Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Halo themed Imp Guard army
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Got my 2 battle forces atm, not planning on adding anything to the IG force for another 3 months at least. DE and VC armies are taking priority, not touching the guardsmen until they are both made + mostly painted
(16-03-2012, 03:03 PM)Nick Wrote: [ -> ]Got my 2 battle forces atm, not planning on adding anything to the IG force for another 3 months at least. DE and VC armies are taking priority, not touching the guardsmen until they are both made + mostly painted

Thats how i wanted to do it but couldn't resist the offers........
Update on my armylist for those interested, settled on this for the time being-
HQ
Company command squad w/ regimental standard, vox caster,
Troops
Command squad W/ vox caster, chenkov
3 x infantry squads w/lascannon, vox caster
2 x veteran squads w/ meltaguns x3 in chimera
1 x Heavy weapon team w/ 2 x Autocannons 1x lascannon
1 x special weapon squad w/ meltaguns x3 (to go in vendetta)
Fast
Vendetta w/ 3 tl lascannon and heavy bolters
Devil dog w/ heavy flamer
Heavy
2 x Leman russ 1 w/1/battle cannon, 1 x lascannon, 1 w/ excutioner cannon, lascannon(squad)
1 x medusa
1 x manticore(IA version w/manticore missiles)
Updated to fixed list will be using for a while
Updated list
Had my second Corporation army turn up(big shout out Square orange games, superb delivery time and price!) , so have begun convert stuff up into 2 command squads so I'll have no GW infantry at all. Aprox £90 for around 90 troops from mantic compared to the similar stuff from GW being around £170 (2 battle boxes and 2 extra squads, only thing extra would be Sentinals) makes the extra work needed on the mantic stuff worthwhile in my opinion.
Also made a third melta vet Squad up, and 4 more lascannon stands.
Bought a deathstrike/manticore off ebay, just need to repaint it.
Just need to get some Vox casters off a bits store and glue them to the back of my infantry and all done.
Also based all the stuff i'd made before = quite a good week for my Imp guard!
Going to undercoat them all in a bit once the PVA dries.
[Image: IMG_0446.jpg]
^ that horrible moment when you realise exactly the size of the task ahead. All undercoated now, just got to start painting them tomorrow............
impressive stuff! Hope you are faster at painting than me!
May have got carried away on eBay and have a third Vendetta on the way.........
(09-08-2012, 07:09 PM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]May have got carried away on eBay and have a third Vendetta on the way.........

LOL!!

Looking forward to a good dogfight then Vince, I am bringing my three fliers next game!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9