Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Tuesday 16th September 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
As usual, Windmill Community Centre from 6.45pm till 10.00pm.

Please post in this thread to arrange games and offer tutorials, and I'll summarise here. As ever this is all just provisional and subject to further arrangements being made on the night, but helps give us a an idea of how many tables of a given size are required whilst minimising the chances of someone being left without a game!

If you need to cancel a game at the last minute then please try to get in touch with your opponent directly to let them know.

This week we have just the LARGE hall.

Provisional Games:
  • Stu, Paul, Justin, Dan, Sam, Tom, Si, Mick - Bolt Action
  • Craig & Gaz - Warhammer Fantasy 2000pts
  • Charlie & Will - Warhammer Fantasy
  • Chris & Matt - Dropzone Commander
Games Sought:
  • Rylan/Barron - Warhammer 40K 6th ed. 1000pts intro
  • Alan - X-Wing 100pts
  • Terry - Warhammer Fantasy
  • Dave - Warhammer 40K 7th ed. 1650pts
Are we pencilling in more Bolt Action this week?
(03-09-2014, 11:24 AM)Stuart Wrote: [ -> ]Are we pencilling in more Bolt Action this week?

Yup plan is to have a re-match, hopefully same teams will be available, but swap defending v attacking. [Ben you around?]

Other than swapping objectives if anyone has any other ideas to improve game, please shout.

We managed 5 of the 6-7 moves. Could have done all moves if we had been a bit more sprightly starting...

One reminder - squad sizes were meant to be 100 points-ish - I think JBs Ranger squad had a few too many men in it 9-ish figures (but I'm probably wrong!)

We must remember PIN MARKERS count -1 per marker when shooting.
Definitely up for this.

Changes muted by various people were perhaps less hard cover for the defenders, or maybe tipping the force balance in favour of the attackers a little. Implementing both of those together might be too much though?
Sadly im in Jordan this week.
Gutted.
(03-09-2014, 11:51 AM)Stuart Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely up for this.

Changes muted by various people were perhaps less hard cover for the defenders, or maybe tipping the force balance in favour of the attackers a little. Implementing both of those together might be too much though?

Unit numbers - Timewise I think we can do 8 units each (or 16 total) and get a whole game in. Actually the attckers had 10 units v 8 defenders (= +1 rusky +1 observer!!!). But freindly fire sorted that in turn two! So we had 18 units commanded. Maybe 18 is OK. I think 5 were destroyed.

The terrain set up was pretty much what I had in my head. As I see it the challenge for the attackers is getting squads across the table - without getting shot to bits. I thought attackers needed to cover the ground running (forget shooting for first two moves at least), using the light cover [which is what you started doing] (though there was heavy cover available in the ruined village - which you ignored) to minimise casualties. Some units at front get hit but those behind get across. The (indestructable) tank should definitely have charged across infront (also is hard cover) and wrecked havok.

I think it worked well enough. Your freindly fire that we are not talking about was a bad start. And we were forgetting the pin marker negatives so our shooting was probably better than it should have been early doors.

But when you did shoot, then yes the heavy cover for defenders was tough. But was it OP? Attackers are running -1, range -1, heavy cover takes to hit to 6+6 = 1 in 36. But light cover would just be 6's 1 in 6, that IS a big difference.

Mick's left flank defending unit in the wood, which was in action right through the battle, survived in light cover. Based on them surviving anyway and that big x6 difference then heavy cover does not appear necessary and should be less prolific. So maybe part of the defending side has some heavy cover and the rest is light.

Note: Next time round (as is) defenders will now have 10 units to 8 attacking...
Anyone for 2k points of fantasy?
(07-09-2014, 02:40 PM)Rebel Squirrel Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone for 2k points of fantasy?

Tag
(07-09-2014, 03:37 PM)Gareth Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2014, 02:40 PM)Rebel Squirrel Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone for 2k points of fantasy?

Tag

Okay no worries.

At the club are people playing with the new end times rules or standard?
I have a feeling only I bought a copy. Standard would be fine, unless you would rather not.
Pages: 1 2 3 4