Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Semi-Competitive Khorne Daemonkin
(27-04-2015, 02:21 PM)Dedwoods42 Wrote: I'll be grabbing a Thirster first, as I can't wait to paint one - the two Maulerfiends will probably be more effective on the board. Just a shame the model is so expensive. I'd magnetise both to have the option of running Forgefiends too, mind!

A trick I've seen used a lot, which is a bit dirty, is abusing Kor'Lath's rules.
Give to JuggerLord. Throw into combat. Get 7 Tithe points. Sacrifice Lord for Daemon Prince. Lord dies as a result of being sacrificed, Bloodthirster is generated. All wargear is transferred to Daemon Prince - get him in combat. He dies, and a second Bloodthirster is generated...
Dirty, but I like it.

Yep, JuggerLords are great. My standard CSM one with the Axe of Blind Fury gets serious work done against MEQ, so can't wait to try out a Daemonkin one. I've seen the Kor'Lath thing before and it's hilarious how the actual wording seems to support that too.

I've seen people magnetize Mauler/Forge Fiends but I didn't with mine. It's not entirely straight forward, as the kit lends itself to being one or the other, but I've seen some conversions where the forge fiend weapon arms are magnetized on the Maulerfiend's back on the top of the carapace. I'm sure there's a bunch of tutorials on it, but that looks quite good.
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55

Messages In This Thread
Semi-Competitive Khorne Daemonkin - by Dedwoods42 - 27-04-2015, 10:20 AM
RE: Semi-Competitive Khorne Daemonkin - by Agent0range - 27-04-2015, 03:51 PM