Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intial reactions to 6th edition
So i thought i would start a thread to gauge people reactions to 6th.
My intial reactions are as follows-
Vehicles are ALOT easier to kill, meaning a rejig of my army i think.
Infantry are more versatile with the snapfiring and being able to move and still fire rapid fire weapons.
Flyers look to be great, expect me to field at least 2 vendettas, probably more when i can afford it.
Overwatch is not as game changing as i thought it would be.
Overall, i like this edition more as it is more action packed, just makes me a sad panda that vehicles are as easy to kill as they are.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(03-07-2012, 11:09 PM)manrogue Wrote: ...just makes me a sad panda...

Would a chaingun cheer you up? Wink

Chris seemed to be enjoying the game, I take it he had some success in taking out vehicles!?

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(03-07-2012, 11:12 PM)Stuart Wrote:
(03-07-2012, 11:09 PM)manrogue Wrote: ...just makes me a sad panda...

Would a chaingun cheer you up? Wink

Chris seemed to be enjoying the game, I take it he had some success in taking out vehicles!?
Most of them were dead by turn 2, new rules threw me off big time! Blast templates used to be half strength if the hole wasn't on the vehicle, now it is full strength always. I didn't realise and deployed quite far forward. Good bye medusa that was deployed out of sight and it scattered onto. Demolisher glanced to death in two turns, both wthout firing.
Sigh. Good learning curve of the new rules though, i won't be doing it in future!

Blood bowl Skaven
I had a great time Smile

I'm really liking the new changes, although it's going to take a while to get used to them and work out how they affect each unit/army.

One thing I did notice aside from the vehicles going down easier, the flip side is that glancing hits can't stop your own vehicle from shooting or lose weapons etc. So although they die easier, they are harder to stun/shake so fire output is better.

Transports are faster, moving 12" and then 6" flat out in the shooting phase, so they are going to be great especially in the first turn or two to really put the pressure on.

Vince, I realised we forgot the look out sir rule that your sergeant could have had when he was the closest model.

Model placement within the unit is important to try and protect those special weapons (ala my meltagun guy who bought it). Also snipers/shots from characters are going to be good being able to pick out a model on a 6 to hit. Terminators are going to go down to massed shooting easier, since no wound allocation shenanigans.

Oh yeah, and large blast S10 ap1 shots from a vindicator are awesome Smile as are the new psyker powers (at least foo Dark Angels).

Trying to think about something I don't like and can't at the moment. Possibly the mysterious objectives are going to be hard to remember during the game, maybe some way of marking what they are would be good. Didn't get to try out any challenges so don't know what that's like yet.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Think that is why GW are releasing the objective dice, though may make some up I think.
Transports for guard aren't that great anymore, we need them as protection rather than to zoom across the table.
Look forward to playing more, I does seem lke it will be an improvement on 5th.
Blood bowl Skaven
My initial reactions; "That's a big Rulebook!"
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
My reaction is you can start Malifaux up for less than the Rules. You can start Malifaux and get Puppet Wars for as much as I paid.

I also thought, god that cover blows, hence the slightly fancy version.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Anyway...

I enjoyed getting a taster of 6th last night, although me and dan did get any of the rules right it was a laugh blundering about.

Smile

Wow they're expensive! May be a few months before I get them.
40k- Orks Infinity- Ariadna (ballard choice) Magic the Gathering
Sean (ME): "I wonder how many nails I can get in this box?"
I doubt i will be playing 6th, and i refuse to even go near it with Dark Eldar. Read through the rules, seems like most armies stay on par, space marines get buffed beyond belief, and dark eldar are hit repeatedly with a nerf stick. May try it out with Blood Angels, or my guard, but not anytime soon