Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Painting Participation League - Input Needed* NOW IN PROGRESS!
EDIT: League now live! Find the rules here!

So i was sat in Total Wargamer merrily painting in the corner as i do on a Sunday when i had an idea to get more people painting up their armies - a participation league.

How it'd work would be that you show me a model at the club on tuesday, then again the following week with the model painted. In an effort to fairness a ransom style photo with the advertiser would suffice.
And for your troubles you would earn points. With weekly and monthly best painted models put to vote on the forum for bonus points.

The idea being that this isn't direct competition for who can paint the best or fastest but who can put paint on one model a week If they want to.
Full participation is not mandatory. You can drop in and out at any time. I will keep a thread on the forum updated with a league table.

Points (provisionally)
1 for entering,
1 for consecutive participation
1 for consecutive army/faction/system
1 for basing
1 for assembly/conversion (discressionary)

Bonus points
1 full participation in a month
1 win weekly best painted
1 win monthly best painted

Prizes are pending but the winner of monthly best painted would have the prime spot on the front page of our website. With a gallery of past winners.
For other prizes i'm toying around with being able to 'spend' the points you aquire for things like hobby supplies and terrain, with potentially bigger prizes for the highest scoring person for the year and maybe quarterly.

I would love a metaphorical show of hands to see who would join in if i run this as well as feedback to the idea so i can get to refining the details and get you lot painting!
Sounds good to me, I have PLENTY to paint at the mo!

(06-08-2012, 04:29 PM)Embolden Wrote: Sounds good to me, I have PLENTY to paint at the mo!
Bought some guard then? Tongue

Sounds a good idea Amelia, only wish i could commit. Unfortunately my lad is at the age where when i try and paint he "helps". By which i mean throw my models around, blobs paint on and insists on sitting on my lap. Lol.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Great idea! count me in, I am very good at starting models and absolutely rubbish at finishing them so this should be a good motivation to at least get some of them finished!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Aye, count me in as well. While my painting skills are..... lacking somewhat, i'll give it a go!
What do we need?
We'll need biscuits, lots of biscuits......

Angry_Panda's website, it's not big, smart, or clever (or even finished for that matter!) but it's mine!!!

http://angrypandasbit.weebly.com/

If you want to play a game of something i own, then just ask!
(06-08-2012, 07:49 PM)Angry_Panda Wrote: Aye, count me in as well. While my painting skills are..... lacking somewhat, i'll give it a go!

LOL you've seen my GKs... you'll be in good company then.. :p

I am duty-bound to attempt at least to paint 1 model per week. The White Metal Mountain really does need to have a few less models converted over to the Painted Valley though.

Thinking I'll get started on my new Trollbloods starter box next week, using this week to get them assembled.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
So i've had lots of positive response about this so far so i'm going to start knocking up the full rules and will post an Entry Thread over in Painting and Modeling to get an idea of numbers.
If all goes well this shall be starting next week!
(06-08-2012, 03:14 PM)Meebs Wrote: So i was sat in Total Wargamer merrily painting in the corner as i do on a Sunday when i had an idea to get more people painting up their armies - a participation league.

How it'd work would be that you show me a model at the club on tuesday, then again the following week with the model painted. In an effort to fairness a ransom style photo with the advertiser would suffice.
And for your troubles you would earn points. With weekly and monthly best painted models put to vote on the forum for bonus points.

The idea being that this isn't direct competition for who can paint the best or fastest but who can put paint on one model a week If they want to.
Full participation is not mandatory. You can drop in and out at any time. I will keep a thread on the forum updated with a league table.

Points (provisionally)
1 for entering,
1 for consecutive participation
1 for consecutive army/faction/system
1 for basing
1 for assembly/conversion (discressionary)

Bonus points
1 full participation in a month
1 win weekly best painted
1 win monthly best painted

Prizes are pending but the winner of monthly best painted would have the prime spot on the front page of our website. With a gallery of past winners.
For other prizes i'm toying around with being able to 'spend' the points you aquire for things like hobby supplies and terrain, with potentially bigger prizes for the highest scoring person for the year and maybe quarterly.

I would love a metaphorical show of hands to see who would join in if i run this as well as feedback to the idea so i can get to refining the details and get you lot painting!

I like the idea on the whole, however I would advise avoiding giving points as a currency. You could find yourself out of pocket, which is not a good thing.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(08-08-2012, 06:41 PM)Gareth Wrote: I like the idea on the whole, however I would advise avoiding giving points as a currency. You could find yourself out of pocket, which is not a good thing.

It's a matter of balance, i'm going to play around with the maths this weekend. If it doesn't work out money wise then i'll think of something else.
I apreciate the concern though Smile