Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Semi-Competitive Khorne Daemonkin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Morning all.

I've been tweaking a Daemonkin list over the last few weeks, one that I think is pretty solid and potentially competitive - was looking for some feedback from more experienced players.

+++ Daemonkin (Comp) (1849pts) +++

++ Codex: Khorne Daemonkin (Blood Host Detachment) (1516pts) ++

+ Core (859pts) +

Slaughtercult (859pts)
····Berzerkers [7x Equip Chainaxes, Icon of Wrath]
········Bezerker Champion [Axe of Khorne, Boltgun, Plasma Pistol, Power Armour]
········7x Bezerkers in Unit [7x Bolt Pistol, 7x Frag Grenades, 7x Krak Grenades, 7x Power Armour]
····Bloodletters
········10x Unit size [10x Hellblade]
····Chaos Cultists [7x Equip Autopistols]
········Cultist Champion [Autopistol, Close Combat Weapon, Improvised Armour]
········7x Cultists in Unit [7x Close Combat Weapon, 7x Improvised Armour]
····Daemon Prince [Close Combat Weapon, Daemonic Flight, The Blood-forged Armour, Warlord]
····Possessed
········Possessed Champion [Close Combat Weapon, Power Armour]
········4x Unit size [4x Close Combat Weapon, 4x Power Armour]

+ Command (275pts) +

Lords of Slaughter (275pts)
····Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage [Great Axe of Khorne, Warp-forged Armour]

+ Auxiliary (382pts) +

Gorepack (382pts)
····Chaos Bikers [Icon of Wrath, 2x Meltagun]
········Biker Champion [Axe of Khorne, Bolt Pistol, Chaos Bike, Melta Bombs, Power Armour]
········2x Bikers [2x Chaos Bike, 2x Frag Grenades, 2x Krak Grenades, 2x Power Armour]
········Biker Champion [Axe of Khorne, Bolt Pistol, Chaos Bike, Melta Bombs, Power Armour]
········2x Bikers [2x Chaos Bike, 2x Frag Grenades, 2x Krak Grenades, 2x Power Armour]
····Flesh Hounds
········5x Flesh Hounds [5x Collar of Khorne]

++ Codex: Khorne Daemonkin (Combined Arms Detachment) (333pts) ++

+ HQ (150pts) +

Herald (150pts) [Juggernaut of Khorne, The Blade of Endless Bloodshed, The Brazen Rune]

+ Troops (183pts) +

Blood Sacrifice - Chaos Cultists (58pts) [7x Equip Autopistols]
····Cultist Champion [Autopistol, Close Combat Weapon, Improvised Armour]
····7x Cultists in Unit [7x Close Combat Weapon, 7x Improvised Armour]

Objective Suicide - Chaos Cultists (67pts) [7x Equip Autoguns]
····Cultist Champion [Autopistol, Close Combat Weapon, Improvised Armour, Take a shotgun]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

The plan would be:
JuggerHerald with Flesh Hounds. Brazen Rune + Collars of Khorne = 3+ DtW, which is nasty - then being able to pop the Rune to force Perils on any double can be a good counter for Invisibility-dependant Deathstars and the like. Fast, very killy, pretty cost effective.

Cultists from the Slaughtercult up front, screening everything else and running straight at the enemy. The intention is to have them shot up and hopefully fail a morale test so they can be sacrificed for Blood Tithe points. Champions at the front to minimise Ld.

The other 3 waves of cultists behind the fast CC units, either sticking to cover to move onto objectives or charging straight into the jaws of death, depending on the game type.

The two units of Melta bikes moving up flanks and hitting any vehicles that need putting down, or charging into combat and tying up units early on.

Bloodletters in the third wave, either getting killed as a sacrifice or trying to get into combat with any MEQ units or objective sitters.

Berserksers the same deal, but aiming for weaker infantry or anything that needs tying up or sweeping.

Possessed very situational - hitting the bigger, tougher units and trying to be ignored initially as they're a small unit that can stay out of the way.

Daemon Prince - Assassin unit. Fast, killy and the Blood Forged Armour makes him pretty survivable. Depending on enemy - either jumping from turn 1 for a turn 2 assault, or Swooping first turn and aiming for turn 3.

D-Thirster - very much the same as the Prince, but more going after big targets like Knights and the enemy Warlord. May switch out for one of the other two 'thirsters, depending on how he performs, as I1 is a pain.

Very much open to suggestions on units makeup etc, as I haven't yet got any of the Daemons and I'm still short of Possessed and Bikers.

The Blood Tithe plan: thanks to the Blood Host, the Blade of Endless Bloodshed, and the Slaughtercult (sacrificing cultists and double rewards) I'd be aiming to maintain FNP army wide for most of the game, after cultists have started dying - adding bonus attacks on big charge turns when necessary, and summoning a Skull Cannon for some ranged support. Late game the option should be available to replace the Bloodthirster when he dies, or the 'letters to maintain pressure or grab a late objective.

Currently considering dropping the Bloodthirster for a pair of Maulerfiends, and just aiming to Summon one.

What do we think then, RedWarSoc?
Wish i could give decent feedback but i am awful when it comes Chaos!
Haha, no worries! :-)
I like it! Should get loads of blood tithe points, and kind of similar to a list I've been thinking about. I like the JuggerHerald, seems like a nice cheap build and I hadn't spotted the Brazen Rune before. Seems like a handy item. Have you counsidered going really big with your flesh houds pack? If you put them on 50mm bases like the codex has them, they'll have a massive footprint and give you some serious board control.

Also, depending on your penchant for Berzerkers, you could switch them out for CSM in a Rhino, and they're then worth 3 BT points (squad, champ and rhino). It will make it an easy target, but hey that's the idea right? Smile

I've recently bought the Daemonkin codex too, and damn GW for making me want to buy loads of bloodletters and flesh hounds.

I'd second the two maulerfiend idea. I've yet to get myself a D-Thirster, but from what I hear the I1 makes it a bit more difficult to use. But maulerfiends are brilliant! If you feel you've got the anti-vehicle covered with the bikes, you could give the maulers lasher tendrils to reduce enemy attacks. Be useful against big targets with multiple attacks.
That's the plan!
I intend to get the Blood Tide box and convert the Crushers into two JuggerHeralds and a JuggerLord, they just seem like a great option.
I have, aye - thankfully they now come on the 50mm bases as standard, I may have to buy two boxes... It's just a points concern really. Trying to incorporate an MSU feel so the opponent is always making a bad decision when they focus a unit down.

That would definitely be a cheaper, probably more effective way of doing it - I'm just not sure I have it in me to drop my beloved 'Zerkers, especially in a Khorne list! I'm tempted to give them a Rhino and jump out of it first turn though, just for the extra Tithe point.

I'll be grabbing a Thirster first, as I can't wait to paint one - the two Maulerfiends will probably be more effective on the board. Just a shame the model is so expensive. I'd magnetise both to have the option of running Forgefiends too, mind!

A trick I've seen used a lot, which is a bit dirty, is abusing Kor'Lath's rules.
Give to JuggerLord. Throw into combat. Get 7 Tithe points. Sacrifice Lord for Daemon Prince. Lord dies as a result of being sacrificed, Bloodthirster is generated. All wargear is transferred to Daemon Prince - get him in combat. He dies, and a second Bloodthirster is generated...
Dirty, but I like it.
A re-tool would look something like this:

+++ Daemonkin (Comp) (1848pts) +++

++ Codex: Khorne Daemonkin (Blood Host Detachment) (1515pts) ++

+ Core (839pts) +

Slaughtercult (839pts)
····Berzerkers [7x Equip Chainaxes, Icon of Wrath]
········Bezerker Champion [Axe of Khorne, Boltgun, Plasma Pistol, Power Armour]
········7x Bezerkers in Unit [7x Bolt Pistol, 7x Frag Grenades, 7x Krak Grenades, 7x Power Armour]
····Bloodletters
········8x Unit size [8x Hellblade]
····Daemon Prince [Close Combat Weapon, Daemonic Flight, The Blood-forged Armour, Warlord]
····Possessed
········Possessed Champion [Close Combat Weapon, Power Armour]
········4x Unit size [4x Close Combat Weapon, 4x Power Armour]

+ Auxiliary (676pts) +

Gorepack (526pts)
····Flesh Hounds
········14x Flesh Hounds [14x Collar of Khorne]

War Engine (150pts)
····Maulerfiend [Daemonic Possession, 2x Lasher Tendrils, 2x Magma Cutters]

++ Codex: Khorne Daemonkin (Combined Arms Detachment) (333pts) ++

+ HQ (150pts) +

Herald (150pts) [Juggernaut of Khorne, The Blade of Endless Bloodshed, The Brazen Rune]

+ Troops (183pts) +

Objective Suicide - Chaos Cultists (67pts) [7x Equip Autoguns]
····Cultist Champion [Autopistol, Close Combat Weapon, Improvised Armour, Take a shotgun]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)
I don't know anything about the demonkin book but would love a game at some point either vs my necrons or dark Eldar, then we could feedback on each other's lists!

You free sometime next month for a game? If you haven't got the units I don't mind if you proxy before buying.

Chris
That'd be great Chris! I should be, perhaps the week after Escalation? I'd need to proxy it a fair bit, but I think I can do so. I'd proabably minimise it by adjusting the list a bit :-)
Cool, when's the next escalation?
Should be the 5th of May :-)
Pages: 1 2