Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malifaux UK GT 2012
The Crème de la Crème of Malifaux events, is scheduled to occur on November 3rd/4th. Currently at Maelstrom games, there is likely to be a £30+ entrance fee (due to recent changes at Maelstrom with regards to table hire, ask me if you want to know more.) However you can expect 6 or 7 games over two days, lunch provided and a heap of other fun (Quizzes, Nerf Gun fights, Fancy Dress competitions etc.)

If you only intend to attend one Malifaux event this year, this is the one for you.

I intend to attend, and it would be great for RedWarSoc to have a good showing. However, if you plan on coming up, be prepared. Last year featured a raft of different points level games, including 55ss Brawls. Most importantly this is likely to be a fully painted event. So get those brushes out, and RedWarSoc, represent.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
wheres maelstrom games?
entence fee is fine since my bday is the 7th so bank account will soon be top up Big Grin
so might be intreasted
The shop is located in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, which is about a 2 hour drive.

If enough people are interested we could end up with 5 or 6 of us from the club going. Myself and Amelia are interested which leaves room for possibly 2 more people (Luggage depending) in the car.

Gaz, are you staying in a hotel or driving back and forth all weekend?
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Might be worth sorting a Hotel or something. Jo's events run pretty late on a Saturday, and if your not in the area, it's a part of the weekends fun, wasted. However get a decent enough room, or possibly see if there is a house hire in the area, and it could be a real party.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
is that near nottingham? if so i may be able to acruire some rooms
if some some could give lift then would be very intrested not oppose to hotel idea either
I can give you a lift. And yes it's about 30 mins outside Nott.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Travel Lodge is costing £52 per night at a flexible rate (can cancel room), or £34 at a non-cancellation rate. Rooms can fit up to 3. Might be an idea to work out numbers, and start booking asap, to get the cheapest rates.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
count me in Smile
OK room booked for up to 3 people. £35.75 for two of us (myself and Alan I guess) or £23.85 if someone else wants to come along and room with us. Thats for the Friday and Saturday nights, seeing as registration is 9am on the Saturday morning.

Full details of the event that have been posted are here. Main thing its a £30 fee for two days of gaming, but lunch is provided as part of the payment. So in reality its not excessive.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Alan sent payment.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen