Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intial reactions to 6th edition
Played my second game of 6th against robs eldar, and am really tempted to do a foot guard list. Outflank also plays a more pivotal role as you will obviously deploy your best stuff at the back, meaning if you out flank behind you can kill the better parts of a squad.
Was an enjoyable game and I love how destructive this version of the rule set is!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Had a play around on my army builder and made a very tasty looking 1750 foot guard list. Unfortunately upon checking my models i don't have anywhere near the required the 140 guardsmen to do it....... : (
Blood bowl Skaven
Ouch, 140...guess Mantic will be getting some business then! I'm looking forward to trying out dualwing (Deathwing with Ravenwing biker support) and also seeing how Landraiders do in this edition.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Any of you guys registered on this forum below:

http://www.40konline.com/index.php

I've registered and requested 4 email notifications over the last 24 hours and not had a single one. I've triple checked my spam filter everything, but can't post on the site to try and solve the problem or contact an admin as you have to be registered FIRST ......

If you are can you see if they have problems with yahoo mail or hotmail accounts registering and maybe that's why I'm not getting an activation email ?
I just registered Dean, and the email came through immediately. If you want to drop me a PM with your registration email address I'll get in touch with the site admin for you.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I've decided that my upcoming Imperial Guard will be using a lot of Allies lists. First one i want to try is some Grey Knights terminators and a librarian, or maybe Commander Dante and some Sanguinary Guard and a bunch of Furioso Dreadnaughts. As much as i don't like the look of how my DE stand at the moment, i think overall i prefer the look of 6th over 5th, especially the Allies stuff. It means i can buy cool stuff from other races and simply throw it into my lists XD
Yeah, I think Impy guard with Grey Knights or Blood Angels allies will be a tough nut to crack!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(12-07-2012, 07:15 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Yeah, I think Impy guard with Grey Knights or Blood Angels allies will be a tough nut to crack!

Well, as a general rule i don't normally like Space Marines, Blood Angels ( for the Furioso) Black Templars (for being plain crazy) and Grey Knights (pro looking terminators) being the exceptions.
my queire with allies is they have their own focre organisation chart is that standalone or with the standard one ie could u take 6 normal troops and then 2 alliy troops or is it 4 troops plus 2 ally troops etc
Allies must take 1 hq and 1 troops choice. Then you can have 1 additional troop choice, 1 fast, 1 elite and 1heavy if you so choose.
Blood bowl Skaven