Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Sharp Practice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
just read rules again, and even though you can decide what rank your big men are, they could be at a randomly determined level!! So your overall commander might not be the best commander !! Probably best to roll that up on the night. Had a quick look through those other rules, they look very similar, just no cards
Started to assemble my models last night - hoping to have them at least primed for next week!
still no models !! Still hope to have some assembled for tuesday., otherwise will proxy some zulu british
Hurrah figures finally arrived, box of french Infantry, Old guard, hussars and a box of highlanders. Still waiting for wayland order though after 2 weeks !! But at least I should have some figures assembled for tuesday. Vive la France
Right, based on my very limited grasp of the rules despite having read them several times, and on on the assumption the scenario is...
  • British vs. French
  • daytime
  • 3 big men each side
  • 3 groups of "good" troops each side
...then I think the cards we need are:

Main Deck
  • 6 Big Men Cards - one for each big man.
  • 2 Blinds Cards - one each for English and French
  • 4 Grasp the Nettle Cards - 2 for each side, one each for the two lowest big men statuses
  • 1 Sharp Practice Card - I think this is correct?
  • 1 Sentry Card
  • 1 Blank Card
  • 1 Tiffin Card
Bonus Deck
  • 3 Water Cards
  • 3 Stand Fast! Cards
  • 3 Ammunition Cards
  • 2 Forced March Cards
  • 1 Bugle Call Card
  • 2 Siesta Cards
  • 1 Vice l'Emperor Card
  • 1 Damnation! Card
  • 2 At the Double Cards
  • 2 Fuego Cards
  • 2 Ambuscade Cards
National Cards
  • British: 3 Thin Red Line Cards
  • French: 3 Pas de Charge Cards
That look about right? I'll bring some blank cards in case we need them to, and we can just write on them!
yeah sounds right to me. Just spent 3 hours glueing figures, and only got them based and with heads on!! Bit armless at the moment
All my 95th are prepped, based and primed now. Just got to get those cards printed out.
got one group all assembled, but not had time for other 2 groups. All though they do have legs and heads( Sounds like a Monty Python sketch!! Also got a drummer done and 3 big men. I do have some cards done , if you dont get time. I think this will get very bloody !!
Think I've managed to print out all the cards we'll need onto business cards. Got nothing painted aside from primer!

Looking forward to it!
Just made a handful of smoke stacks to represent reloading. Nothing like some last-minute modelling!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7