thickest and rely on the vehicles and interceptors to jump about.

Time will tell but all is stuck together and ready for under coating so let battle commence!